Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warp

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Feb 15, 2012

Warp is a top-down sci-fi puzzle-based action stealth game in which you play as Zero, an alien lab experiment on the loose, which can teleport through walls and into unsuspecting guards and other objects.

Game is out! What are your impressions?

kickinthehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By kickinthehead

I played this all yesterday but gave up after spending forever on the last boss. Beat him in probably ten minutes this morning, typical.

Anyway I loved the game and would've gladly paid $15 for it, but being only $10 made it that much sweeter. The special powers are a lot of fun to use and I like the stealth and puzzle aspects to it. The top down perspective makes it reminiscent of classic Metal Gear Solid, and some of the puzzles are a little Portal-like in their execution. The game is structurally Metroid-like because more areas unlock as you gain new powers and give you access to more secret areas. Two types of collectibles, one of which is the in-game currency you use to upgrade your powers.

Some of the boss battles could be rather frustrating and I died A LOT but they fit nicely with the newly introduced mechanics. My first playthrough I was as pacifist as possible, which I'm glad that I did because now that I'm going through exploding everyone it's not as challenging (but exploding guys is a TON of fun).

My only criticisms are the occasional framerate issues and the challenge room unlocking ruins the pace of the game because you're forced to try each of them at least once when you discover/unlock them in game. Would've preferred the ability to save them for later.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'm really liking it so far. The tone and feel of it are awesome. My only problem is I'm feeling like it's not going to last nearly as long as I wish it would.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3
    deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

Fantastic little game. Keeps throwing new things at you at exactly the right pace, and not a lot of games are able to nail that down nowadays.

a55b0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By a55b0t

If you don't want to play the challenge rooms during the story, they will all be unlocked after you finish the game.

eezo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By eezo

i'm considering getting it when i get home from work! hope it's awesome =)

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By jacdg

Most of the game was alright, but the last 20% of it was incredibly frustrating to be quite honest, final level was horrible in every single way I could imagine, controls were unresponsive which only became a problem towards the end. Overall, I found it to be alright, but quite disappointing. Also, didn't even get 4 hours of playtime out of it, not good enough (imo).

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By BPRJCTX

I played the trial, and, i didn't like the controls.

It should be a lot more responsive and fluid, it just doesn't feel good to me.

And i also don't like the tone of the game, cute little guy with violent gory deaths, just doesn't do it for me.

It reminds me a lot of 'Splosion Man, lab experience trying to escape the lab, but 'Splosion Man does it in a funny cartoony way, it's the kind of game i can play with my little sister, and she enjoys watching and even playing it, even thourgh it gets way to hard for her, way too fast.

Anyway, American Nightmare should be great.

kickinthehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By kickinthehead

@a55b0t: Ah I didn't know that, I thought I had to unlock them during the game if I wanted to play them later. Already beat it now so later playthroughs I won't bother going into them.

I think the gory deaths are great, but have mixed feelings about how the cuteness works for and against the game. I think the contradiction of cute and gore is kind of awesome, but during the cutscenes Zero seems so cute and innocent that it's weird. Playing through trying to kill as few people as possible felt like the best interpretation of the character for me.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Still_I_Cry

Didn't like the demo and the warping at times felt delayed.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

I'm late , but I played about 3 hours and really like it . I'm about done and excited to go and finish it up . Also , I only paid $2.50 for it(steal)! I didn't buy it right away because of the mixed reactions . Get it . It's cheap .

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.