The class your least impressed with so far

#1 Posted by xxNBxx (970 posts) -

Have to say, although they look cool,  Chosen of Chaos is the least impressive class to me right now.  They seem a little to dumbed down compaired to the other Tanks.  

#2 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

Yah the ironbreaker is amazing.

Least? Magus.

#3 Posted by xxNBxx (970 posts) -
#4 Posted by Royale (157 posts) -

I think the flying disk is kind of lame.  If it's in the lore? ... great... if there is some kind of explanation? ... fine... but I think it's kind of cheesy.  I didn't like the witch hunter very much.  The whole gun and sword thing just doesn't do it for me.  Though the classes I have played I've only played up to around lvl 8.  I'm sure everything get's more awesome as you progress in the game.

#5 Posted by xxNBxx (970 posts) -
Royale said:
"I think the flying disk is kind of lame.  If it's in the lore? ... great... if there is some kind of explanation? ... fine... but I think it's kind of cheesy.  I didn't like the witch hunter very much.  The whole gun and sword thing just doesn't do it for me.  Though the classes I have played I've only played up to around lvl 8.  I'm sure everything get's more awesome as you progress in the game."
The disk is what makes a mage of Tzeentch a mage of Tzeentch.  I don't know if at later levels you get a power that lets the disk itself attack targets but thats part of the lore,  The disk is alive as well.  This might be the biggest strike against WAR, as far as i have seen there is no class specific quests.  And thats what hurts the lore of each class, which is sad cause each one of the classes have tons of lore to them. 
#6 Posted by makari (594 posts) -

chosen are more an off-tank than a main tank. the chosen's strength comes from being able to persistently debuff in an area and simultaneously buff an entire party with up to three auras running at any given time with correct timing and AP management. they're also useful for guarding (the skill 'guard' of course) squishies, you can never have enough guard buffs :P

ive been least impressed with the squig hunter, i just wasn't feeling it from them. i heard they get better later on, but eh.

#7 Posted by Jimbo_N (1197 posts) -

Ive only played 2 classes but judging from the, by now, countless people Ive met in RvR I gotta say that Squig Herder and/or Marauder seems kinda weak and/or boring. Playing Witch Hunter as retail main and loving every second of it so far.

#8 Posted by xxNBxx (970 posts) -

makari said:

"chosen are more an off-tank than a main tank. the chosen's strength comes from being able to persistently debuff in an area and simultaneously buff an entire party with up to three auras running at any given time with correct timing and AP management. they're also useful for guarding (the skill 'guard' of course) squishies, you can never have enough guard buffs :P

ive been least impressed with the squig hunter, i just wasn't feeling it from them. i heard they get better later on, but eh."

Even if they are an off-tank they still are not nearly as intresting to play as any of the other tanking classes. 

About the squig herder. He is kind of blah,  he doesn't have any cool gimic that most of the other classes have.  I think they should have added a metter similar to the bright mage where the more you beat on the squig the bigger and stronger he gets but the greater the chance of the squig to attack the Goblin.  That would not only put the lore of warhammer into the game but will add deepth to the class as well.

#9 Posted by Royale (157 posts) -
xxNBxx said:
"Royale said:
"I think the flying disk is kind of lame.  If it's in the lore? ... great... if there is some kind of explanation? ... fine... but I think it's kind of cheesy.  I didn't like the witch hunter very much.  The whole gun and sword thing just doesn't do it for me.  Though the classes I have played I've only played up to around lvl 8.  I'm sure everything get's more awesome as you progress in the game."
The disk is what makes a mage of Tzeentch a mage of Tzeentch.  I don't know if at later levels you get a power that lets the disk itself attack targets but thats part of the lore,  The disk is alive as well.  This might be the biggest strike against WAR, as far as i have seen there is no class specific quests.  And thats what hurts the lore of each class, which is sad cause each one of the classes have tons of lore to them. "
Awesome.  That's what I wanted to know.  As a person barely getting into the WAR lore, I don't understand some things.  I would love to learn some WAR lore.  Any suggestions on where to start?
#10 Edited by xxNBxx (970 posts) -
Royale said:
"Awesome.  That's what I wanted to know.  As a person barely getting into the WAR lore, I don't understand some things.  I would love to learn some WAR lore.  Any suggestions on where to start?"
Although there are novels about the warhammer world most of the lore i have learnd has come from the table top rule books, each army had their own book and each book has a good amount of lore in them.   To get just a small idea of how much lore there is in Warhammer check out the wikipedia pages.   You can't get a a lot info at the Gamesworkshops main site as well, you just have to do a little searching.  http://uk.games-workshop.com/warhammer/   always go to the UK page thats where you get the good stuff.  For greenskins check out http://thegreenskin.com/greenskin-lore/
#11 Edited by pyromaniac (1703 posts) -

what the heck..I thought we were talking about classes in school.I was gone say that my Engineering Linear algebra and analytical calculus for three dimensional objects using differential equations and integrations... a.k.a Calc-III

#12 Posted by nasie (126 posts) -

Magus seems really weird, they haven't done a lot of good in my eyes.

#13 Posted by jakob187 (21645 posts) -

I've got a Rank 11 Marauder.  Class is super fun to play, far better than I was expecting.  So far, the ones I've heard a lot of people complain about being pretty crappy classes are Magus and Disciple of Khaine.  Most of the doods I know that are playing Chosen have enjoyed it so far.

I know that Rune Priests the ever-loving shit out of me and need to DIAF!  Witch Hunters, btw, will rape Zealots.

Going back to the Marauder comments, I think they are pretty weak early on, as most of the moves are based around trying to debuff like crazy.  Therefore, it takes some time to figure out your combos.  At this point now, though...I just Corrupt, Rend, Flail, Rend, CS, Rend, Flail, Corrupt.  I love that Rend stacks three times, and early on in the game, that damage is so nice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.