Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 19, 2009

The sequel to Relic's critically-acclaimed Dawn of War does away with economizing and base building in favor of a more involved combat system with RPG elements.

Steam Sale: DoW2 50% Off

Avatar image for deactivated-6610658acf7f5
    deactivated-6610658acf7f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Steam weekend sale in honor of the "There Is Only War" update has Dawn of War 2 fifty percent off this weekend. This is a great deal for a great game.

Also, other Relic games are half off too.
    Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Jambones

Damn, I just spent all my cash :( Fudge. Thanks for the heads up though; I am sure someone one the forum can benefit from it.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Vinchenzo

Does this game get better? I played the demo and felt it was like those same sequences that are tacked-on in a normal RTS. I hope so, because I am considering buying this.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Hamz

I remember playing the Beta for this and coming out a little underwhelmed. For the price it is at on Steam now, is it worth it? 

Is the single player campaign actually worth me investing time in to play? Or is DoW2 all about the multiplayer? I'm not a big fan of RTS games but I did enjoy the previous DoW games mainly down to the fact it's a WH:40K setting.

Avatar image for deactivated-6610658acf7f5
    deactivated-6610658acf7f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, the single player campaign is more of a tactical role-playing game. Skirmish mode (single player and multiplayer) plays like the real-time strategy game. I recommend you watch the battle reports Relic produced to demonstrate the new updates to the game. They're fun to watch and really show what Dawn of War 2 is all about.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By delta_ass

The single player campaign is definitely not just your usual "Build up and destroy the enemy base" RTS campaign. It's much more tactical and RPGish.

I think it's worth it even if you're not gonna play any multiplayer. Getting to max level and grinding a few defend missions will easily take you over 12 hours to finish.

CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CoverlessTech

Snide was loving it and Snide has pretty damn good taste in games if you ask me. I've been meaning to pick this up and half off gets my buy.

karakuchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By karakuchi

I'm not a fan of RTS games, because I spend too much time base building, but since this is just straight fighting and capturing points, its got me hooked.  I have been waiting for Steam to put it on sale for $20, so as soon as I saw it, I bought it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.