Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wasteland 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 19, 2014

Brian Fargo, Alan Pavlish, Mike Stackpole and others reunite for a sequel to their hit 1988, post-apocalyptic CRPG Wasteland. Wasteland 2 is fan-funded from a successful Kickstarter campaign.

Wasteland 2 - A first look (video)

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Funkydupe
    Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

Well then.

I don't like the progress bar on the lockpick skill, for some reason. It just bothers me that it fills up only to say failure, but if they take it out that breaks a little bit of the immersion. Then again, the big red/green bar doesn't help much. Whatever, that's a miniscule gripe for what will be a day-one purchase anyways.

edit: hopefully those hit rates are true values, because they hit, like, every single shot in that video. Hm. Also, that music is amazing.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Oldirtybearon

looks like Fallout in everything but name (yes I know Wasteland came first), and I'm not complaining about that. I'll grab it when it shows up on Steam.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#4  Edited By BeachThunder

Sold! Oh, wait, I've already bought it, yay :P

I would like a way to toggle all HUD on/off though; Hudlessness is next to godliness.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Baal_Sagoth

Looks very promising. The turn based combat seems to shape up pretty well and the skill system appears to give a fair amount of options. Now, if the dialoge turns out to be as diverse and interactive as it looks here I can't wait to check the game out. Atmosphere and setting should nail that post-apocalyptic feel nicely.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Looks fantastic, I'm really happy with what they've done so far, even if some if still looks a little rough around the edges.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nilazz

I can't wait to get my greasy little hands on it!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By fattony12000

Looking nifty so far, keep on pushing dope code guys n gals!

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Funkydupe
    butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By butano

Neat. Looks pretty impressive so far. I like the added text/hints when the party just walking around.

@SirOptimusPrime said:

Well then.

I don't like the progress bar on the lockpick skill, for some reason. It just bothers me that it fills up only to say failure, but if they take it out that breaks a little bit of the immersion. Then again, the big red/green bar doesn't help much. Whatever, that's a miniscule gripe for what will be a day-one purchase anyways.

edit: hopefully those hit rates are true values, because they hit, like, every single shot in that video. Hm. Also, that music is amazing.

I agree with the progress bar. Maybe change it to a clock that goes around without the colors would be better, or just paint the colors light brown and dark brown so that there isn't any confusion on "oh it's green, so I automatically get it right the first time."

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By ArtisanBreads

This looks awesome. TBS games! I love that kickstarter has been such a boost for the genre.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AssInAss

I pledged $100 but I've only played Fallout 1 and 2, and can't get a hold of Wasteland anywhere digitally or physically (I'm in the UK so no more game shops either). Is this a story sequel, or can new people jump in?

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Funkydupe

@AssInAss: You can try http://dosdose.com/game/436/wasteland/

It is Wasteland, the original game, in java and its free.

If you have problems controling the mouse, it can help to increase the mouse sensitivity.

It is much easier to play with the keyboard. Use the arrow keys, and press "P" for Party, "A" for attack, etc. Press "1" for character 1, etc.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AssInAss

@Funkydupe said:

@AssInAss: You can try http://dosdose.com/game/436/wasteland/

It is Wasteland, the original game, in java and its free.

If you have problems controling the mouse, it can help to increase the mouse sensitivity.

It is much easier to play with the keyboard. Use the arrow keys, and press "P" for Party, "A" for attack, etc. Press "1" for character 1, etc.

Thanks a lot! btw, apparently I heard backers get the first game too?

EDIT: Found it, Wasteland 2 contains the original game

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Funkydupe

@AssInAss: No problem and I didn't know about the original following the second game.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Funkydupe

Thought I'd link a follow-up update made not too long ago by inXile that explains the released gameplay video a bit more. Just in case someone is interested and missed the Kickstarter mail: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2/posts

I have to say that I like that you can discover, and trigger keywords during conversations that perhaps can start whole mission chains. The team you bring with you is really important, and can do a lot of things to vary your experience of an encounter. If you bring Ranger A with you, maybe you won't get anything out of the NPC. If you left Ranger A behind, but brought someone else along, you might be seen differently. The same happens for example if you are strapped to the teeth with weapons, as opposed to not looking so intimidating. :) I like these details and it'll be fun for a second playthrough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.