no demo for this game!

#1 Posted by buft (3317 posts) -

I dont want to fork over 800 points for something like this before i play it, neither xbox live or xbox.com have a demo for this game, is this a glitch in the machine or is this the first xbla game that wont get one? hard to believe the latter because i thought a demo was one of the must haves on XBLA releases

#2 Posted by NightHarlequin (4 posts) -

I was able to download a trial so if it was glitched they've already fixed it.

#3 Posted by Murtaug (308 posts) -

Chances are the trial was just delayed behind them putting up the full game. When I downloaded it just a few minutes ago I was given the option to download the trial, being a huge 40k fan I opted to just snag the full game right away. Game is pretty fun if you like dual stick shooters, liberal check points too, which was nice as it can be a tad difficult at times.

#4 Posted by DEMONOLOGY_24 (521 posts) -

I just checked it now it's there. the more important question is should I get ms splosion man

#5 Posted by buft (3317 posts) -
@DEMONOLOGY_24 said:
I just checked it now it's there. the more important question is should I get ms splosion man
yes,yes you should
#6 Posted by DEMONOLOGY_24 (521 posts) -
@buft said:
@DEMONOLOGY_24 said:
yes,yes you should

I didn't finish the original is that a problem
#7 Edited by buft (3317 posts) -
@DEMONOLOGY_24 said:

@buft said:

@DEMONOLOGY_24 said:
yes,yes you should
nope as long as twisted pixel gets your money and make more games thats good enough, honestly some of the changes they made to the game like the slide poles and cannons(donkey kong barrel) make the game a lot more frantic and interesting. im at world 2 and even the overworld map is fun to navigate 

to stay on topic here, i just tried the uk store on xbla and no demo still 
#8 Posted by DEMONOLOGY_24 (521 posts) -
@buft said:
@DEMONOLOGY_24 said:

@buft said:

@DEMONOLOGY_24 said:
yes,yes you should
nope as long as twisted pixel gets your money and make more games thats good enough, honestly some of the changes they made to the game like the slide poles and cannons(donkey kong barrel) make the game a lot more frantic and interesting. im at world 2 and even the overworld map is fun to navigate  to stay on topic here, i just tried the uk store on xbla and no demo still 

ya I wanted to buy this game for the same reason and those unlockables look so crazy that it just might warrant my purchase 
#9 Posted by DEMONOLOGY_24 (521 posts) -

I checked the canadian store so that's probably why it's not there for you
#10 Posted by fentonalpha (819 posts) -

The demo was great but I'm so pissed off at where they popped up the "buy full game" message I'm just not going to but it on principle.

#11 Edited by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

Silly topic is silly. You could have just waited a few hours if you thought it was a glitch :|

@DEMONOLOGY_24 said:

Support good games and don't buy Splosion Man 2. They already ripped enough people off with Comic Jumper - that is to say more than one person bought it... probably.
#12 Posted by piropeople13 (399 posts) -

This stuff is always a temporary glitch.  Publishing on XBLA REQUIRES a trial version.

#13 Posted by Sitoxity (551 posts) -

@fentonalpha: You had FUN with a demo and just because they limited it, you're not going to buy it? That's really, REALLY dumb.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.