Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 19, 2009

The sequel to Relic's critically-acclaimed Dawn of War does away with economizing and base building in favor of a more involved combat system with RPG elements.

New expansion announced!

ArjanN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By ArjanN

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=RU&v=pwSTih8JArc         

Waaaaaagh! 

PR: 

THQ Inc. today announced that a second stand-alone expansion for its genre redefining real time strategy game, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II, is scheduled for release in the first quarter of 2011.

Taking place years after the events in Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising, this title allows players to choose their perspective with the first multiple-race single player campaign in the Dawn of War II series. The first race to be revealed is the savage Orks, but no matter which race is chosen players will be taken on an epic journey through each story arc, revealing the answers to many questions left open in previous Dawn of War titles.

As well as the single player campaign, Retribution will feature new multiplayer units, maps and an entire new playable faction when it ships.

Jeff Lydell, Producer of Dawn of War II - Retribution commented: "We all love the Blood Ravens here at Relic Entertainment, but there are also a lot of fans of the other races and armies out there so we decided that Retribution should allow the player the freedom to experience the campaign from the perspective they select."

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II -- Retribution is scheduled to be released for Windows PC in the first quarter of 2011.    

Avatar image for heroicdrinkingsong
    HeroicDrinkingSong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

So there is an Ork centered campaign?  I'm intensely curious to see how that works in the DOW II gameplay style.

ArjanN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By ArjanN
    @HeroicDrinkingSong said:
    "So there is an Ork centered campaign?  I'm intensely curious to see how that works in the DOW II gameplay style. "

I edited the op, it's a multi-race campaign. There's also going to be a new race added.
    Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Vorbis

Tau or Imperial guard, has to be!

Also an Eldar campaign would be great.

Lamashtu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Lamashtu

Smart money's on an Inquisition-based faction being the the next race in DoWII, given the end of the Chaos Rising expansion and the fact that the "I" in "Retribution" resembles the insignia of the Inquisition.

Teirdome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Teirdome
    @Lamashtu said:

" Smart money's on an Inquisition-based faction being the the next race in DoWII, given the end of the Chaos Rising expansion and the fact that the "I" in "Retribution" resembles the insignia of the Inquisition. "

I so hope you're right.  Inquisition done right could be amazing, even more so if the Grey Knights are done justice.  Gray steel boots of justice...
    Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Seedofpower

Here is a good Article with Pics. 

Also the Video!

ZzzleapyGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By ZzzleapyGuy

WAAAAAAAAGH! 
    Thats all I need to say

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.