Worth getting in to?

#1 Posted by Teh_Eel (296 posts) -

Hi, I recently played the trial for WAR and quite enjoyed it. Could anyone that plays give me an idea if the game has worth while end game content and if the game still has an active community ( preferable from european servers).

Thanks

#2 Posted by Jimbo_N (1197 posts) -

I´m currently gettin back into WAR EU after like 6 or 7 months off it today. I´ll report back within a day or so on how the servers and the game loooks at the moment.

#3 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

I've not played WAR in a month due to lack of time but the last time I did the EU servers / community was hella active and as far as end game content goes I'd say there is a nice fair amount of it. I think they have or will be releasing the Land of the Dead expansion update (it's free btw) to the game as well so there is extra content for you in that respect now.

The only issue with endgame in WAR is the RvR areas are pretty laggy. All those players in small areas means it does get hella laggy at times.

#4 Posted by Jimbo_N (1197 posts) -

So they still havent fixed that huh? thats a real bummer.

#5 Posted by CoverlessTech (749 posts) -

I couldn't get into WAR personally. And with APB and SW:ToR  coming up I'm banking all my desire to play MMOs.

#6 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -

Read my recent blog and join me in Everquest 2, I'd love someone to play with ; )

#7 Posted by Jimbo_N (1197 posts) -

Alright. Reporting back from the EU servers. Some of them have merged and some servers offers free transfers but chose a server thats at least medium in population on both sides and you´ll get a good experience. This is no WoW in activity and playerbase mind you and the pop seems a bit lower than when the game was released but its still fun as hell to play.
As far as game content go Mythic are staying very true to the cause. They constantly update the game and new content are thrown in all the time.

#8 Posted by Teh_Eel (296 posts) -

Thank for all the feed back, I have brought the game and I am finding it fun so far. As someone mentioned the rvr can get pretty laggy at times, also I get stuck on scenery alot which is annoying.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.