1.50 Hits August 27th!

#1 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

Includes Trophies, Custom Music from the Home Menu, new paint schemes/insignias, and Tutorial Missions.

Trophies include stuff like hosting a game for 4 hours, having a Perfect Deathmatch (1st place, no deaths) and shooting down a Warhawk with a Tank.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

#2 Posted by Standing_Gopher (129 posts) -

Cool. Glad to hear trophies are well on their way.

#3 Posted by Adam579 (26 posts) -

You didnt talk about jetpacks their in the game

#4 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
Adam579 said:
"You didnt talk about jetpacks their in the game"
And a new map!

Clickity
#5 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2106 posts) -

I actually just started playing about 2 weeks ago before any of this was announced.

#6 Posted by 100 (526 posts) -

Do you have to host a special type of game, or does anything do?
For example do i have to host a ranked deathmatch with more than 8 players?
And, do we have to host for 4 hours in a row, or can i host 2 games and then 2 games later?

#7 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

That is what I am wondering for all these trophies. Do they have to be ranked, or custom? If ranked, can they be player ranked, or official server ranked? Hopefully they will clarify soon.

#8 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

I highly doubt it'll be in ranked.

#9 Posted by Clean (2356 posts) -

I never played the game. It is worth a price of 30 bones

#10 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
Clean said:
"I never played the game. It is worth a price of 30 bones"
This is worth way more than 30 bucks IMO.
#11 Posted by Homer (1372 posts) -
Adam579 said:

JETPAX!?!

OMG
#12 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
Homer said:
"Adam579 said:

JETPAX!?!

OMG"
Sentry said:
"And a new map!

Clickity"
#13 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

IT'S AUGUST 27TH. NO TROPHIES YET?

To be fair the game is down until 5PM in the UK here -- so that makes it like 12PM (depending where you are) when it will come back up right? Reckon the update will come with it then?

#14 Posted by lord_canti (1512 posts) -

i dont think some how that it will come out to day seeing as i  was given the message on starting it today that online survices will be down from 11 to 15 bst  =(

#15 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
the_chojin99 said:
" i dont think some how that it will come out to day seeing as i  was given the message on starting it today that online survices will be down from 11 to 15 bst  =("
Was it 3PM it comes back up then?

The game might be down while they implement the new update though?
#16 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/08/27/warhawk-1-50-patch-out-now-in-europe/

Out in Europe now.

#17 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -
get2sammyb said:
"http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/08/27/warhawk-1-50-patch-out-now-in-europe/

Out in Europe now."
Beat me to it.
#18 Posted by lord_canti (1512 posts) -

beet me too lmao

but yea i think itl be up at 3  enough time to get all the trophies for training lol

#19 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

Looks like it's time for me to rent Warhawk.

#20 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
suneku said:
"Looks like it's time for me to rent Warhawk."
Haha -- I wouldn't recommend renting Warhawk if you're thinking of spending a weekend on it getting trophies or whatever. This is a game that DEMANDS time.
#21 Posted by Packfan104L4 (210 posts) -
suneku said:
"Looks like it's time for me to rent Warhawk."
Took me 9 hours to get the FIRST rank trophy, lol.
#22 Posted by pause422 (6188 posts) -

Is it this Thursday also that the new booster pack comes out? operation fallen star or w/e with the jetpacks? o ris that next week? I can't remember..if its this week though , between that and this nice update, damn.. thats a lot of nice additions.

#23 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
pause422 said:
"Is it this Thursday also that the new booster pack comes out? operation fallen star or w/e with the jetpacks? o ris that next week? I can't remember..if its this week though , between that and this nice update, damn.. thats a lot of nice additions."
Yeah one thing that's most impressed me about Warhawk is the way the dev's really have supported the community. Like the Burnout guys and even the Halo dudes I think that's totally awesome -- I'm totally all for games becoming more of a "platform" that gets constantly updated with little booster packs.

I believe the new booster comes out today but there has been a glitch over here where people have been buying the bundle of the two previous booster packs and receiving the new one too.
#24 Posted by FLStyle (4707 posts) -

I got my first trophies by downloading this update, 12 bronze! wooooo!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.