Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 18, 2008

An MMORPG based on the Games Workshop franchise developed by Mythic Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts. Some of the features were brutal RvR battles (Realm vs Realm) and siege warfare. Warhammer Online was shut down December 18th, 2013.

Is there...?

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Scooper

Is there a class in WAR that is simerlar to the Rogue class in WoW?

When I played WoW I couldn't play any other class for very long, I just needed to be able to vanish.

Also I'm wondering if there's a class that can stealth, is it like WoW where people actualy have no idea you're there, or will it be like you're just abit see-through and people have a %40 less chance to hit you on first hit, because that would suck.

Thanks.

Lazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Lazar

your going to want to play most likly a Witch Hunter on the order side or a Witch Elf on the destruction side.

Vecta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vecta

When in stealth you constantly drain AP (action points) and the longer you stay in stealth the higher the chance people have of detecting you. Its mainly used to close ground between you and ranged classes. And yes there are 'ambush' abilities.

noisebleed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By noisebleed

god i hate those classes... fucking delete them from rpg's please. they attract the counter-strike crowds...

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Scooper

Thanks Vecta that's good information.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By JoelTGM

To answer the TC's question, yes there are stealth classes; the witch hunter (order) and witch elf (destruction) are stealth classes.  The witch hunter plays like a rogue in that it works off a similar combo point system which lead to finishers.  There are ambushes from stealth.  I don't know about the witch elf class though, they may have a similar mechanic and they might not.

noisebleed
    said:

"god i hate those classes... fucking delete them from rpg's please. they attract the counter-strike crowds..."
    What's wrong with stealth classes?  It's just one more fun gameplay mechanic.  Classes like the hammerer and choppa got cut because they didn't have an interesting mechanic, they were just pure melee dps which was boring; now classes like the marauder, white lion, or witch hunter have an interesting mechanic, marauder has mutations, white lion has a pet, and witch hunter of course has stealth.  This makes these melee dps classes play completely differently.
    ...and I have no idea what you mean by "they attract the counter-strike crowds..."
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Scooper

Awesome DOUBLESHOCK that's just what I wanted to hear, I loved the combo system in WoW, I found it just so much more involving then any other MMO's because in PvP for example (I only played on European servers so the latency didn't have any effect on the timing) I masterd the timing of my combos and thought it was so exhilerating having to form a brand new stratagy within the 5seconds I was stealthed because something I didn't expect happened, it's what kept me playing.

I'll wait a few months till the servers are stable, first-step-patches are issued and then I'll be able to watch videos or download a free trail if there is one and see if there is a class for me, I feel WoW set the bar for stealth/ninja/assasin classes and I don't think I can settle for anything less although I'm hoping I'll be happy with the ones in WAR.

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Patchinko
    DOUBLESHOCK said:
    "To answer the TC's question, yes there are stealth classes; the witch hunter (order) and witch elf (destruction) are stealth classes.  The witch hunter plays like a rogue in that it works off a similar combo point system which lead to finishers.  There are ambushes from stealth.  I don't know about the witch elf class though, they may have a similar mechanic and they might not.

noisebleed
    said:
    "god i hate those classes... fucking delete them from rpg's please. they attract the counter-strike crowds..."
    What's wrong with stealth classes?  It's just one more fun gameplay mechanic.  Classes like the hammerer and choppa got cut because they didn't have an interesting mechanic, they were just pure melee dps which was boring; now classes like the marauder, white lion, or witch hunter have an interesting mechanic, marauder has mutations, white lion has a pet, and witch hunter of course has stealth.  This makes these melee dps classes play completely differently.
    ...and I have no idea what you mean by "they attract the counter-strike crowds...""
    Eh, I had a 70 rogue in WoW and I do know exactly what he means by "they attract the counter-strike crowds". I remember we had a guy on that server named Quave who used to think he was badass because he'd be in stealth waiting to get an ambush kill on someone that another person had been in the process of killing, then he'd gloat on ventrillo like he did something incredible when the person was clearly going to kill the guy anyway, and did all the work. He actually wasn't that bad of a player, it was just his attitude. On that server, we started calling that kind of behavior "quaving" because of that guy.

That's the kind of guy he's talking about.

Anyway, rogue was a pretty fun class in WoW regardless, the game in general just suffered from having far too many DPS classes and compensating by making everything have stupidly high HP (oh, and the even worse solution--resilience).

Just hope that they don't let Squig Herders have a hunter's mark type ability, Mr. I-wanna-be-a-rogue. ;)
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Scooper
    Patchinko said:
    "DOUBLESHOCK said:
    "To answer the TC's question, yes there are stealth classes; the witch hunter (order) and witch elf (destruction) are stealth classes.  The witch hunter plays like a rogue in that it works off a similar combo point system which lead to finishers.  There are ambushes from stealth.  I don't know about the witch elf class though, they may have a similar mechanic and they might not.

noisebleed
    said:
    ...and I have no idea what you mean by "they attract the counter-strike crowds...""
    Eh, I had a 70 rogue in WoW and I do know exactly what he means by "they attract the counter-strike crowds". I remember we had a guy on that server named Quave who used to think he was badass because he'd be in stealth waiting to get an ambush kill on someone that another person had been in the process of killing, then he'd gloat on ventrillo like he did something incredible when the person was clearly going to kill the guy anyway, and did all the work. He actually wasn't that bad of a player, it was just his attitude. On that server, we started calling that kind of behavior "quaving" because of that guy.

That's the kind of guy he's talking about.

Anyway, rogue was a pretty fun class in WoW regardless, the game in general just suffered from having far too many DPS classes and compensating by making everything have stupidly high HP (oh, and the even worse solution--resilience).

Just hope that they don't let Squig Herders have a hunter's mark type ability, Mr. I-wanna-be-a-rogue. ;)"

I don't know what you're saying about people gloating about kills, I didn't really see any of that.

I guess that's a thing you guys get alot on American servers, I can imagian alot of high ego'd teens, the type of Americans I played with on Euro servers were far more mellow and said that they moved from U.S WoW because it was too needlessly competitive and lacked sportsmanship. It can be very frustrating when someone says "owend" or just "hahahaha u suck" when you make a mistake or are beaten, it's alot more fun for everyone if we're cool about winning or loosing a battle.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.