Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 19, 2009

The sequel to Relic's critically-acclaimed Dawn of War does away with economizing and base building in favor of a more involved combat system with RPG elements.

Post your faction strategies

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Geno

For those of you who've gotten a handle on the gameplay, post your faction strategies/build orders.

Currently I play with Eldar and I use the Warp Spider Exarch commander. He's got huge ranged dps, he's fast, and he can teleport spam. Later on he's got a great Zeal ability that allows him to summon a Warp Spider squad for only 125 requisition, and also a heavy antivehicle wargear.

My early game involves sending the Exarch and the first squad of Guardians over to the nearest strategic points (for Green Tooth Jungle map I send the commander to the Victory Point at the south of the map first and stakeout there for a few seconds, then capture if no one's nearby), and ordering 2 squads of Guardians to immediately be built at the HQ. I prefer not to use a Shuriken Platform because Guardians do the same amount of damage and are much more mobile, plus good players don't really get affected by the Shuriken Platform's suppression.

I upgrade the nearest power node, and continue to send my first squad of Guardians around to capture nearby SP's. My second squad of Guardians will be out and I usually send them to the center of the map to camp behind cover. I usually get my Exarch to rally with them after he's done capping his point. About a minute or so in the game I'll have 3 Guardian squads and an Exarch, and I move towards the center to capture whatever points are there. Most players won't have such a focused group yet, so your opponent will likely only send one or two squads of units down to the center. This is where your Guardians and Exarch quickly spray them to death with shuriken cannons, likely leveling up in the process.

While that's happening, I usually upgrade my power node with 1-2 generators depending on how much req I have and tech up the HQ as soon as possible. From there the main priority goes to Wraithlords with shuriken cannon upgrades since they can handle both infantry and vehicles (they can handle vehicles by using melee). At this point the game is usually in my favor and I simply create more Wraithlords or Warp Spiders, or upgrade my Exarch's wargear.

The only matchup I've had trouble with so far is against Orks (Elves vs. Orks, naturally). Their units are incredibly tough and later on in the game have jump troops and rocket launchers that can take on my infantry and Wraithlord respectively. However, I still win with my setup the majority of the time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.