"Spam Me Not": New Mod Available For WAR!

#1 Edited by Branthog (7342 posts) -

From the Warhammer Online Herald - the following is pretty much what I had been wanting to see from them rather than the re-active "after they've already spammed me" solution:

Greetings!

In the continuing fight against enemies of the realms (AKA: Gold Sellers) a new tool has been brought to our attention.  The third party add-on “Spam Me Not” will “intelligently detect, block and reports commercial and annoying spam messages before you even see them, without relying on an extensive list of blacklisted domain names”.  

While this is not an “official” Mythic product nor is it supported or endorsed by Mythic, it can be a valuable resource in helping to make your online experience more enjoyable.

“Spam Me Not” v 0.2 BETA can be found here.

As always we encourage players to continue using the in-game tools provided to you to report potential violators.  Thanks for your continued support.

WAAAGH!

#2 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

Yah i heard about that, pretty cool! =P

#3 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

Cool thanks

#4 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

The guys at warhammer ain't gonna ban me for running this mod are they? (I know its a mod to point out people that should be banned, but this is a mod afterall and generally MMORPGs don't take too kindly to any modding.)

#5 Posted by Branthog (7342 posts) -

The message I posted above is *from* Warhammer. They are not related to this mod, but reccommend it, on their daily Warherald page. You'll see the note from them within the last four or five days.

#6 Posted by breton (1437 posts) -
StaticFalconar said:
"The guys at warhammer ain't gonna ban me for running this mod are they? (I know its a mod to point out people that should be banned, but this is a mod afterall and generally MMORPGs don't take too kindly to any modding.)"
Isn't it developed basically the same as all the WoW addons are? I remember reading quite a ways back that Warhammer would use the same language for their UI, and as such, be just as open to the addon community as WoW was. A UI addon is considerably different from say, a speed hack or a farm bot.
#7 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -
StaticFalconar said:
"The guys at warhammer ain't gonna ban me for running this mod are they? (I know its a mod to point out people that should be banned, but this is a mod afterall and generally MMORPGs don't take too kindly to any modding.)"
Doubt it.
#8 Posted by Driadon (2995 posts) -

The addon does not break the EULA in any way, shape or form. On top of that, it's an awesome one to have.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.