Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 18, 2008

An MMORPG based on the Games Workshop franchise developed by Mythic Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts. Some of the features were brutal RvR battles (Realm vs Realm) and siege warfare. Warhammer Online was shut down December 18th, 2013.

Warhammer Online.. is it worth it?

Avatar image for gladiator_games
    Gladiator_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gladiator_Games

I've been looking for a new MMO since WoW got mighty boring for me, and I keep coming back and looking at Warhammer Online. I've been a huge warhammer buff for about 10 years now, and I love the depth of the lore, and the game looks very lore steeped (lots of reading!). But is it worth the monthly fee? I get the RvR setup, but what kind of PvE does the game offer? Its it mostly basically PvP? Or is there a story element to it as well?

WAAAAAAAGH!

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Marz

the pve is nothing spectacular, the public quests were cool back at launch but now that there is not many people playing the game, those public quest will be kind of barren.   as for end game, there wasn't a really good end game pve content when i was playing the game.  They added stuff later on but again, most of the pve stuff was to get better gear for pvp.   I don't know what the game looks like now, it's been about a year since i touched it.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.