Is it worth getting?

#1 Posted by SunBurntYeti (60 posts) -
#2 Posted by Kohe321 (3522 posts) -

Me and a bunch of my friends bought it and it is awesome. I mean really awesome. Some small buggs, but nothing that stops the fun.

#3 Posted by VampireDeluxe (12 posts) -

Im in the same boat as sunburntyeti, dunno whether to get the game or not. I might wait a bit for it to settle down, let some patches come out and for there to be a free trail online or something, and i think £25 is still a bit much for a game that i might only play for a month then have to renew.

#4 Posted by Knives (711 posts) -

Imagine leveling in WoW (1-60), with battlegrounds and world pvp objectives. Also, replace dungeons with public quests. That is what Warhammer has been like so far, and I'm having fun.

#5 Posted by pause422 (6172 posts) -

Basically it comes down to this- if you care more about getting EPIC LOOTS and just sitting in a city socializing and spamming the trade channel..stay with WoW. If you want some really for once fun crazy pvp from even the second you create a new character, that even lets you gain Xp and level and rank up from the very beginning..and fun public quests, go with Warhammer....my opinion being someone who only ever cared about pvp in these types of games, I completely think Warhammer blows WoW away...it will still get some nice polishing and stuff as time goes by since it just came out, but I really actually enjoy playing this..something I couldn't say about WoW.

#6 Posted by Xero (159 posts) -

Definitely!!! Tt's an awesome game if you like mmo.

#7 Posted by SunBurntYeti (60 posts) -

thanks for the replies, i'll probably get it on the weekend.

#8 Posted by GenericMetaphor (8 posts) -

I'm going to come across very harsh when it comest to WAR. But, the fact is, it's just nothing special. Sure it's a playable game that some people will find appealing for a month or two. I don't see it as even coming close to the power house WOW is. It's not the same quality.  THE MMORPG Genre right now is only relying on the addictive factor of gathering and repetitive tasks to build your character. It's getting old. Some people still get into it. I say something different needs to be done.

I'm never playing an MMORPG again untill they stop living in the past. WAR has nothing new to offer.

#9 Posted by MisterSpiffy (880 posts) -

Another free alternative is Dungeon Runners.  It's a pretty solid game, with some humour mixed in.  I'm guessing you've played WoW before, so this might feel a bit dumbed-down, but hey, it's free.

#10 Posted by Patchinko (841 posts) -
GenericMetaphor said:
"I'm going to come across very harsh when it comest to WAR. But, the fact is, it's just nothing special. Sure it's a playable game that some people will find appealing for a month or two. I don't see it as even coming close to the power house WOW is. It's not the same quality.  THE MMORPG Genre right now is only relying on the addictive factor of gathering and repetitive tasks to build your character. It's getting old. Some people still get into it. I say something different needs to be done.

I'm never playing an MMORPG again untill they stop living in the past. WAR has nothing new to offer."
MMORPGs being glorified progress quests with no ends isn't exactly an obscure fact.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.