Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

A crucial planet size factory is under siege by millions of Orks. As Space Marine Captain Titus, you must lead your soldiers to stem the tide until help arrives.

Hope For a Sequel?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Edited By Seppli

It's so bloody one-note. It hits that one note with such brilliance. I want more.

Or should I just go ahead and get 'Dawn of War 2'?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#1  Edited By Seppli

It's so bloody one-note. It hits that one note with such brilliance. I want more.

Or should I just go ahead and get 'Dawn of War 2'?

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Jeffsekai

You should just read the books. DoW2 doesn't really deliver in the bad-assery department like Space Marine does.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By pweidman

Agreed totally about Space Marine, and it made me seriously consider DoW2 also, never having played any of that franchise.

Hopefully a sequel is locked and it'll include more of the vast 40k universe, and especially all the other cool enemies. Got a few of the Omnibuses myself after playing SM(dirt cheap on Amazon btw), and they are pretty damn pulpy for my taste...but I get it 40K fans. ;)

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By big_jon

DOW 2 is awesome.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Deranged

Space Marine was an awesome game, I hope they continue with a sequel.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Spoonman671

I think there will probably be more Space Marine in the future, but you should still play Dawn of War II.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@Jeffsekai said:

You should just read the books. DoW2 doesn't really deliver in the bad-assery department like Space Marine does.

I recently got into the Warhammer 40k lore and began with the Horus Heresy series, those first three books were fucking fantastic. I never was a huge novel reader until I was recommended these.

Also, I hope Space Marine does get a sequel (I remember reading that one was planned), I just hope for a more fleshed out set of characters and a greater emphasis on story a long with the amazing and brutal combat.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By benspyda

DOW: Dark Crusade is my favorite Warhammer game of all time. DoW2 and Space Marine are pretty great too.

@Bucketdeth: I also started reading the Horus Heresy books. I think they should do a Vinny book club video series!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benspyda said:

DOW: Dark Crusade is my favorite Warhammer game of all time. DoW2 and Space Marine are pretty great too.

@Bucketdeth: I also started reading the Horus Heresy books. I think they should do a Vinny book club video series!

+1 to that idea. It was weird that Vinny started reading the books around the exact same time I did, but I guess it was in preparation for Space Marine, the same reason I wanted to begin reading.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Spoonman671
    @Bucketdeth said:

@Jeffsekai said:

I recently got into the Warhammer 40k lore and began with the Horus Heresy series, those first three books were fucking fantastic. I never was a huge novel reader until I was recommended these.

Also, I hope Space Marine does get a sequel (I remember reading that one was planned), I just hope for a more fleshed out set of characters and a greater emphasis on story a long with the amazing and brutal combat.

I hope the next Space Marine is more of an action-RPG.  I'd like to see some of the character customization (and loot!) we saw in Dawn of War II mixed into the gameplay of Space Marine.  The level design would have to be drastically different in order to accommodate the playerbase' various combat approaches, but I want a jump pack at all times and I don't care what it takes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Spoonman671 said:

@Bucketdeth said:

@Jeffsekai said:

I hope the next Space Marine is more of an action-RPG. I'd like to see some of the character customization (and loot!) we saw in Dawn of War II mixed into the gameplay of Space Marine. The level design would have to be drastically different in order to accommodate the playerbase' various combat approaches, but I want a jump pack at all times and I don't care what it takes.

Oh man, that would be fan-fucking-tastic. I'm still playing through Dawn of War II but from what I have played of it is fun as hell. Throw in loot and action-rpg elements would be to much awesome for me to handle.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By project343

I'm going to vote that Relic invest it's energy into a Company of Heroes sequel. Space Marine was 'so' one-note that I could barely make it through the demo without rolling over in boredom. To each their own, I guess.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Jackel2072

im not even finished with the game (just got it yesterday) and i fucking love this game. i am completely addicted to the co-op. Yes i will buy a sequel. also need to start reading the books.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.