Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wasteland 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 19, 2014

Brian Fargo, Alan Pavlish, Mike Stackpole and others reunite for a sequel to their hit 1988, post-apocalyptic CRPG Wasteland. Wasteland 2 is fan-funded from a successful Kickstarter campaign.

Wasteland 2 Is Alive, Well, and Has a Screen Shot

• 69 results
    Jimbo7676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Jimbo7676

@Krelle said:

@Vodun said:

@Krelle said:

@EchoEcho said:

@Krelle said:

@Chumm said:

@jakob187 said:

as well as Obsidian being known for creating rather buggy games like Fallout: New Vegas, Alpha Protocol, Neverwinter Nights 2, and KOTOR II

4 of the best games ever released, but who's counting.

If by "best games ever released" you mean top 300 then yes.

I would rank New Vegas, NWN2, and KotOR2 well above 300, personally, but that's up to taste. Considering how many genuinely great games have been released in the last couple decades, even being in the top 300 at all would be a pretty big honor.

Yes indeed! For me, top 300 or so feels just about right for those titles. Alpha Protocol doesnt qualify obviously.

However, when Chumm writes "4 of the best games ever released" it sounds like top 10-20 and that's just not even close. Obsidian is a great developer but still has a little bit left to be among the very best.

Unless, you know, you like their games? Or that is impossible? Those people like the wrong things?

Its like Jeff use to say: "I can see why people would say Halo is the best game ever. But they're wrong."

One of my favorite games of all time is Xenogears. Still, Im not foolish enough to believe its one of the best games ever released.

There is no such thing as liking the wrong things, you know that. But for a game like Alpha Protocol there is just not support enough for such an argument. Kotor2? Bit closer, wouldnt raise an eyebrow if someone ranks that as their personal top 10.

Im just trolling guys. Couldnt care less really. Good talk.

I love Xenogears but you gotta admit that it takes a huge left turn at the second disc. Its like they had this awesome RPG that looked like it could be one of the greatest ever on the first disc and then ran out of time and money. That first disc though was amazing.

prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By prestonhedges

That's not top-down......

Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53  Edited By Dustpan

Looks great. A lot better than what I was expecting.

Bunny_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Bunny_Fire

@Krakn3Dfx said:

This looks just like the original!

Can't wait for my cloth map.

Actually no it does not look like the original .... it looks far far better the original was top down view and green.

wintermute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#55  Edited By wintermute

Wait, why does it have a mechanical scorpion? I thought I was backing a dating sim...

lol just kidding

hughesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By hughesman

@mr_shoeless said:

Wait, why does it have a mechanical scorpion? I thought I was backing a dating sim...

lol just kidding

What!? Dating sims can't have mechanical scorpions? Well of all the narrow minded things to say...

Mumrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Mumrik

I actually like the look they're going for here.

darkstorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By darkstorn

@iAmJohn said:

@Brodehouse said:

Oh no, Loveless is attacking the gas station! Someone call Jim West!

So glad I wasn't the only fucked up individual to look at this screenshot and think Wild Wild West.

Agreed. That movie didn't get the respect it deserved...and Kenneth Branaugh alone was godly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5945386c8a570
    deactivated-5945386c8a570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this looks promising. not turn based guy, but i did like valkyria chronicles, so..

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#60  Edited By Tordah

Looking good so far. I hope we get to see some gameplay footage soon.

Hass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By Hass

@BeachThunder said:

Needs more garish EGA graphics.

Choose your graphics:

[CGA]

[EGA]

[Tandy 3 Color]

@JDillinger said:

@jakob187: Obsidian is the greatest RPG maker still around. So your opinion is worthless.

They may even go into history as the RPG makers with the greatest unrealized potential.

Gordo789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Gordo789

Cool looking screenshot. I donated money to this game, so am excited to see it chugging along. The flag on top of the gas station seems a little enormous but whatevs.

Hurricrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By Hurricrane

That... is a large scorpion.

Krelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By Krelle

@Jimbo7676 said:

@Krelle said:

@Vodun said:

@Krelle said:

@EchoEcho said:

@Krelle said:

@Chumm said:

@jakob187 said:

as well as Obsidian being known for creating rather buggy games like Fallout: New Vegas, Alpha Protocol, Neverwinter Nights 2, and KOTOR II

4 of the best games ever released, but who's counting.

If by "best games ever released" you mean top 300 then yes.

I would rank New Vegas, NWN2, and KotOR2 well above 300, personally, but that's up to taste. Considering how many genuinely great games have been released in the last couple decades, even being in the top 300 at all would be a pretty big honor.

Yes indeed! For me, top 300 or so feels just about right for those titles. Alpha Protocol doesnt qualify obviously.

However, when Chumm writes "4 of the best games ever released" it sounds like top 10-20 and that's just not even close. Obsidian is a great developer but still has a little bit left to be among the very best.

Unless, you know, you like their games? Or that is impossible? Those people like the wrong things?

Its like Jeff use to say: "I can see why people would say Halo is the best game ever. But they're wrong."

One of my favorite games of all time is Xenogears. Still, Im not foolish enough to believe its one of the best games ever released.

There is no such thing as liking the wrong things, you know that. But for a game like Alpha Protocol there is just not support enough for such an argument. Kotor2? Bit closer, wouldnt raise an eyebrow if someone ranks that as their personal top 10.

I love Xenogears but you gotta admit that it takes a huge left turn at the second disc. Its like they had this awesome RPG that looked like it could be one of the greatest ever on the first disc and then ran out of time and money. That first disc though was amazing.

This will sound crazy but I really really enjoyed disc 2. Its like they left all the wonky platforming behind and said "fuck it, lets just tell the story", and then they did. "Playing" disc 2 is more like reading an interactive story but I loved every part of it. But as you say, the truth is probably that they did run out of money/time and had to cut corners.

Krelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#65  Edited By Krelle

@Chumm said:

@Krelle said:

You should REALLY play Alpha Protocol.

..Are you serious or just trying to waste my time?

Give me some more info about the key elements that make you like this game so much and I will hunt down/dl a copy and give it a try, honest. Thanks!

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By NathHaw

Backer here. I hope to see a screenshot soon that shows the combat is still first-person.

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By ectoplasma

@nrh79: You mean turnbased?

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#68  Edited By gaminghooligan

I can't wait!!!!!! Take my money dammit!

godliketoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By godliketoaster

I hope this is as fun as the original!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.