Is there a demo?

#1 Posted by banned8921 (1246 posts) -
  • I dont want to paly this game until i play a demo is there one.?
#2 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

Not yet. Usually MMOs wait till about 6 months in to start offering free time on their game.

#3 Posted by banned8921 (1246 posts) -

in six months another wow clone will be out anyway ima just pass.

#4 Posted by demonbear (1859 posts) -

First you'll never have an "demo" on an mmo but a Free Trial. And, like most mmos these days, This trial won't be available at launch or even in the next few weeks.

But by the look of your second post, you don't really look interested in it so just keep your money. There's plenty of kickass games coming out in the next few weeks.

#5 Posted by breton (1437 posts) -
demonbear said:
First you'll never have an "demo" on an mmo but a Free Trial. And, like most mmos these days, This trial won't be available at launch or even in the next few weeks.
Well, I was expecting an open beta.. that was actually open, not confined to people who had already paid for the game. *sigh*
#6 Posted by Jimbo_N (1197 posts) -

Expecting "demos" for MMORPGs is not really viable. You have to read up and watch enough material on the web to make an investment of both time and money. If youre not interested enough to suck in every piece of info thats already out there youre probably better off not making the investment and sticking to something mroe casual.
Ill say tho, WAR is the most proficent MMORPG to be released since WoW and I think this game can finally break the trend of the "Wow clones" and build a huge community of its own. Also keep in mind that Blizzard borrowed from Warhammer in the first place, not the other way around. Concerning lore and art of course, not gameplay.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.