Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 18, 2008

An MMORPG based on the Games Workshop franchise developed by Mythic Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts. Some of the features were brutal RvR battles (Realm vs Realm) and siege warfare. Warhammer Online was shut down December 18th, 2013.

one old class gets the axe...

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xxNBxx

Just incase you didn't know, 4 classes were held back just before beta. 
    The 4 classes were:

Black Guard  (dark elf tank)
    Empire Knight of the Blazing Sun (empire tank)
    Choppa (greenskin melee dps)
    Hammerer (dwarven melee dps)

So in an interview with Mark Jacobs, he said in addtion to Black Guard and the Empire Knight of the Blazing Sun coming back next month one other class that they held back will also sill be coming back, but the fourth will is getting replaced. 

I believe that the Hammerer is getting the axe (pun intented)  to make way for the class that every real Warhammer fan wanted and the one that was shown in the first video... 

SLAYER!!!

For me nothing says the Dwarven army like the Slayer

what do you guys think? Will it be the hammerer or the choppa that gets replaced?  What class would you like to see replace him?

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By demonbear

Im thinking the Choppa will be replaced because its really just the black orc with different skills, visually its exactly the same. They probably are looking for something visually more appealing and different.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By xxNBxx

Well taking the fact that all the classes in the Warhammer online  are translations of units in from the table top  the only other Orc s you chould use would be a Savage orc or a Orc Bully.   The Bully would be intresting support class.  They have other units to pick from but all the other units are Goblins and i would think they would want to have 2 orcs 2 goblins not 1 orc and 3 goblins.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

My bet is that it will definitely be Hammerer replaced with Slayer.  The reasoning is simple:  focus on dual wield melee DPS.  This keeps the two handers in possession of the tanks, and melee DPS will do what it's SUPPOSE to do.

demonbear said:
    "Im thinking the Choppa will be replaced because its really just the black orc with different skills, visually its exactly the same. They probably are looking for something visually more appealing and different."
    Choppas are melee DPS only.  Black Orcs are meant for burst dmg and tanking.  Very different, sir.

xxNBxx said:
    "

Well taking the fact that all the classes in the Warhammer online  are translations of units in from the table top  the only other Orc s you chould use would be a Savage orc or a Orc Bully.   The Bully would be intresting support class.  They have other units to pick from but all the other units are Goblins and i would think they would want to have 2 orcs 2 goblins not 1 orc and 3 goblins.

"
    I doubt they would do anything like that until an expansion pack or something, as right now, there are using the same four archetypes for each race:  healer, ranged DPS, tank, and melee DPS.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.