Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 18, 2008

An MMORPG based on the Games Workshop franchise developed by Mythic Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts. Some of the features were brutal RvR battles (Realm vs Realm) and siege warfare. Warhammer Online was shut down December 18th, 2013.

Warhammer Online is really good.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By TomA

I played Warhammer Online at PAX for about 20 minutes,what i played,i really liked,the characters look alot better than WoW and it's more interactive than WoW aswell,also it does a way better job of telling a story than WoW does.I highly recomend this game to anyone who likes MMORG's.The only reason it's not a WoW killer is because people don't want it to be.It's very very good,i suggest to any of you out there playing WoW,that you at least give it a try,i think you will be pleasantly surprised.

logson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By logson

I don't doubt it. I would be getting it at launch if I didn't have to boot my macbook into windows to play it.

ashwakh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ashwakh

i think you have to logson^^

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By xruntime

I heard nothing but praise for Age of Conan that it was the "wow killer" after it was released. Now everyone hates it.

I think its too early to call it.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By JoelTGM
    xruntime said:
    "I heard nothing but praise for Age of Conan that it was the "wow killer" after it was released. Now everyone hates it.

"
    From the people in the forums who never played it and were judging it off screenshots, yeah...
    It was a great game at first, but it lacked content and was full of bugs.  As for WAR, the NDA was lifted so all of us closed beta testers could talk, and I can say it's an awesome game, I love open field RvR.  People played Mythic's other MMORPG, Dark Age of Camelot (this game had massive RvR battles as well) for years and years.  They know what they're doing by now.  People have been playing the beta since the beginning and still enjoy it, even in beta it does not lack content and by now there are few bugs.

Oh, and by the way, I'm not saying it's going to be a "wow killer".  That game is too huge, it's so well known it's like google or youtube.  I just think WAR is a very good game even in beta, and unless they somehow screw it up before launch, it will do just fine.
    Wuffi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wuffi

trust me WAR owns AoC

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kohe321

WAR looks a lot more fun than the piece of fail that is AOC. I can't wait. I doubt it will be a wow killer, that term is so stupid anyways, but it will do fine. Again, I can't wait for it to release!

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Scooper

The only thing I took away from this thread was the word 'WoW'.

Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vlademir
    xruntime said:
    "I heard nothing but praise for Age of Conan that it was the "wow killer" after it was released. Now everyone hates it.

"
    Keep in mind, age of conan was already really unpolished and unbalanced in the beta. Warhammer has been considered "Extremely polished", for about 10 months.
    Royale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Royale

I'm looking forward to the open beta tomorrow.  I hope you guys are right about it kicking ass, because while I got my moneys worth from AoC, I really want to play an MMO for more than a couple months.

makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By makari

apart from some pretty annoying bugs with ranged mobs and the issue of out-of-the-way PQ's being totally ignored, WAR is pretty damn awesome.

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Feanor
    makari said:
    "apart from some pretty annoying bugs with ranged mobs and the issue of out-of-the-way PQ's being totally ignored, WAR is pretty damn awesome."
    I like the out of the way PQ's.  That way you can get 5 other guildies together and grind renown, and help gear your people up.
    Royale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Royale

I've leveled 3 classes up to level 6 (just playing around with classes) and aside from a few bugs, I've loved everything about the game.  My favorite thing about the game is the way the RVR feels.  Straight from the beginning, you are thrown into a huge conflict.  You actually know why you are fighting the other faction which makes the RVR so awesome!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.