Relic And Warhammer 40K Deploy A Tougher Space Marine

• 154 results
#51 Posted by Undeadpool (4998 posts) -

If they want to keep the franchise fresh, let us be someone else. I'm not saying I have someone in mind (Chaos Space Marines) but it would be a nice departure to, instead of being the space marine, be the guy (or gal or weird alien bug or space ork) who's shooting AT the space marine.

#52 Edited by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

I can't wait to see Eldar up close :D

#53 Posted by OrgunUK (78 posts) -

Excellent article, I have to say that Space Marine and the 40K mmo are my most anticipated titles at the moment. :)

#54 Posted by Cake (215 posts) -

GiantBomb's got the best video editors. Also, the best interviewer.

#55 Posted by Silights (36 posts) -

I am really looking forward to this game.

#56 Posted by Jazz (2322 posts) -

boyscouts.

#57 Posted by TomA (2531 posts) -

I appreciate how Brad says that alot of the big burly space marine,alien, type stuff, was originated from 40k. which is nice to hear cause alot of people overlook that fact.

#58 Posted by Lingxor (423 posts) -

I heart Relic.

#59 Posted by SquadBroken (280 posts) -

Good to see Brad kneeling before the Emperor.  Has this been confirmed for pc yet?  Between this and the mmo I'll be in 40k heaven.

#60 Posted by Saminougat (62 posts) -
@SquadBroken said:
" Good to see Brad kneeling before the Emperor.  Has this been confirmed for pc yet?  Between this and the mmo I'll be in 40k heaven. "
It is coming for xbox 360, PS3 and PC. See the wikipage and he says that on the video.
#61 Posted by Otzlowe (337 posts) -

I could not care less about anything involving Space Marines. GW should actually attempt to promote the other parts of their IP. 
I can't bitch that much, because the Tau got a game, but Fire Warrior wasn't very good... 

Hell, I would be more interested if it were even a different freaking Space Marine chapter. Ultramarines are about as boring as you can get.

#62 Posted by EOT (131 posts) -
@Undeadpool: They did that. It was called Fire Warrior. It wasn't very good. 
#63 Posted by Edraii (71 posts) -
@Matthew said:
" @Seedofpower said:
" @Hamz said:
" All together now....

FOR THE EMPEROR!

"

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

"

WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

"
For the Greater good!
Man, sounds a bit lame in comparison...
#64 Posted by Foley917 (2 posts) -

seriously? sigh ppl who dont know anything of develeopment cycles shhh... they said they showed demo, game is early stage. coming next year... at early their making areas blaa blaah, at final stage their fine tuning sizes etc. anyway I dont know what ballerina or final fantasy story you want, but 40k means for me core, action, blowing stuff up, killing all that opposite you :D hexx about time :D  Im only thinking of this, finally space marine action! thats enuff for me...  and its THQ own team... pc... 

#65 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

Looked around and GB definitly had the best coverage of this event, always nice to see.

#66 Posted by CaptainObvious (3000 posts) -

God I love Warhammer 40k, this is going to be awesome.

#67 Posted by Sammichman (119 posts) -

Why can't we have a Space Wolf or Blood Angles game? Ragnar and Dante need a game!

#68 Posted by SuperSecretAgenda (696 posts) -
@Vorbis:  Co-op in Space Marine has been announced a looooong time ago.
#69 Posted by dubios451 (134 posts) -

It makes sense to do the Ultramarines...but man, as a former Black Templars player, I wish it was them in this game. Still looks awesome though, I would love if 40k became a mainstream hit, then maybe I could go back to playing the table top game without feeling quite so nerdy.

#70 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -
@SuperSecretAgenda:  I looked and I can't find anything, there was only speculation because they released an image with 4 Space Marines together. Got a link?
#71 Posted by MuttersomeTaxicab (676 posts) -

Please let there be a Space Hulk mod/expansion for this. 

pleasepleasepleaseplease.
#72 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -

Very excited for this one. We need more Warhammer games! Especially of the 40k variety.

#73 Posted by Lungford (49 posts) -

Man, what is that dope track playing behind the montage at the beginning?

#74 Posted by ICryCauseImEmo (513 posts) -

Bring on the war baby, Im always a fan of 40k.

#75 Posted by PJ (1158 posts) -

"...  So you don't take cover." 
If I'm not misstaken, couldn't you move your units(Space Marines) into cover in the 40K RTS game that Relic made a couple of years back?

#76 Posted by ArrenDusk (84 posts) -

More 40k is always good.

#77 Posted by Reizarvg (101 posts) -

Would people please stop saying that Ultramarines are elite space marines? That's just flat out wrong. Aside from Gray knights and the Custodes, all Space Marines are basically the same in strength. All that varies is some slight genetic mutations and the different tactics chapters employ. Hell, you could probably argue that Ultramarines aren't as good as other Chapters, since they insist on doing everything 'by the book'.

#78 Posted by Valru (91 posts) -
@Lingxor said:
" I heart Relic. "
#79 Posted by MrPiZzA (95 posts) -

what is the song playing from 0:49 to 1:30?

#80 Posted by TekZero (2691 posts) -

Super hyped for this game.  What I would like to see next is an action rpg set in the Warhammer fantasy universe. 

#81 Posted by Xealot42 (283 posts) -

Can't wait for this and the next DOW2 expansion.  Relic rocks!

#82 Posted by Daveyo520 (7005 posts) -

This game looks pretty sick. Sign me up.

#83 Posted by infestedandy (266 posts) -
@Reizarvg:  Thank you sir!

I also find it hard to believe that no Tyranids would appear in this game. I mean, come on, these are Ultramarines we're talking about. They specialize in taking those cretins down.

In any case, these gameplay looks intense and I simply cannot wait to get my hands on this. It's definitely what the 40k gaming franchise has needed for a while.
#84 Posted by sandweed (146 posts) -
@Reizarvg said:
" Would people please stop saying that Ultramarines are elite space marines? That's just flat out wrong. Aside from Gray knights and the Custodes, all Space Marines are basically the same in strength. All that varies is some slight genetic mutations and the different tactics chapters employ. Hell, you could probably argue that Ultramarines aren't as good as other Chapters, since they insist on doing everything 'by the book'. "
Then again the Ultramarines are easy to write for just because of that, most of the other chapters look down on normal humans and don't even consider themselves human anymore. You want a hero the player can identify with and understand, most other races in WH40K are just to strange for the mainstream.
#85 Posted by HiScores (42 posts) -

Have excitement, will travel.... :)

#86 Posted by Jimbo (10000 posts) -

I wouldn't have bought this if it had just been another cover shooter, so that decision probably just got them a sale.  It probably lost a million sales to people that would prefer a cover system, but fuck those guys.

#87 Posted by Myomoto (310 posts) -

This game better have a level where you're wearing power armor and a heavy flamer, while hunting tyranids inside of a space hulk.

#88 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

The hype for this game is surprisingly good. I was expecting nothing but hate-fests. I'm curious to see how this compares to Hunted: Demon's Forge.

#89 Posted by SonofSeth (94 posts) -

Hmmm, foe some reason, I really want to play this.

#90 Posted by Azgar (4 posts) -

Hoping for more varied scenery than shown so far

#91 Posted by Callumrides (357 posts) -

Look forward to seeing more

#92 Posted by Subjugation (4741 posts) -

WWWWAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!

#93 Posted by John1912 (1977 posts) -

Actually looks really promising.  Production values seem pretty good.  Good atmosphere with the setting and races.  Makes me think Gears rip off, but Im not seeing a prob with that.  Not yet anyway.

#94 Posted by mazik765 (2316 posts) -
@infestedandy:  I would expect to see Chaos and Eldar far before Tyranids, although I would not be surprised to see Tyranids either since they finally made it into DoW2.
#95 Posted by Hoshnasi (356 posts) -

I want to see an Imperial Guard game.  You play as a weakling (all things considered) your equipped with a glorified flashlight (lasgun) but to make things more "Guard-like" you have 100 lives.

#96 Posted by donaldkhogan (171 posts) -

Awesome vid guys, is it just me or was the editing particularly spry and exciting this time around? 

#97 Edited by Icemael (6364 posts) -

The game looks too easy. In a Space Marine game, I want every single enemy to be genuine threat. I want every fight with every Ork to be a violent dance with death; every kill to feel like a fucking tour de force. I want the game to be God Hand with guns; a series of really good boxing matches, only between a human tank and ferocious, alien mountains of muscle and firepower instead of guys wearing gloves.

The way the main character effortlessly slays the enemies... I don't like it.

#98 Posted by CaptainObvious (3000 posts) -
@Icemael said:
" The game looks too easy. In a Space Marine game, I want every single enemy to be genuine threat. I want every fight with every Ork to be a violent dance with death; every kill to feel like a fucking tour de force. I want the game to be God Hand with guns; a really good boxing match, only between human tanks and ferocious, alien mountains of muscle and firepower instead of guys wearing gloves.The way the main character effortlessly slays the enemies... I don't like it. "
That's how Space Marines are in Warhammer 40k's lore. Hell, some of them are basically gods on the battlefield.
#99 Posted by Icemael (6364 posts) -
@CaptainObvious said:
" @Icemael said:
" The game looks too easy. In a Space Marine game, I want every single enemy to be genuine threat. I want every fight with every Ork to be a violent dance with death; every kill to feel like a fucking tour de force. I want the game to be God Hand with guns; a really good boxing match, only between human tanks and ferocious, alien mountains of muscle and firepower instead of guys wearing gloves.The way the main character effortlessly slays the enemies... I don't like it. "
That's how Space Marines are in Warhammer 40k's lore. Hell, some of them are basically gods on the battlefield. "
I know, but while Space Marines may be living, breathing weapons of mass destruction, they don't kill their enemies effortlessly. They put all their strength into it; and that's exactly the reason they're as feared as they are. I want the game to convey that feeling to me -- the feeling of being a Space Marine; the immense satisfaction of utterly destroying my enemies; the pride of standing upon their ravaged corpses -- and if it's too easy, that's just not going to happen. See, there's no satisfaction or pride or feeling of power in killing a bunch of pansies -- not even if they're disguised as big, green, violent beasts.
#100 Posted by CaptainObvious (3000 posts) -
@Icemael said:
" @CaptainObvious said:
" @Icemael said:
That's how Space Marines are in Warhammer 40k's lore. Hell, some of them are basically gods on the battlefield. "
I know, but while Space Marines may be living, breathing weapons of mass destruction, they don't kill their enemies effortlessly. They put all their strength into it; and that's exactly the reason they're as feared as they are. I want the game to convey that feeling to me -- the feeling of being a Space Marine; the immense satisfaction of utterly destroying my enemies; the pride of standing upon their ravaged corpses -- and if it's too easy, that's just not going to happen. See, there's no satisfaction or pride or feeling of power in killing a bunch of pansies -- not even if they're disguised as big, green, violent beasts. "
That is true, but I imagine that as the game progresses we're going to face enemies on par with our hero's level. Chaos Space Marines, Nobz, huge Tyranids, elite Eldar, Tau Battlesuits and so on and so forth. The only thing that worries me is the generic hero, even for Space Marine standards. I'd rather play as a Deathwatch veteran Marine, or a Grey Knight.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.