Should I buy this game? and is it as addictive as WoW?

#1 Posted by VampireDeluxe (12 posts) -

Caught between buying and not buying, as i suppose a lot of people are. My WoW account recently ran out and im thinking of giving WAR a go. Is it as good as WoW?

Any coments by people who have the game would be great, Plus and minus points would also be helpful.
#2 Posted by SSbabel (1141 posts) -

It is pure crack, get ready for death.

#3 Posted by Zer0_graves (37 posts) -

why would you play something so damn addicting that it is starting to be more addicting than crack?

get it and prepare yourself.

#4 Posted by KindGalaxy (429 posts) -

Nah, I'm not feeling it to be as addictive as WoW, meaning I won't be playing it 3-4 years from now, it is great fun though; new quest grinding and monster grinding makes for a visual and location-based change, in the end it's doing the same thing as WoW; just different quests and locations, it is a great change of pace though, auto-queue for RvR (battlegrounds), do world RvR for fun, do public quests for fun, do your solo shit inbetween those. It is not as good as WoW imo, and I'll be cancelling my WAR account once Wrath is released for WoW, but these games are pure crack for me, I'll sink my teeth into something new until WoW provides me with something new. It's like the Indigo Blue and True Taste Red cocaine on offer about 3 minutes walk from my house, do I want something short and sweet or something long and hardening, gimme the red and make it a double; that'd be WoW.

#5 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Watch this video, it will show you what MMO to plunder on with.

#6 Posted by Knives (706 posts) -

It's not as good as WoW, but it will last you awhile.

#7 Posted by License_To_Bill (792 posts) -
Gizmo said:
"Watch this video, it will show you what MMO to plunder on with.

"
Um, it's a parody of a parody. My brain just melted.
#8 Posted by Alex_V (614 posts) -

It's not going to be as good as WOW is it - it hasn't had years to evolve for a start.

I'm installing it now.

#9 Posted by Eisen (129 posts) -

I just played it for about an hour and it's not bad.  I'm going to give a few more classes a try before settling for one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.