5_ld_5's WarioWare: Smooth Moves (Wii) review

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves Review (Wii)

This game is extremely short. While it lasts it's no fun and is just a frustrating mess.

I have been a huge fan of this series from the beginning. A very unique series that seems to get better and more interesting as it progresses. The GBA game was alright. It was the first of its kind so the developers had not worked out all the kinks to this weird but interesting style of gameplay. The Gamecube version came along at it was pretty much the same thing. The game was ok but had big potential. Then they brought it out on the DS. An interesting game on an interesting machine, it seemed to be a big hit. It was. With the use of the stylus it was bringing out the best of the series. Maybe this is what the series was missing in the first place. The consoles just were not right for this particular type of game. Shortly after Wario Ware: Twisted came out on the Game Boy Advance. The GBA was a great console nonetheless but it didn't have what the DS had. Again we were playing the game with buttons and not with the stylus. But that was not the case. The second Wario Ware game to hit the GBA did not have us using the buttons but it had us twisting and turning our Game Boys. An amazing function that worked extremely well. This is what the series needed, a unique way of playing the games. So when Wario Ware hit the Wii it had to be great, right?

I was very excited for this game. After the Gamespot review scoring better than any of the others I thought it was going to be something special. I was unfortunately wrong. After I was able to finally find the game I was ready to see if this was going to be as good as I expected to be. I started Wario Ware: Smooth Moves and played through the first level. It was boring and no fun. The entire game was pretty much like this. After playing each level I became more and more disappointed. About an hour and a half later I had beaten the game. I was stuck on this one dance mini game that I could not beat for the life of me. After trying and trying I had gotten extremely frustrated. The reason I was frustrated was because it wasn't that I was bad at the game it was because the remote was not responsive. If I would move the remote left it would move right on the screen and this happened a lot. It wasn't the fact that my remote wasn't working properly it was that this is how the game is. When you play or create a game you have to make sure that the controls work and for me it just didn't work.

I felt that once I was done with this game that was it. There was absolutely no replay value whatsoever which was disappointing because the others in the series had a great replay value. Playing this game with friends was just as bad. The ideas were decent but since the actual gameplay wasn't there it was very hard to get anywhere. This game just could have and should have been a lot more than what it was.

Why do I not like this game? It was short and while it lasted it was not fun at all. It just made me mad. I could go with "Broken", "Don't believe the hype", "Overrated", "Rip-off", "Too Short", "Total Letdown" or "Waste of time" because in the end this game is all of those. It was hard for me to decide which one to choose but I had to go with "total letdown" because that is what this game was most to me.

If you are looking for a quick, frustrating game to last you an hour than go ahead and get this game. If not please just skip this game altogether.
Posted by newtruegunner

This is my favorite wii game and you reviewed it perfectly:D

Posted by 5_LD_5

haha really? If I reviewed it perfectly than why is this your favourite Wii game?:P

Posted by newtruegunner

because everything you said is true, but for some strange reason thats what i like about it:?

You're weird:P

Posted by newtruegunner

i just like the short simpleness of it

OK