What do you think Wario's role in the Mario Universe is

#1 Posted by rockenhard (117 posts) -

Other than to be another antagonist, (Which he hasn't been or at least not the main vilian in more than a decade.) I would assume he'd only appear in spin offs and ocasionaly rare games, what do you think, since he has no franchise I suppose he has no point but to appear in sport games.

#2 Posted by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -

fart jokes

#3 Posted by rockenhard (117 posts) -

Hah ha not that funny.

#4 Posted by Feser (543 posts) -

Loud fart jokes.
#5 Posted by PenguinDoctor (293 posts) -

What's with all the really random question threads today?  In other news, Wario's role is to be not Mario, like he's been doing for the past 17 years or so.

#6 Posted by Dalai (6882 posts) -

He's just gonna be the minigame/platforming alternative forever I suppose.

#7 Posted by rockenhard (117 posts) -

What can't I ask questions every once and a while.

#8 Posted by clarke0 (1077 posts) -

He has two franchises. Wario Land which has 4 installments, and Warioware which has at least 5 games.

#9 Edited by DrFidget (215 posts) -
#10 Posted by rockenhard (117 posts) -

Yet he started out in the Mario series.

#11 Posted by Hailinel (22741 posts) -
@clarke0 said:
" He has two franchises. Wario Land which has 4 installments, and Warioware which has at least 5 games. "
And he also had his own console platformers in Wario World on the GameCube and Wario Land:  Shake It! on the Wii.  Dude's really gotten around despite starting off as what amounted to an evil Mario doppleganger.

I'll confess, though, to having the desire to see the WarioWare cast in a game that isn't a microgame collection.
#12 Posted by JJOR64 (18790 posts) -

The best thing to come out of that fat dude is Wario Land 3.  God, that was such a great game.

#13 Posted by Landon (4115 posts) -

Get rich as fast as possible, then be lazy for days at a time.

#14 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1521 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" @clarke0 said:
" He has two franchises. Wario Land which has 4 installments, and Warioware which has at least 5 games. "
And he also had his own console platformers in Wario World on the GameCube and Wario Land:  Shake It! on the Wii.  Dude's really gotten around despite starting off as what amounted to an evil Mario doppleganger.  I'll confess, though, to having the desire to see the WarioWare cast in a game that isn't a microgame collection. "
Hmmm, what about a WarioWare RPG? They could somehow work the microgame thing into the battles. Man, this is a great idea.
#15 Posted by HistoryInRust (6222 posts) -
@rockenhard said:
" Yet he started out in the Mario series. "
Where a character starts is irrelevant after a point. Mario started in the Donkey Kong franchise, for instance. You wouldn't call him the protagonist of the Donkey Kong series, though. Would you? I think not.

Wario is his own brand, separate from Mario. Less successful, probably, but also less ubiquitous.
#16 Posted by emkeighcameron (1876 posts) -

He rides a motorcycle and then throws that motorcycle at you.

#17 Posted by rockenhard (117 posts) -

Uh huh I see.

#18 Posted by Knucklesthegreat (69 posts) -
@emkeighcameron said:
"He rides a motorcycle and then throws that motorcycle at you. "

This. 
Besides That... He's Awesome...in A Funny Way., :) he even has A Superhero Form... (*cough*Warioman*cough*) seriously.
#19 Edited by awadnin (275 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.