Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WarioWare D.I.Y.

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 28, 2010

WarioWare D.I.Y. is a Nintendo DS game that gives players all the tools they need to create their own microgames, comics and music tracks from scratch and share them with other players.

Boss Template

havelava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By havelava

For those who didn't know, someone hacked the game and released a boss template (a game that only ends when the user tells it to).  You download it as you would any other game, but when you open it in the editor, it doesn't have a time limit.  If anybody wants it, just tell me and I'll send it to them, my friend code is in the other thread.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Emilio

Ooooh, that sounds amazing. You could really start shipping out your own little micro games for real.

takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By takua108
    @havelava said:

" For those who didn't know, someone hacked the game and released a boss template (a game that only ends when the user tells it to).  You download it as you would any other game, but when you open it in the editor, it doesn't have a time limit.  If anybody wants it, just tell me and I'll send it to them, my friend code is in the other thread. "

Oooh, I'd like this :D 
    So how do you edit it, though, to make your own stuff? Can't you only view the game using the MakerMatic or import assets?    
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Emilio

Yeah, I'd like more info on this. Especially if there is any chance of it corrupting your game.

havelava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By havelava
    @Emilio said:
    " Ooooh, that sounds amazing. You could really start shipping out your own little micro games for real. "

@takua108 said:
    Oooh, I'd like this :D So how do you edit it, though, to make your own stuff? Can't you only view the game using the MakerMatic or import assets?     "

It's just like any other custom game, you just import it, if you go into the Game Makermatic  you can import any D.I.Y. games, or games that are built into the cartridge.  You just import the template, and then you make the game based off of it.   There's no chance of it corrupting you're game, like I said, it's just like importing any other game.  You can research it more if you like.
    takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By takua108
    @havelava said:
    " @Emilio said:
    " Ooooh, that sounds amazing. You could really start shipping out your own little micro games for real. "

@takua108 said:
    Oooh, I'd like this :D So how do you edit it, though, to make your own stuff? Can't you only view the game using the MakerMatic or import assets?     "
     It's just like any other custom game, you just import it, if you go into the Game Makermatic  you can import any D.I.Y. games, or games that are built into the cartridge.  You just import the template, and then you make the game based off of it.   There's no chance of it corrupting you're game, like I said, it's just like importing any other game.  You can research it more if you like. "
    I'd like to see it! I added you, so now you need to add me, or, if you already have, just go online.
    havelava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By havelava
    @takua108 said:

" @havelava said:

" @Emilio said:

@takua108 said:
     It's just like any other custom game, you just import it, if you go into the Game Makermatic  you can import any D.I.Y. games, or games that are built into the cartridge.  You just import the template, and then you make the game based off of it.   There's no chance of it corrupting you're game, like I said, it's just like importing any other game.  You can research it more if you like. "
    I'd like to see it! I added you, so now you need to add me, or, if you already have, just go online. "
    I got on, but it didn't add you, ill try again in a few minutes.

Edit:  Never mind, it worked
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Hailinel

Oh, Christ.  This is the same sort of thing that ultimately led to the created stage sharing feature in Smash Bros. Brawl being taken offline.  As soon as the service is flooded with hacked microgames that cause DIY to crash and burn, you can kiss this feature good-bye.

havelava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By havelava
    @Hailinel said:
    " Oh, Christ.  This is the same sort of thing that ultimately led to the created stage sharing feature in Smash Bros. Brawl being taken offline.  As soon as the service is flooded with hacked microgames that cause DIY to crash and burn, you can kiss this feature good-bye. "
    I think it's a bit less likely, in that you're still limited to the same amount of resources, just, your microgames don't have any set time limit.  It more removes the whole "micro" part of the "microgame creator" idea behind Warioware
    takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By takua108

(First of all, thanks, I finally got it :3) 
    It's also a feature that they have built into the game for internal games to use, but they don't want it open to the users because they could create unfinishable games (no win/loss conditions, that just go on forever... like the boss template). But it's definitely going to be cool to play around with.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Emilio
    @havelava:  
    Hey! Can you send it to me too? My info is on the FC thread.
    havelava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By havelava
    @Emilio: I've added you and updated.  Tell me if you can download it, otherwise I'll try again.
    takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By takua108

Protip, guys: edit your copy of the boss template to have some sort of win function and delete the old one, or else you'll do what I just did and get a high score on "D.I.Y. Mix: Shuffle," but then ruin it by hitting the Boss Template and having to restart :(

Ratheronfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Ratheronfire

Can you add my code?  My name in the game is "Ratheron." and my code is 0947-5027-7624.

ninjaxajnin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ninjaxajnin

havelava could you send ur friend code and ill send u mine so i can get the boss template?

goofy1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By goofy1221
    @havelava: hey bro im really intersted of getting that boss template i have some great ideas for that heres my fc:  2236-1706-5416 my name: Jerry plz write back and add ur fc n name
    Robfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I added you as well. Please allow me access to your warehouse.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.