Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 18, 2008

An MMORPG based on the Games Workshop franchise developed by Mythic Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts. Some of the features were brutal RvR battles (Realm vs Realm) and siege warfare. Warhammer Online was shut down December 18th, 2013.

Bring WAR To Your Mac

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Edited By jeff
    I can't help but imagine that the Mac version will look less savage and feature more John Hodgman. 
    I can't help but imagine that the Mac version will look less savage and feature more John Hodgman. 
    I've been meaning to give Warhammer Online another shot for a few months now, and I think I'm running out of excuses now that there's a Mac client available.

The Mac client just launched in beta form and is available as a download both for current players and as a trial for new players. It's expected to be out of beta this fall, when players using the Mac client will receive a couple of custom titles ("I'M AN ORDER" and "I'M A DESTRUCTION") and an in-game trophy called the iPomme.

Also, you should probably know that this client is only good for the game's North American players. A client for European players is said to be available "soon."

For more details on hardware specs and to download this thing, check out Mythic's download page for the client.
    jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By jeff
    I've been meaning to give Warhammer Online another shot for a few months now, and I think I'm running out of excuses now that there's a Mac client available.

The Mac client just launched in beta form and is available as a download both for current players and as a trial for new players. It's expected to be out of beta this fall, when players using the Mac client will receive a couple of custom titles ("I'M AN ORDER" and "I'M A DESTRUCTION") and an in-game trophy called the iPomme.

Also, you should probably know that this client is only good for the game's North American players. A client for European players is said to be available "soon."

For more details on hardware specs and to download this thing, check out Mythic's download page for the client.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Hamz

That is pretty good news to hear. I guess PC gaming is dying and being replaced by MAC gaming, right? :P

In all seriousness though it is good to see the game branching out and showing some life. For awhile there I did wonder if things were going a little downhill for WAR, apparently I am wrong.

Vision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Vision

Just like you i have been meaning to resub to WAR again.

I just need that one thing to push me off the edge. >.<

EmptyQuarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By EmptyQuarter

I was super excited about this until I got the part where it's just for North America. Someone tell Paul Barnett to show a little love to his fellow countrymen that own Macs.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Drebin_893

Carrie Gouskos is leading this project.

I wish her the best.
    InsanePotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By InsanePotato

Yeah maybe i'll load War up again this weekend, i haven't played it since launch and i'm sure they've added a ton since then. Be interested to see whats changed.

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#7  Edited By MeatSim

I just don't have it in me for another medieval fantasy MMO.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By KaosAngel

Does the game run on a 9400M?

stokerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By stokerd

Maybe will give this another try. Played it at release, but now to play on my Mac, hmmmm. 

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks

MAC!, what is it good for, WAR!

fallen_elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By fallen_elite

WAR lost a lot of subs. They are trying to expand the audience.

Avatar image for crazycrazydoctor
    CrazyCrazyDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CrazyCrazyDoctor

I played it about a month after launch and fell in love with the PvP stuff. I've sort of been keeping up with the updates, and they seem to have improved a ton of things wrong with the game. I've been thinking about giving it another try for a long time now. Maybe that time will come again soon?

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Scooper

I really enjoyed the demo for the first few days. Amzing fun to be had but it all watered out very quickly which is a shame because I feel it had great ideas.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

From what I hear War is on a slow decline, but maybe this will help out, they need to do what Age Of Conan did, wipe out a lot of there employee's and start over fresh, this sounds harsh but look what it did to Conan, thats a whole different game now.

RapidAmp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RapidAmp

That's strange because I'm in the UK and I'm patching it as I type :S ah well.

I had a blast playing it when I had my PC and can't wait for the full version!
    Revell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Revell

I really liked WAR when I played it, but it was dying when I was playing.

Plus the lag was painful in Warbands.
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By End_Boss

Whatever you do, don't play a Marauder. It's for your own protection.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Cerza

Hmmmm, hopefully this will help out WAR and give Blizz a little competition on the Mac platform. A large reason for why WOW dominates the Mac is that there's really nothing else for it compete against there.

Osphere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Osphere

Gotta check this out (or at least try to), considering how much I was hyped for this game leading up to its launch.

Avatar image for deactivated-6610658acf7f5
    deactivated-6610658acf7f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But Jeff, John Hodgman represents the PC, remember? So the Mac version of Warhammer Online would feature LESS John Hodgman and MORE Justin Long.

Sorry Mac users!
    killername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By killername

To get any fun out of the game you need to make sure you roll on one of the higher pop servers. If you roll on Dark Crag then you will till find the early game (tiers1-3)  to be populated and should get scenarios 24/7.

Quater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Quater

I've been trying to check out WAR for the last few days on my PC, but I just cannot get the game to work, at all. I made two different trial accounts and downloaded the client over and over, but it just doesn't work on my machine. I don't even get any error messages, and the tech support for the war-europe.com website is absolutely abysmal. Half the time, the website doesn't even work properly, and I don't have any other stability issues with my PC so I can only suppose that WAR doesn't have a big player base mainly due to technical issues (the forums are full of people wondering why the game doesn't work) and also the middling content that I've heard about. Guess I'll be getting that WoW sub after all then (also thinking about joining LotRO - the trial for that has been really good so far).

GozerTC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By GozerTC

I played it in Beta on my Windows side but I knew I wouldn't buy it because it was Windows only.  Loved the game, but now that it's Mac based I may have to get into it.  Especially since AION has been giving me troubles getting into the Beta. :p

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bigandtasty

Which title is superior: the goofy engrishness of "I'M AN ORDER" or the ridiculous belligerence of "I'M A DESTRUCTION"?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.