Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 18, 2008

An MMORPG based on the Games Workshop franchise developed by Mythic Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts. Some of the features were brutal RvR battles (Realm vs Realm) and siege warfare. Warhammer Online was shut down December 18th, 2013.

RvR wait times are crazy?

Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By Davvyk

anyone else having problems getting a RvR scenario going? i click the icon and join the queue but never actaully seem to get into a scenario?

anyone else having this problem?

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By jimbo_n

Sometimes its instant, other times its completely impossible to get in. And the queue dies pretty early on in the night. After 1-2 AM its totally impossible to find even 1 game.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By coakroach

Try a different server
    Especially if you've rolled Destruction

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Branthog

Schizoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Schizoid

I still haven't gotten into a scenario just because it hardly ever pops up. I had the pop-up ONCE, but I was in the middle of a public quest so I had to decline. I should have gone order. :(

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Branthog

CyborgNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CyborgNinja

Ah the joys of being order XD

Never really had to wait more than 5 minutes unless its some whacky time like 2am-9am

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Patchinko

On both Order and Destruction, queues took me about 5-10 mins.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By demonbear

Im destruction and i had problems with queues on monday, but since then its really fast getting in. Wastelands is my server.

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Patchinko

I think, especially if you're at a higher level than more people, it's just a matter of time before the problem relieves itself. People past rank 20 are a vast minority still.

BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By BlindEffekt

When i first bought and played the game, the scenario queue was quick.
    I would get into a game within the first minute, but now I'm getting one every 10 or so..

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By OGCartman
    Davvyk said:
    "anyone else having problems getting a RvR scenario going? i click the icon and join the queue but never actaully seem to get into a scenario?

anyone else having this problem?"
    Well i know what you mean. At night (1am - 6am PST) it takes like 30 minutes to an hour to get in one.
    But during the morning / afternoon its quick and easy
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Branthog

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Feanor

it seems like you guys should have taken population balance into consideration before rolling on a server.  I get instant ques all day until about 5am, then it takes about 3 min or so.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Branthog

Schizoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Schizoid

A new patch came out today that allows you queue for all of the available scenarios at once, so you should be able to get into one faster now.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By jakob187

In the past 2-3 days, I have rarely NOT gotten into a match, so they definitely seem to be making some improvements.

However...I'm not sure how I feel about that Combustion move or whatever it is that Bright Wizards have.  I'm just generally not a big fan of one person nuking my entire screen with spell animation...

...oh, and the fact that he single-handedly wipes out my entire team with it by spamming it over and over.  *ANGER*
    Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

#18  Edited By Davvyk

Yeah since starting this thread i want to go on record and say that in the past week the wait times have improved bigtime. Been enjoying non scenario PvP too defended a keep last night which was awsome

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By Kazona

I haven't really had any issues with the queues for the scenarios, unless I try on times when there's usually a low population. I've had a considerably harder time with the PQ, but I think that's in large part because I solo 95% of the time. Maybe I should try joining some parties sometime and see how that goes.

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jimbo_n

Over the last couple of days the wait times have drasticly become worse for me. From waiting 10-20 minutes before to not getting in at all for entire hour long sessions of play now. And Im Order on Alarielle. So I think we can stop saying that Order or Destruction / server X or server Y is worse. Being able to queue for all the instances for your Tier dosent help either, havent had any of the other ones pop up even once.
    This is sad. This together with the serious framerate stuttering has made WAR more of a "wait for now, play next year" kind of thing.

Antaeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Antaeus

wow my server must be the best thing ever, no matter what time I'm on I can find an RvR scenario match in seconds at times when its really late or really early in the morning it might take a few minutes but I always get in, also during peek times the whole world comes alive pretty well, greatest MMORPG I have played in a while when that happens otherwise its just great to have fun in there.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jakob187

Okay, given that:

A.  they updated so you can queue into any RvR from anywhere in the world
    and
    B.  you can queue for ALL the RvRs at once

...my question is:  how the hell are you not getting into RvR matches?!?!?!
    jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jimbo_n

exacly my point. Im queuing for Tier 3 by the way, Tier 1 and 2 seems much faster. And even tho you can queue for all scenarious in your Tier its only Talabec Dam that ever pops up, if anything.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jakob187

We usually have TA pop on our server more than everything else, but I'm sure it has nothing to do with the excessive amount of Ironbreakers and Swordmasters wanting in on some knockback-to-lava action.  Pisses me off.

With Tier 3, yeah, it can take a while sometimes, but it's also barely after launch, and not everyone excel at MMOs as well as we do (read: have no life like us).
    Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Patchinko

I've been queuing for all of the tier 2 ones the last couple days and only really get one or two. I don't believe I've played Stonetroll Crossing a single time. So yeah, it may be that people just aren't queuing for the one you're queuing for.

And I will say that the poor Order is in bad shape on my server. Far, far too many Witch Hunters, which are simply not that great without a healer to back them up. Too many damage classes and not enough healing on Order on my server. Meanwhile at least half the people on every Destruction team are healers.

Also, for PQs, definitely seek for an open party while you're doing it. Often people will show up if they see you have an open party. Also, you would do yourself a favor by checking periodically for people doing a PQ in a group at your chapter and joining them for the Inf if not for the rewards.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jakob187
    Patchinko said:
    "I've been queuing for all of the tier 2 ones the last couple days and only really get one or two. I don't believe I've played Stonetroll Crossing a single time. So yeah, it may be that people just aren't queuing for the one you're queuing for.

And I will say that the poor Order is in bad shape on my server. Far, far too many Witch Hunters, which are simply not that great without a healer to back them up. Too many damage classes and not enough healing on Order on my server. Meanwhile at least half the people on every Destruction team are healers.

Also, for PQs, definitely seek for an open party while you're doing it. Often people will show up if they see you have an open party. Also, you would do yourself a favor by checking periodically for people doing a PQ in a group at your chapter and joining them for the Inf if not for the rewards.

"
    Joining a guild greatly increases your ability to get PQs done...so I've found.
    See, the Order on our server are the EXACT OPPOSITE!  It's nothing but tanks, healers, and bright wizards.  Destro is all Greenskins and Witch Elves.  It's so lame.

One other thing you can do, as this happened to my friend:  apparently, when Warhammer just came out, they hadn't posted in the server info page at the start some of the servers that were Oceanic.  He ended up finding out he was on an Oceanic one and wouldn't get shit done, so he had to start over.  Totally sucked.  So make sure you aren't on a Oceanic server.
    Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Patchinko
    jakob187 said:
    "Patchinko said:
    "I've been queuing for all of the tier 2 ones the last couple days and only really get one or two. I don't believe I've played Stonetroll Crossing a single time. So yeah, it may be that people just aren't queuing for the one you're queuing for.

"
    Joining a guild greatly increases your ability to get PQs done...so I've found.
    See, the Order on our server are the EXACT OPPOSITE!  It's nothing but tanks, healers, and bright wizards.  Destro is all Greenskins and Witch Elves.  It's so lame.

One other thing you can do, as this happened to my friend:  apparently, when Warhammer just came out, they hadn't posted in the server info page at the start some of the servers that were Oceanic.  He ended up finding out he was on an Oceanic one and wouldn't get shit done, so he had to start over.  Totally sucked.  So make sure you aren't on a Oceanic server.
    "
    Yes, my Zealot is in a nice guild now and they PQ and RVR quite a bit, which adds a lot of fun.

And it's funny you mention that about your server. On my Order alt's server, all I saw in the tier 1 scenarios were Witch Elves and Sorceresses. Meanwhile Order was all Shadow Warriors, Swordmasters and Archmages (who unfortunately never seemed to heal). That was an absolute nightmare at tier 1. But then again, the game had just come out, so maybe it's better there now. I don't think I'll be playing on a RVR server (which it is) though, at this point. I never thought I'd see more griefers than I did in WoW on a PVP server, but there are a TON!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.