So I tried the Endless Trial...

#1 Edited by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

and Warhammer Online seems pretty awesome from the first Tier of play. It does enough differently from WoW to keep things fresh and exciting, and the RVR is just awesome so far.
However, I have heard many rumours of layoffs from within Mythic, and even complete game shutdown by the end of 2010. With Cataclsym and SWTOR coming out soon, do you think investing in WAR at this point is a bad idea?

#2 Posted by Thegerman (105 posts) -

you could just wait for the WAR 40k mmo... 
I love age of reckoning too  played it for a month or something... was good times 

#3 Posted by Alexisfire (9 posts) -
@Gizmo said:

" and Warhammer Online seems pretty awesome from the first Tier of play. It does enough differently from WoW to keep things fresh and exciting, and the RVR is just awesome so far. However, I have heard many rumours of layoffs from within Mythic, and even complete game shutdown by the end of 2010. With Cataclsym and SWTOR coming out soon, do you think investing in WAR at this point is a bad idea? "

For the end of 2010 Mythic will to put out 3 little expansion and currently the servers are overpopulated, so, i really don't think they are going to close a game that's getting better and better every patch :)    
#4 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

If you put asside the "accrued value" of an MMO.  If you are enjoying playing Warhammer, play it.  Since it's an MMO, just cancel it when it stops being fun or you switch games.  Since Cataclysm is coming out (posibly on 11/2) there is probably very little to be gained by playing WoW until then.  Even if Warhammer is going to die in 3 months, would you rather say "I had a blast playing it, I just wish I'd started earlier", or "I wish I'd played it, too bad it got shut down because not enough people played it". 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.