Things That Aren't In This Game Which Maybe Should Be

• 58 results
#1 Posted by Devilb0y (131 posts) -

I know, I know, it's not out yet. But I thought I'd see if watching all the videos and playing the demo has gotten anyone else thinking about all the cool stuff they've missed out that they can put into future installations of this series (so long as it's a financial success).

First thing that springs to mind is the gear: it doesn't look like we're going to get power swords or power fists in this game, and I doubt we'll have a chance to don terminator armour any time soon. I'd love to see them put that stuff in, maybe even take a few notes from Mech Warrior and allow a truly customised load out.

What about you guys? Anything in particular you really wanted them to include that doesn't seem to have made it in?

#2 Posted by warxsnake (2650 posts) -

i want a heavy bolter

#3 Posted by pweidman (2364 posts) -

I know next to nothing about the 40K lore, but there is a fair amount of gear customizing you can do w/your mp character. And the Kill Team bonus is a powersword for Space Marine :). Also, I think Relic is planning quite a bit of DLC for this game so maybe later more weapons and gear variants will show up.

#4 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

there are power swords, no fists or claws tho

#5 Posted by Gooddoggy (414 posts) -

Obviously I can't say for certain what is and isn't in the game, since it's not out yet, but I'd like to see something besides Orks and Chaos. The last time I was actively in to 40K was in the mid-90s, during the 2nd Edition rules, so I have almost zero exposure to the Tau, Dark Eldar and Necrons.

#6 Posted by jewunit (1064 posts) -
@Gooddoggy said:

Obviously I can't say for certain what is and isn't in the game, since it's not out yet, but I'd like to see something besides Orks and Chaos. The last time I was actively in to 40K was in the mid-90s, during the 2nd Edition rules, so I have almost zero exposure to the Tau, Dark Eldar and Necrons.

Yeah, I would love to see the Tyranids and Eldar have some involvement in the game.  It would be fun to see how the Space Marines interact with the Imperial Guard as well.
#7 Posted by Devilb0y (131 posts) -

Yeah I just clocked on their site that power swords have actually made it in. Great news.

I'd fancy that Tyranids would suit the gameplay style down to a tee, so I'd like them to get introduced at some stage.

#8 Posted by alternate (2720 posts) -

I say no on Terminator Armour.  That is meant to be so slow and cumbersome that levels would be a chore and if you have it as a set piece it becomes just a glorified turret section.

#9 Posted by IamTerics (432 posts) -

It'd be awesome if you played a Dreadnought for a level or two.

#10 Posted by MeierTheRed (4941 posts) -

I want to pilot a Titan... that will never happen. But it feel the game has some good items in there already. I mean i would love to suit up in a Terminator armor, but that's not really what the main dude in the game would wear. But i could see them putting in stuff like that and claws and fists in the coming Co-Op DLC.

#11 Posted by Devilb0y (131 posts) -
@IamTerics said:
I thought about this for a little while, but Dreadnought's are powered by a warrior spirit rather than a human so they'd have to break canon to do it, and if there's one thing they can't afford to do it's piss off the 40k fans. It would be awesome though.
#12 Posted by Frohman (146 posts) -
@Gooddoggy said:

Dark Eldar have been there since the beginning. I've been playing them since 2nd ed.
#13 Posted by Spoonman671 (4777 posts) -

If they bring Dawn of War II's customization into an action game like this, that would be awesome.

#14 Posted by Seedofpower (3949 posts) -

@warxsnake said:

i want a heavy bolter

Well you will be happy to know that there is one.

#15 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Fun. ;3

Sorry, that was mean D:

#16 Posted by Ursus_Veritas (383 posts) -
@Frohman: Dark Eldar only became a unique army in third edition 40k. Before that, having a 'Dark' Eldar army was just a common customisation amongst Eldar players, but they definitely weren't officially an army till they got their own Codex with Third edition. 
#17 Posted by Enigma777 (6059 posts) -

I just want more WAAAAAGH!

#18 Posted by Jeffsekai (7054 posts) -

@jewunit said:

@Gooddoggy said:

Yeah, I would love to see the Tyranids and Eldar have some involvement in the game. It would be fun to see how the Space Marines interact with the Imperial Guard as well.

Eldar are always involved.

#19 Posted by Seedofpower (3949 posts) -

@Jeffsekai said:

@jewunit said:

@Gooddoggy said:

Yeah, I would love to see the Tyranids and Eldar have some involvement in the game. It would be fun to see how the Space Marines interact with the Imperial Guard as well.

The classic Relic four: Space Marines, Chaos Marines, Orks, and Eldar.

#20 Posted by Jeffsekai (7054 posts) -

@Seedofpower said:

@Jeffsekai said:

@jewunit said:

@Gooddoggy said:

Pretty much, I expect the Eldar to show up and be all "Hey Space Marines you guys should really stop that because reallllllllllly bad shit will happen if you do it!" to which the Space marines will reply "WHY DO THESE ELDAR ALWAYS SPEAK IN SUCH TONGUES AND TRY TO MEDDLE WITH US, THEY MAKE NO SENSE. FOR THE EMPEROR." Then the space marines fix everything that could have all be avoided if they just listened to the eldar.

#21 Posted by BeefyGrandmole (355 posts) -

Cover.

#22 Posted by Krampus (141 posts) -
@BeefyGrandmole: It's not Gears of whores

I'd like to see the Necrons and Tyranids.  Throwing some Assassins in there would be cool but I don't know how they would do it in this game really.  Oblitorators and any other side of Chaos other than Khrone would be awesome.  I don't expect to see any of these things except possibly Necrons at a later date.  Also lightening claws and fists would be awesome.  ...I wonder if we get to control a Dreadnought in the game.
#23 Posted by Veektarius (5025 posts) -

I think the reason we see Orks and Chaos so often is that they're the two cases where after considered thought, you can be fairly certain that humanity are the good guys, but they have enough personality to still have banter and advance the plot. With the Eldar and particularly the Tau, it's not as clear. Loved the earlier characterization of the Eldar - their backstory gives them a reputation for deception to get their way, but every time they give a warning in the fiction it turns out to be true. I don't feel like the Tau are fleshed out at all within the fiction of Warhammer - maybe that's less true in their source books but they're hardly mentioned in the Black Library. With the Necrons and Tyranids, they're evil, sure, but they have no personality.

#24 Posted by Bocam (3832 posts) -

I want those things that look like the zerg but aren't the zerg to be in it

#25 Posted by neoepoch (1295 posts) -

@Jeffsekai said:

Pretty much, I expect the Eldar to show up and be all "Hey Space Marines you guys should really stop that because reallllllllllly bad shit will happen if you do it!" to which the Space marines will reply "WHY DO THESE ELDAR ALWAYS SPEAK IN SUCH TONGUES AND TRY TO MEDDLE WITH US, THEY MAKE NO SENSE. FOR THE EMPEROR." Then the space marines fix everything that could have all be avoided if they just listened to the eldar.

Eldar are self serving. They'll do anything to save only a handful of their own race, including whole sectors of other races. So any warning that the eldar give are probably only in their own interests in the long run.

Also, I wonder if people actually know that a dreadnought is essentially a corpse on life support inside a walker. If you were to control one, then it'd have to be a different character altogether, which would kinda be interesting, but I'm not actually sure how many SM have actually been dropped on this planet, let alone any dreadnoughts.

#26 Posted by Frohman (146 posts) -
@Ursus_Veritas said:
@Frohman: Dark Eldar only became a unique army in third edition 40k. Before that, having a 'Dark' Eldar army was just a common customisation amongst Eldar players, but they definitely weren't officially an army till they got their own Codex with Third edition. 
I thought that was wrong, but then I looked it up to see what was going on because I remember everyone calling mine the 2nd ed rules and it even having a stamp on the start that even said 'Second Edition' however this is the third edition of the game, and so it's technically third ed. That's weird. Both right, but you're probably more so.
#27 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -

@BeefyGrandmole said:

Cover.

*screams into a pillow*

#28 Posted by mazik765 (2316 posts) -
@Devilb0y said:
@IamTerics said:
I thought about this for a little while, but Dreadnought's are powered by a warrior spirit rather than a human so they'd have to break canon to do it, and if there's one thing they can't afford to do it's piss off the 40k fans. It would be awesome though.
They actually are powered by humans. Just the human's are Space Marine who have been injured to the very brink of death and are entombed in the Dreadnought so they can continue to serve the emperor. Still doesn't work with the lore though. Also Terminator armor isn't really something you hop in and out of. Not to mention a Space Marine is required to receive terminator honors before even thinking about requisitioning terminator armour.
#29 Posted by Devilb0y (131 posts) -
@mazik765 said:
@Devilb0y said:
@IamTerics said:
They actually are powered by humans. Just the human's are Space Marine who have been injured to the very brink of death and are entombed in the Dreadnought so they can continue to serve the emperor. Still doesn't work with the lore though. Also Terminator armor isn't really something you hop in and out of. Not to mention a Space Marine is required to receive terminator honors before even thinking about requisitioning terminator armour.
Yeah I kind of figured they'd have to pull a Call of Duty and have you change characters to get in some terminator armour. If they re-did that last stand a squad of Ultramarine Terminators made on the UM homeworld (Ultramar?) against a genestealer invasion, that'd have the potential to be my favourite thing in gaming ever.
#30 Posted by wealllikepie (757 posts) -

they should let you switch out to terminator armor (dreadnought would be too much of a game breaker). Also, it would be nice to see some non-traditional race in there, like the tau or something

#31 Posted by savingpvtbryan (5 posts) -

Interesting...

#32 Posted by Matfei90 (1288 posts) -

I just want Terminator armour with power hammer + shield combo.

#33 Posted by huntad (1958 posts) -

@jewunit said:

@Gooddoggy said:

The Imperial Guard are in the game. They are in the demo as well, so you can get a sneak peak on how they interact.

#34 Posted by SquadBroken (280 posts) -
@Jeffsekai

@Seedofpower said:

@Jeffsekai said:

@jewunit said:

@Gooddoggy said:

And SM will be like "why didn't you just tell us straight in the first place instead of doing all your little secret plans". Eldar will be like "yo we were fighting Chaos way before it was cool".

Eldar are hipsters.
#35 Posted by Mnemoidian (962 posts) -
@mazik765 The main character (Titus) is a Company Captain, so it's very likely that he has Terminator Honors - and access to a suit (though probably not on this mission if only a few Space Marines have been deployed).
#36 Posted by niamahai (1394 posts) -

i want to make hot passionate love to a Sister of Battle. 
HOT 
PASSIONATE 
LOVE 

FOR THE EMPEROR THAT IS!

#37 Posted by jewunit (1064 posts) -
@huntad said:

@jewunit said:

@Gooddoggy said:

The Imperial Guard are in the game. They are in the demo as well, so you can get a sneak peak on how they interact.

Good to know!  I have the demo sitting on my PS3, but haven't had the chance to play it yet.  Maybe knowing that the Guard make an appearance will encourage me.
#38 Posted by Herocide (441 posts) -
@niamahai said:
i want to make hot passionate love to a Sister of Battle. HOT PASSIONATE LOVE     FOR THE EMPEROR THAT IS!
Space Marines don't have any junk.
#39 Posted by MysteriousFawx (385 posts) -

Orks crap all over every other 40k race, want proof? Here is ork boyz logic that proves they're the best...

"Oomans are pink and soft, not tough and green like da Boyz. They'z all the same size too, so they'z always arguing about who's in charge, 'cos there's no way of telling 'cept fer badges an' ooniforms and fings. When one of them wants to lord it over the uvvers, 'e says "I'm very speshul so'z you gotta worship me", or "I know summink wot you lot don't know, so yer better lissen good". Da funny fing is, arf of 'em believe it and da over arf don't, so 'e 'as to hit 'em all anyway or run fer it. Wot a lot of mukkin' about if yer asks me. An' while they'z all arguin' wiv each other over who's da boss, da Orks can clobber da lot."

If you still want to play something besides Orks, you clearly have some kind of brain related damage and/or loss.

#40 Posted by Frohman (146 posts) -
@MysteriousFawx said:

Orks crap all over every other 40k race, want proof? Here is ork boyz logic that proves they're the best...

"Oomans are pink and soft, not tough and green like da Boyz. They'z all the same size too, so they'z always arguing about who's in charge, 'cos there's no way of telling 'cept fer badges an' ooniforms and fings. When one of them wants to lord it over the uvvers, 'e says "I'm very speshul so'z you gotta worship me", or "I know summink wot you lot don't know, so yer better lissen good". Da funny fing is, arf of 'em believe it and da over arf don't, so 'e 'as to hit 'em all anyway or run fer it. Wot a lot of mukkin' about if yer asks me. An' while they'z all arguin' wiv each other over who's da boss, da Orks can clobber da lot."

If you still want to play something besides Orks, you clearly have some kind of brain related damage and/or loss.

You know that Orks are also extremely psionic, but are too stupid to understand that they are. Guns that shouldn't work do because they think it should, red litterly makes things go faster, the more orks that like one ork, the bigger he gets because he thinks he does, and lastly, there is a human named Yarrik who is invincible because the orks think he is.
They are a very fun race to play indeed. However I am a Dark Eldar player. And I know for a fact that the orks scream in pain just like every other race. And if I am not drinking their souls, then I will send them to fight to the death in a grand arena against my wyches.
#41 Posted by Marz (5672 posts) -

Honestly i just want to play the 40k MMO, seems like a great setting to spend years of my life in.

#42 Edited by Lifestrike (482 posts) -

#43 Posted by Matfei90 (1288 posts) -
@Herocide said:
@niamahai said:
i want to make hot passionate love to a Sister of Battle. HOT PASSIONATE LOVE     FOR THE EMPEROR THAT IS!
Space Marines don't have any junk.
BS. That's not a part of the transformation process from man to marine, unless I've missed something each time I've read the fluff.

Perhaps some chapters do it, for whatever reason, but it's not standard as far as I know.
#44 Posted by Giantstalker (1729 posts) -
  • Power Fists
  • Lightning Claws
  • Missile Launchers
  • Flamers/Heavy Flamers
  • Terminator Armor
  • Scouts
  • Chaplains
  • Librarians
  • Dreadnoughts
  • Rhinos/Razorbacks
  • Predator Tanks
  • Land Speeders
  • Land Raiders

Just off the top of my head.

#45 Posted by Unchained (1090 posts) -

Space Wolves. I know there is an unlockable color template for them, but I want the actual Chapter of the Space Wolves involved in the campaign story. Preferably as the main character.

Though I absolutely loved the campaign as is.

#46 Posted by Barrock (3553 posts) -

All games should have stat tracking for achievements.

#47 Posted by neoepoch (1295 posts) -

Apothecary, Techmarine, Dreadnought. Also, the game's ending, while great, was kinda a bummer...definitely a downer ending, but it hints toward a sequel (or at least story based DLC) so that is pretty awesome. Also, last boss fight was kinda disappointing...reminded me of the Joker in Arkham Asylum. All in all, the game was great so I'm pretty pumped, and while I would have liked to see other races, I can wait for another game. I can also see why Relic was cagey, cause if they said anything less people would have been inclined to play it.

#48 Posted by Spoonman671 (4777 posts) -
@Frohman said:
@MysteriousFawx said:

You know that Orks are also extremely psionic, but are too stupid to understand that they are. Guns that shouldn't work do because they think it should, red litterly makes things go faster, the more orks that like one ork, the bigger he gets because he thinks he does, and lastly, there is a human named Yarrik who is invincible because the orks think he is. They are a very fun race to play indeed. However I am a Dark Eldar player. And I know for a fact that the orks scream in pain just like every other race. And if I am not drinking their souls, then I will send them to fight to the death in a grand arena against my wyches.
So would that mean that a Space Marine wearing red armor would move faster?  Did I just give the Space Marines their path to victory?
#49 Posted by Giantstalker (1729 posts) -

@Lifestrike said:

"Nope."
#50 Posted by Frohman (146 posts) -
@Spoonman671 said:
@Frohman said:
@MysteriousFawx said:

You know that Orks are also extremely psionic, but are too stupid to understand that they are. Guns that shouldn't work do because they think it should, red litterly makes things go faster, the more orks that like one ork, the bigger he gets because he thinks he does, and lastly, there is a human named Yarrik who is invincible because the orks think he is. They are a very fun race to play indeed. However I am a Dark Eldar player. And I know for a fact that the orks scream in pain just like every other race. And if I am not drinking their souls, then I will send them to fight to the death in a grand arena against my wyches.
So would that mean that a Space Marine wearing red armor would move faster?  Did I just give the Space Marines their path to victory?
If every Ork believed that then maybe. I get the feeling that the colours only work with orks because they probably feel special and entitled. I doubt they think that other races are deserving of the speed qualities of their redness.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.