Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 18, 2008

An MMORPG based on the Games Workshop franchise developed by Mythic Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts. Some of the features were brutal RvR battles (Realm vs Realm) and siege warfare. Warhammer Online was shut down December 18th, 2013.

Anyone get stuttering?

Trilvester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Trilvester

I'm pretty sure its not my specs but I always get stuttering in warhammer and it annoys the crap outta me.   The game doesn't even look that great yet it runs worse than wow.   My FPS is between 20-60 and when big battles go on it drops to 20 and that is hardly playable.  Will this be fixed in time with a patch or will I need to upgrade my PC?  I thought for sure I could run it maxed out no problem.  
    Specs:

Processor:
    Q6600 @ 3.00GHz
    Memory:
    CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800
    Video Card:
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
    Monitor:
    ACER 22"
    Sound Card:
    SB X-Fi Audio XtremeMusic
    Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Motherboard:
    GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By jimbo_n

I actually had really crappy framerate aswell until I turned off the Lighting options. Lightmap and Specular I think they´re called. Suddenly the game flows at steady framerate no matter what. Other video options dosent even seem to do anything at all compared to those 2 Lighting boxes. Let me also add that my system is even better than yours. Uncheking the Lighting options makes the environments slightly less immersive, especially indoors but I can live with that. Im not playing the game for a superb visual experience anyway. This game wins on its artstyle, not raw technical power.

Trilvester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Trilvester

I tried to disable the lighting options but when I click the icon it doesn't do anything.  It just stays checked.  Must be a bug.

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jimbo_n

Ah yea, its a bug. You have to manually select the "Low" overall settings for everything. I dont think theyre called low (more like "Highest framerate") but its an option that changes all the settings to the lowest. This will uncheck the boxes. Then you will have to crank up the things you want to crank up separetaly but leave the boxes unchecked.
    I also noticed that turning down the View distance just a bit made a big difference today.

Royale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Royale

Nice.  I will have to look into that lighting.  I have basically the same system as Jimbo and also see occasional stuttering... usually I think it's when the game is loading a new area, but I may be wrong.  I'll look into it tonight.  Also.. nice avatar.

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jimbo_n

Actually I take all that back. seems like no matter what I do my framerate just keep getting worse now. I looked it up and it seems the problems lies with the GF 8800 cards. Seems like we have to wait for a patch to solve the stuttering once and for all. No matter what I do with the video options Its unplayable in big RvR battles. I might have to take a break and wait for the to do something about this because from the looks of it theres nothing we can do on our own.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187

All of our rigs at work run Crysis just fine but have problems with Warhammer, so I don't think that it's necessarily your comp, man.  I think they just have some stuff to still get patched up and such.  Although, I will say, I do believe that in my review for WAR, I had mentioned something about big black spots of the ground with no texturing and such...and I think that was just the 9800Pro cards in some of the comps, as the ones with X1800 cards run the game without those issues popping up at all.  However, when you check the packaging, it specifically lists 9800 cards being supported...so that strikes me as odd.

Also, make sure you update your DX drivers, even if you are running DX9 still like we are.

As for the RvR lag...a lot of that just comes from the fact that they haven't implemented all the hot fixes needed to smooth it out.  Even then, there's very little you can do with that much information floating around.  Look at AB and AV matches in WoW.  They lag down still, and it's 3 years after.

It just launched, so I'm not personally expecting the game to be perfect.  Once it gets about a month or two in, you'll start seeing a ton of improvement, obviously.  I remember the DAoC launch, and it was buggy as hell.
    Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Kazona

Strange, I too have a 8800 card, but I have no stuttering issues, even with everything at the highest setting. I set alot of other things like anistropic filtering and antialiasing in the nvidia control panel though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.