How to download

#1 Posted by TheGamerGeek (2497 posts) -

Well I picked this game up today and when I place it in my computer, the screen doesn't pop up to let me install it.Is there any place where I can just install it?

#2 Posted by TheGamerGeek (2497 posts) -

*Bump*

#3 Edited by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Go to my computer then click on the Warhammer online disk in your C Drive.

Start> my computer> click the warhammer pic.
#4 Posted by TheGamerGeek (2497 posts) -
Gizmo said:
"Go to my computer then click on the Warhammer online disk in your C Drive.
Start> my computer> click the warhammer pic.
"
All it says when I click CD Drive is, please insert a disk into the CD Drive
#5 Posted by Branthog (7340 posts) -

The game is probably on DVD. Do you have a DVD reader or is it CD only? Perhaps try inserting it on another computer to verify that the disk is readable.

#6 Posted by TheGamerGeek (2497 posts) -
Branthog said:
"The game is probably on DVD. Do you have a DVD reader or is it CD only? Perhaps try inserting it on another computer to verify that the disk is readable."
CD only.
#7 Posted by Branthog (7340 posts) -

That's likely your problem, then. I could be wrong, but I haven't seen Warhammer on CD available - only DVD. It'll say whatever it is on the box (PC-DVD most likely). You could pay another $50 to buy the game at a place like Direct2Drive and then download the 11 gigabytes and install the game, but since you already have the game, I'd spend $25 getting yourself a DVD drive instead of a second copy of Warhammer (though be sure to check that this is the actual problem, of course).

#8 Posted by Slunks (328 posts) -

Yep, get a DVD drive.

#9 Posted by TheGamerGeek (2497 posts) -
Branthog said:
"That's likely your problem, then. I could be wrong, but I haven't seen Warhammer on CD available - only DVD. It'll say whatever it is on the box (PC-DVD most likely). You could pay another $50 to buy the game at a place like Direct2Drive and then download the 11 gigabytes and install the game, but since you already have the game, I'd spend $25 getting yourself a DVD drive instead of a second copy of Warhammer (though be sure to check that this is the actual problem, of course)."
I just talked to EA and they said that was probably my problem, I'll go buy one tomorrow if I have enough time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.