12 dollars at target. Worth it?

#1 Posted by Solh0und (1756 posts) -

I've played the demo but I didn't get the sense of anything from the game. So I ask you guys: Is it worth me paying 12 dollars for it?

#2 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

I love this game.

#3 Posted by Scrawnto (2434 posts) -

For 12 bucks? Sure.

#4 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

Absolutely. Not super long, but a hell of a lot of fun.

#5 Posted by Pazy (2561 posts) -

Its definately worth it. Im not sure how well the competative multiplayer is going, id be afraid to go back, but the campaign is a fantastic third person shooter. The levels look great, are pretty varied in terms of gameplay and the shooting and melee work well and blend together. The only downside I can think of is that it really feels like the first go at something, there isnt quite enough visual variety, just Warhammer 40k style and cool vista's, and no co-op.

If you like third person shooter its a fantastic campaign, go for it.

#6 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

Yes. It is awesome.

#7 Posted by _Horde (837 posts) -

Certainly. It is a great game.

#8 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

Yeah it's totally worth it. Unless it's PC, then I'd give it a good thought beforehand, it's filled with it's own share of problems. Lots of slowdown, it's weird. The framerate stays the same, so it's like a bad slow-mo effect, but at completely undesirable moments, like traversing the battlefield.

#9 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Hell ya!

#10 Edited by AndrewBeardsley (371 posts) -

For 12 bucks. Yes

I paid 30 and thought it was worth it.

#11 Posted by Solh0und (1756 posts) -

Alright folks....I will buy it tomorrow.

#12 Posted by Tennmuerti (8002 posts) -

If you are into 40k even a little bit then hell yea it's worth it.
If you don't like the 40k universe, then maybe not so much.

#13 Posted by Giantstalker (1532 posts) -

On the PC at least, this was actually a really good game.

I imagine the console version is somewhat worse, but for $12, you could do a hell of a lot worse. If you got the cash, go for it.

#14 Posted by Kandycane2029 (511 posts) -

I rented it, having no previous knowledge or experience with the 40k universe, and really enjoyed it. Though the only thing that got on my nerves quickly was the constant shouting of "SHPACE MUHREEN!" every time you encountered an enemy group.

#15 Posted by DrSwank (442 posts) -

OR, rent through Redbox and pay $4. Done.

#16 Posted by believer258 (11633 posts) -

Few games aren't worth twelve bucks.

#17 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3786 posts) -

Hells yeah it is, I paid full price for it an it was totally worth it.

#18 Posted by UitDeToekomst (702 posts) -

i believe Dave would endorse that purchase pretty heartily. i didn't make it very far into this game before getting bored and quitting, but i would assume Dave carries considerably more weight than i do.

#19 Posted by WilliamHenry (1200 posts) -

@believer258 said:

Few games aren't worth twelve bucks.

Came here to say basically this. Glad someone beat me to it.

#20 Posted by Commisar123 (1790 posts) -

Very much so

#21 Posted by big_jon (5709 posts) -

Yes

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.