Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 13, 2011

Infiltrate an Ork starship and stop their invasion of an Imperial Forge World as a pair of pumped-up Space Marines in this dual-stick shooter set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe.

Local co-op only is a mistake

Red_R0B0T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Red_R0B0T

This would have been an easy purchase for me with online co-op.

after playing the demo, i can't see myself buying this for the single player.

I'm not saying the couch co-op shouldn't be in there. it's awesome for folks who can take advantage of it.

most of my friends are scattered across the U.S., and the ones that are local have wives/kids/etc that make a gaming playdate unlikely.

playing online has becomes a necessary part of my gaming diet.

Isn't online co-op considered par for the course in 2011?

anyone else put off by this?

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By pweidman

Demo was uninspiring anyway, but yeah, no online co-op is just bizarre.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By 234r2we232

There have been quite a few big name Arcade games that have not launched with online co-op/mp. Guardian of Light, Plants vs. Zombies,  Scott Pilgrim, Geometry Wars Evolved 2, etc.

Guardian of Light later had online co-op patched in, but was totally broken. Maybe it just costs too much for studios to justify resources? Especially for these smaller Arcade releases.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Pazy

I enjoyed the demo and I was interested in getting it with the idea of playing with a friend but then I found out that it didnt have online co-op and realised id never play it. I rather like dual-stick shooters and I have a lot of love for the Warhammer universe but im not willing to play past the first level without one of my buddy, specifically the other Warhammer fan, with me. Its too bad since at 800 points I would be all over it, with online co-op. If its patch in ill have forgotten about it I suspect.

Red_R0B0T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Red_R0B0T

@Pazy: This is exactly how I feel. I have a buddy who I know would be all over this, a fellow WH40k fan, but we can't play locally.

@sofacitysweetheart: yeah, I think you're right. netcode is a fickle, time-consuming thing to get right. It's cheaper to cut the feature all together, rather than spend time/money developing it, then more time/money supporting it down the road with fixes and updates.

furiousjodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By furiousjodo

Yeah. no local co-op basically stopped me from buying this game.  If I can't play it online with a buddy or two I really don't have much interest in it.  I'll still try the trial when I get a chance but very disappointed.  It doesn't make a lot of sense, even if it's just to save money or something this type of game really needs multi.  

dabada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dabada

Appaently, the studio that developed the game was closed down. So it doesn't look like THQ is going to sink very much resources into this project. I wouldn't hold my breath for patches or any kind of support either. Hey, who knows, I'd love to be wrong on this one and have THQ patch in on-line coop. That would be awesome.

Raiden361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Raiden361

I played the trial and it seemed like a solid fun game especially for 800 points. But no online co-op is a joke, glad I found that out before I bought it.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By BasketSnake

Thought it looked cool but I see now that I can't play with my friend on xbox online...so forget it.

Jocund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jocund

Welcome back couch co-op?  

But seriously, the only thing I could think of during while I played through the trial was, "This isn't great, but I wouldn't mind playing this with some online pals". So yeah, not having online co-op does irk me, especially since the game is otherwise pretty bland. 

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SteamPunkJin

It's a pain in the ass if arcade games don't support BOTH online and couch coop - most of them aren't so complex that it would be impossible and not having options is always annoying.

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Boiglenoight

Sounds like a pass. Shame, looked pretty cool.

VinLieger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By VinLieger

This was an insta purchase for me due to being able to weild a heavy bolter but no online co-op means they aint getting my monies

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@Red_R0B0T said:

Isn't online co-op considered par for the course in 2011?

anyone else put off by this?

It was par for the course in about 2005.

After both my friend and I bought this, we were very excited to realize that it was completely worthless. No online coop is inexcusable these days.

Also, the game barely scales, if at all. This makes playing it in singleplayer a real bitch at times. In coop on level 2 you will see about 1000 enemies. In singleplayer you fight about 850. Seem fair?

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By veektarius
    @sofacitysweetheart: What was broken about GoL's coop?  I beat the whole thing that way with no issues.
    sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By sins_of_mosin

I would have gotten Gold for at least a month if this had online coop.  Oh well.

aspaceinvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By aspaceinvader

Lack of online co-op is a major omission but that still doesn't stop it being fun to play.  I wonder would it have worked with online play? 

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SpecTackle

The whole game is more of a mistake.. I wish I had watched the quicklook longer than a minute. I wouldn't have bought it.

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By SpawnMan

I GOT IT FOR FREEEEEEEEEEE!!! MUAHAHAHA!!! 

; ) 

Yeah, I'm not complaining. TBH, I actually think the game is really fun. And when a friend comes over and we wanna try an easy to play quick game, this is easy to load up! If no online play means it costs less and you don't feel like you're being cheated when after a month you can't find anyone to play with, well so be it! : )

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.