Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhawk

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 28, 2007

Based on the original PlayStation game of the same name, Warhawk for the PlayStation 3 opts for team-based multiplayer action on the ground and in the air instead of single-player flight combat.

PS Blog: Warhawk 1.5 Patch Details [Examination]

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
    deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Here is the PS Blog post Dylan Jobe just made about the 1.5 Patch in WH.

+ Posted by Dylan Jobe // Game Director, Warhawk

In our ever-changing world, a world where Brett Favre is now a Jet, things can happen very quickly! So it should be expected that another FREE Warhawk Update be released with equal quickness!

OMG…he’s a Jet…I still can’t get over it but, whatever.

We just released our v1.4 Update a month ago and we’re ready to upgrade our players to the latest version–Warhawk v1.5 which is tentatively scheduled for release on August 27th. We’re currently in the final phase of global Sony certification testing and all is looking good so far!

“Tell us Dylan…What’s in the latest Update???”

Custom In-Game Music

This feature was asked for by a bazillion players! Now players can use the XMB music player to play their own custom music. Warhawk will also detect if you are using the XMB player and automatically disable the in-game Warhawk music. Convenience for the win!

XMB Trophies

I have talked about this several times before so this is by no means new-news…especially with the recent leak of our full trophy list – gotta love the internets. BTW, the team and I are really flattered that someone would risk their job to leak confidential info about our game — Makes us feel good in a weird kinda way.

Anyhoo….

There are 56 trophies included in the Warhawk v1.5 Update. These also include trophies for the booster packs, some of the trophies are, or rather *were*, hidden and some are retroactive based on your server-side stats. Here are just a few of the trophies that are included.

Training Tutorials

As more and more people join the Warhawk community, we are seeing an even greater difference between skill-levels than ever before. New Warhawk players had to go online in order to learn the game and, invariably, they would encounter enemy players that were, shall we say, not too kind to newbies This made it really hard for players to learn the ropes, get familiar with the controls, weapons, etc.

So…The new v1.5 Update includes 4 very simple tutorials that can be played off-line. Each one focuses on the core principals of each of the 3 modes of gameplay: Infantry, Ground Vehicles and Aircraft. Now these tutorials are very, very simple and It wouldn’t surprise me if some of our more hardcore players find them way too pedestrian. But we’re looking to help the *new* player, a player that may not be that familiar with Warhawk or the shooter genre. These tutorials are an invaluable help to a newbie!!!

After completing each of the 3 core tutorials a trophy is unlocked – a nice incentive for new players and, well…all you avid Warhawk players can think of them as “easy-money”.

The forth training tutorial, “Flight Practice” is intended to be replayed over and over again, and help players get familiar with the most rewarding, and most challenging of the 3 gameplay modes: Piloting Aircraft!

In this one, you are tasked with destroying as many attack drones as possible in 3 minutes. These simple, hovering turrets fire swarm missiles at you as you practice flying and “scrubbing” missiles. This tutorial is a huge help for new players by giving them a safe, offline way to practice their piloting skills.

Now I know that there are many players out there that often engage in 1v1 dogfights for fun and bragging rights. And while these tutorials are way, way below your skill-level, you may find it fun to do “speed-runs” and compare kill counts.

Retract Clan Invites

Another feature that players, or more specifically, clan-leaders have asked for, is the ability to retract a clan invite that they have sent to a player. For whatever reason, that player maybe never responded to the invite, was being a…a…what’s a blog-safe term that I won’t get in trouble for using??? How about “tool”, yes I’ll use the term tool. So if a player is being a tool and just camping on your invite…you can pull it back. This is important to clan admins because there is a fixed number of clan invites (64) that an admin can have pending at any one time.

New Paint Schemes & Insignias

Awhile ago you all may recall that we held a competition in the USA where players could submit their own Warhawk and Nemesis paint schemes. We selected the 20 best ones and integrated them with the v1.3 update. Well, we held another competition but this time for our players in Europe. We got some great submissions for paint schemes and insignias, and we’re glad to show you all the winners! All of these, the 20 new paint schemes and 50 new insignias are included in the v1.5 update and of course they are free as are all of our updates.

GGL Ceremonial Blades

The GGL recently held a Warhawk tournament and you probably saw the post from our Sr. Producer at SCEA, Harvard Bonin. Below is an image of the new GGL-Ceremonial Knife that participants in the GGL tournament will receive automatically when the v1.5 update is released. You don’t have to do anything to enable it…the global Warhawk server knows if you were in the tournament and will auto-grant you the award.

For you members ARMED^ASSASSIN’s, the next time you player after the v1.5 update is released, your infantry combat blade will be replaced by the Champion’s Blade (seen below) and you’ll be the only players on the planet with this item!

What’s more fun than a Trophy that you can beat someone with? – I submit…NOTHING

“Rookie” Server Color-Coding

We also have added an attractive green color to all official “rookie” server names in the server list. Players that are eligible to play on rookie servers will find these servers sorted to the top of the list automagically for easy selection.

To recap the color coding, Blue servers are official Sony hosted servers, Yellow servers are games launched from HOME, and Green servers are reserved for “rookies”.

We have also fixed the exploit that allowed some players to host unlimited flag capture games, get underneath and into the battlefield and act like….like tools. We also fixed the issue with Quick Join that required you to have stats previously posted in order for it to work properly, and a few other items…ohh yeah, and the 1-minute farming of the Winning Team Ribbon has been fixed. Oh…and one more thing, we are going to be rolling-out version checking on the EULA and announcements so if you have already seen them and they haven’t changed, Warhawk will automatically bypass those screens for you.

Some of you may have read some rumors about our next Booster Pack…I can neither confirm nor deny anything…at least for right now Keep your eyes peeled for an update here on the blog and the media coverage at Leipzig which is right around the corner!!!

Last hint…and this is an easy one:

With one of these equipped, a soldier can escape quickly…even bail out if needed!

As always – Rock on!

-dylan

So lets examine first of all. If you see the trophy icons, each trophy will have it's own icon now, unlike Uncharted, SSHD, and Eden. Also, the trophy type is shown by the coloring of the rim and the shape of it. The bronze are a plain circle with bronze colored rim, silver have a more detailed design to the circle, with a silver lining, and then the gold trophy, which there is only one pictured, has a badge shape with gold colored rim.

You'll also notice the symbol to the upper left of the trophy icon, these identify that the trophy is from a booster pack. As we all know each booster pack in WH recieves its own symbol. The first (on the left) is from the Operation: Omega Dawn booster pack, which came with a new map and drop ships. The second, in the middle, is from booster pack Operation: Broken Mirror, which included a new map and APCs. The icon on the far right (of the gold trophy) is from the new booster pack, which presumably is called Operation: Fallen Star, but who knows. This means that trophy is from the new booster pack. So lets look at the trophy... its gold, for one. It has a picture of a bug being splattered. SO, one can come to the conclusion that this trophy is the "That Was Some Bug" trophy which requires you to “Kill an enemy who is flying a jetpack by hitting him with any vehicle or aircraft.”...

So this trophy is from the new booster pack, since it has a different booster pack icon to the upper left of it. And since the trophy is one that involves jetpacks, we can assume that the new booster pack will come with Jetpacks, and a new map called 'Tau Crater'. So like the past two booster packs, some kind of vehicle and map is included.

I think there are about 4 trophies for each booster pack as well, but these trophies are not required to recieve a platinum trophy. And we will see this booster pack demoed to us at Liepzig, which will take place around the 20th-24th, with the 1.5 patch coming on the 27th, so perfect timing I suppose.

And look at his last hint; "With one of these equipped, a soldier can escape quickly…even bail out if needed!"

OBVIOUSLY he is talking about jetpacks. From this we can assume they will allow players to boost, or fly/glide, as well as bail out of his WH is needed. Awesome!

So around the the 21st-24th we will see everyhing, and then come the 27th we will get the 1.5 patch, which comes with tutorial missions, in-game music, trophies, new paint schemes/insignias, as well as a new booster pack, which will come with a new map and jetpacks.

Hell yes! I can't wait, this has to be the best patch for WH yet. :D
    Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

Cool if only i had my old ps3 :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "Cool if only i had my old ps3 :("
    What do you mean?
    Elsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Elsa

Yes... and on further examination of this section of his blog:

The GGL recently held a Warhawk tournament and you probably saw the post from our Sr. Producer at SCEA, Harvard Bonin. Below is an image of the new GGL-Ceremonial Knife that participants in the GGL tournament will receive automatically when the v1.5 update is released. You don’t have to do anything to enable it…the global Warhawk server knows if you were in the tournament and will auto-grant you the award.

... they once again neglect to say that only 'PARTICIPANTS WHO RESIDE IN THE U.S." will get the ceremonial blade.  All other people who participated in the month long ladder portion of the tournament were then declared "illegal" once their team made the bracket phase and were disqualified from playing in the final phase of the tournament.  Many Canadians like myself did in fact "participate", yet no, we will not get the ceremonial blade.

... I really like how Sony continually states "everybody" who participates will get the ceremonial blade,... or that the movie download service will be available to "everybody" tonight.... apparently "everybody" to Sony is "American".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see you posted this on the blog too. Didn't they state this BEFORE the tournament anyways? If so, I don't see the big deal. Although it sucks, yeah, but hey, what can you do...

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AaronBelfast

Wow cant wait

Thanks again, Sentry!

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By shadows_kill
    Sentry said:
    "Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "Cool if only i had my old ps3 :("
    What do you mean?"
    im guessing he sold it with warhawk
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By LiquidPrince

No how many of them can you actually get? Platinum is going to be really hard to get in this game O_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AaronBelfast said:
    "Wow cant wait

Thanks again, Sentry!"
    Thanks!

And guys, for EACH booster pack there will be FOUR trophies. 3 silver trophies and one gold, with one of the silver trophies being hidden/secret.

Operation: Omega Dawn Trophies

(Silver) King of the Jungle Gym (Secret/Hidden)
    Retrieve the Proximity Mines from the top of the dome on the Omega Factory Rumble Dome layout.

(silver) Flying Fortress
    Awarded to the driver and all six passengers of a fully-loaded Dropship.

(silver) Giant Killer
    Shoot down an enemy Dropship while using a Warhawk.

(gold) Surgical Strike
    Shoot down a Dropship with a Binoculars strike.

Operation: Broken Mirror Trophies

(silver) Canyon Run (Secret/Hidden)
    Using a Warhawk, shoot down an enemy Warhawk in the central gorge in Vaporfield Glacier.

(silver) Behind Enemy Lines
    Drive an APC into the enemy's home base, then have at least one teammate spawn into that APC.

(silver) Shield Breaker
    Break an enemy E-POD shield using the Lightning Shell.

(gold) Porcupine
    Destroy an enemy Warhawk with the APC's E-POD shield.

Operation: Fallen Star Trophies (new booster pack)

(silver) Safety Violation (Secret/Hidden)
    Kill a distant enemy from on top of the salvage crane in Tau Crater.

(silver) Aerial Ballet
    While flying a jetpack, kill an enemy (who is also flying a jetpack) with any weapon other than the Rocket Launcher.

(silver) Are You Aim-Botting?
    Snipe an enemy who is flying a jetpack.

(gold) That Was Some Bug
    Kill an enemy who is flying a jetpack by hitting him with any vehicle or aircraft.

But you don't NEED these trophies in order to get a platinum trophy.
    Meresin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Meresin

I might pick this game up. The lack of tutorial was really holding me back...Trying to learn how to play a game while fighting people that have been playing it for months =/= fun. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meresin said:
    "I might pick this game up. The lack of tutorial was really holding me back...Trying to learn how to play a game while fighting people that have been playing it for months =/= fun. :P"
    Yeah, you definitely should, especially with the booster packs. And you just have to practice a lot in WH to actually get GOOD, once you get good it's hella fun.
    Avatar image for imayellowfellow
    imayellowfellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By imayellowfellow

this is rad i never really got into warhawk but with this update i definitely expect myself poppin in that blu ray and getting some trophies

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.