Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 18, 2008

An MMORPG based on the Games Workshop franchise developed by Mythic Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts. Some of the features were brutal RvR battles (Realm vs Realm) and siege warfare. Warhammer Online was shut down December 18th, 2013.

RvR Scenerio XP/Renown Farming

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Branthog

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

As much as I don't want to bring up WoW, and haven't touched WAR it seems comparable to how BGs play out in Warcraft. Most people just stand idle in a cave doing nothing but farm points. WoW's solution was to implement a reporting system, and I believe you also lost Honor or some shit. I think WAR having a report system would be progress.

Edit: Unless you have one?

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By thebeast

Mythic are experimenting with a few ideas in 1.0.2 (due soon) which should help fix the problem:

In an ongoing effort to deter players from going AFK while in scenario starting areas, we have made the following changes:
    • First, players who join a scenario and remain in their realm's spawn area for two minutes will be automatically removed from that scenario.
    • Second, upon entering the spawn area of a scenario, players will receive a debuff that prevents them from earning renown and experience. This debuff will be removed when the player leaves the spawn area.
    Source - WarhammerOnline.com Herald
    OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By OGCartman

This has been discussed on the WAR Forums alot.....ALOT lol.
    I think their should be a couple minute idle time, if you dont heal / do damage in say, 3 minutes. You get kicked.
    Or something like that =P

I HATE people that do that, just stand their while we lose =(

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Branthog

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By demonbear

Still gotta admit they were pretty fast to try to stop AFKing. WoW took their sweet ass time back on the days to fix that very same issue. Took 2 weeks after launch for Mythic. Gotta admire that.

Royale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Royale

I haven't really noticed this problem myself...  maybe I just don't pay attention.  But maybe that's the reason why destruction on my server has been getting our asses handed to us in Morkain Temple lately.  Or maybe no one understands the mechanics of the scenarios... but that's another topic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.