Order or Destruction and why?

#1 Posted by Royale (158 posts) -

One of the best features of WAR in my opinion is the way the PVP is such as huge part of the game.  Unlike other MMOs that I have recently taken part in, you actually know why you are fighting.  From the second you login into your rank 1 character you are thrown through a variety of quests and PVP objectives that define the conflict that exists between Order and Destruction.

So the question is... when the game comes out, which side will your main character be on... Order or Destruction?

During the open beta, I've played a bit of both sides and am leaning towards Destruction.  For some reason I like the feel of the evil quest lines, and back story.  Plus I don't like the character models of the Order races as much... :)

#2 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

Destruction.  I like both sides, but I want to play a Marauder as my main.  I'll probably have an engineer alt or something.

#3 Posted by Royale (158 posts) -

I played the marauder up to around rank 6.  I wanted to try out as many classes as I could in the open beta so I only played up to rank six on the classes that appealed to me.  How awesome does the marauder get later in the game?  I liked him a lot.  The mutations were awesome!

#4 Posted by Zirilius (716 posts) -

Both for me. My guild from WoW is gonna be playing destruction and I have some IRL friends who will be playing order.

#5 Posted by SILENCERuk (8 posts) -

i am going to go with Chaos Chosen as my main like the idea of being a masive damage sponge for a change to my usual DPS class i play and well hve u seen teh chosen they look kick ass

#6 Posted by Royale (158 posts) -

I agree... character models in this game are amazing.  But if I had to choose a tanky class I would probably go with the Black Orc because they are so awesome looking.  I've played tank classes in other MMOs though so I might change it up as a main healer or something.

#7 Posted by Wuffi (246 posts) -

order to be different

#8 Posted by Southgrove (323 posts) -

Black Orc ofcourse! WAAAGH!!

#9 Posted by Royale (158 posts) -
Wuffi said:
"order to be different"

more like... order to be killed.
#10 Posted by Cerza (1653 posts) -

Destruction, because the bad guys get to have all the fun :-)            

#11 Edited by Jimbo_N (1197 posts) -

Im going with Empire Witch Hunter pretty much solely based on the Lore of the Witch Hunter which is waaay cool in my opinion. Also I want to do everything as differently from my WoW experience as possible. Under my 3+ years with WoW I mostly played Horde so. I also only played Male on every lvl 70 character and never on an RP server so now Im playing RP and female aswell.

#12 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

I'm going with a shaman mostly because I love to play healers and the greenskins are the only toons that don't have weird animations on the destruction side. I'd be tempted to go with a warrior/priest but I can't see the frontline cleric stuff doing well late in the game.

Having a blast though. It's essentially WoW's twin with better, more thought out quests and a more cumbersome UI. That said, it's really one of 3 MMOs I've played at launch that totally gripped me.

Weekend wasted for sure!

#13 Posted by Jimbo_N (1197 posts) -

Agreed Snide. Ive gotten used to being let down and going back to WoW by now but this one is actually keeping me going. and thats saying something.

#14 Edited by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

Well i like destruction much better. But thats my personal taste.

If ur talking about "better", Order wins alot in Scenario's, but Destruction has more city controll.

I just love the destruction characters, their so unique! Marauder or a Dwarf? Squid Herder or a Shadow Priest?
And the dark enviournment u noe

And Order guids are more zerg, Destruction are more experianced in my experiance

Pick the character you wanna have fun with ;D

#15 Posted by guiseppe (2842 posts) -

Destruction, because I used to play the "real" Warhammer with a Chaos army and I've always been fascinated by them. I will probably play as a magus as it will be a change from playing healing classes, which I've done in WoW and other games. So I keep the spellcasting, just use it in the opposite end of the spectrum.

#16 Posted by CyborgNinja (24 posts) -
Cerza said:
"Destruction, because the bad guys get to have all the fun :-)            "

Theres no real "good" side in Warhammer except maybe Dwarfs.

I got a WH to R16 but its been pretty boring the last 3 ranks (doesnt look like it will pick up tell 25 ish), so I made a dwarf engineer and I love it! even though I've hated Dwarfs in basically anything else that they've been in but in Warhammer they're just to cool.
#17 Posted by Royale (158 posts) -

I've settled on a Shaman.  (for now) I love the greenskins!  I also have a bright wizard, but I am loving the healer class.

#18 Posted by Destroyeron (356 posts) -

Order, Dwarf! Though I'll undoubtedly have an orc secondary char.

#19 Posted by Patchinko (841 posts) -
Cartman said:
"If ur talking about "better", Order wins alot in Scenario's, but Destruction has more city controll."
Really? On both servers I've been on, one I'm Order and one I'm Destruction, Order loses Scenarios everytime. Maybe it's just the lower levels, but there are about 10 witch elves and a number of Destruction healers in every Scenario while Order pretty much has no healers at all. I usually see Archmages standing there pew-pewing people instead of healing their team, and there are no Rune Priests or Warrior-Priests at all! (Well, the one Warrior-Priest I saw was actually bad-ass, but as soon as everyone realized it he got boned immediately everytime he showed up.)
#20 Posted by demonbear (1876 posts) -

Destruction, Zealots are soooo awesome :D

#21 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -
Patchinko said:
"Cartman said:
"If ur talking about "better", Order wins alot in Scenario's, but Destruction has more city controll."
Really? On both servers I've been on, one I'm Order and one I'm Destruction, Order loses Scenarios everytime. Maybe it's just the lower levels, but there are about 10 witch elves and a number of Destruction healers in every Scenario while Order pretty much has no healers at all. I usually see Archmages standing there pew-pewing people instead of healing their team, and there are no Rune Priests or Warrior-Priests at all! (Well, the one Warrior-Priest I saw was actually bad-ass, but as soon as everyone realized it he got boned immediately everytime he showed up.)"
Haha ouch.
Well my lvl 12 toon on Volkmar, Order wins about 70% of teh Scenario's

I guese its really the server u noe
#22 Posted by Patchinko (841 posts) -

Yeah, guess it also helps that there's a lot of Zealots and Shaman on my Destruction server. I'm still kinda deciding what class I want to level up, but Zealot is pretty hardcore.

For Order, gotta admit that I like the Shadow Warrior, and the Squig Herder is fun too.

#23 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -

Order for me, i love playing as an engineer.
Also i was horde on WoW, so i need a change.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.