Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Watch Dogs

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released May 27, 2014

A third-person open-world game from Ubisoft, set in an alternate version of Chicago where the entire city is connected under a single network, and a vigilante named Aiden Pearce uses it to fight back against a conspiracy.

Does this game have co-op?

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Funkydupe

Its a simple question I haven't been able to answer, so I'm hoping someone here knows.

The game is about a group of hackers hunting criminals. Sounds fun to play cooperatively.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jimmyfenix

At some points in the game, the player will be given a task to watch a target, or retrieve an item but announced to them. For this task alone, their game will be merged with that of another player. From here, the two (or maybe more) participants will be either working cooperatively or competitively to complete the objectives, With one player stepping in to your game with something to do and then leave without you even knowing, adding to the sense that you are being watched. The players will not be able to distinguish NPCs and other players.

I found this hope it helps.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Darji

It will be more like the MP in Dark souls. Which means you can do some stuff with a partner while others can invade your game etc. But I do not know if you can chose your partner or not.

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I haven't heard of any true "co-op" modes other then invading someone else's world and trying to hack them. With the game being delayed for as long as they are suggesting now though, who knows what is going to change.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks guys.

@aviar Was any specific reason given for the delay? I'm guessing no.

I think the seamless multiplayer described above sounds like an interesting concept, most people are online now all the time, giving plenty of opportunity to invade each other's games: Why would I want to? I have no idea. What I do know is that I'd prefer a mode where the point is to actually partner up with or against other players -knowingly. Not knowing whether someone is in my game or not doesn't really qualify as a multiplayer experience for me as it stands. It'd be a real shame if the multiplayer was lackluster in this.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Iit will have multiplayer. One of the reasons for the delay on consoles is that the network infrastructures aren't up to snuff(DRM 180s etc.)

hanner74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

It will be more like the MP in Dark souls. Which means you can do some stuff with a partner while others can invade your game etc. But I do not know if you can chose your partner or not.

After watching the Unfinished video it appears that the Dark Souls style multiplayer we have been anticipating is not actually the final product. But more instanced challenges, similar to GTA Online.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pyrodactyl

@hanner74 said:
    @darji said:

After watching the Unfinished video it appears that the Dark Souls style multiplayer we have been anticipating is not actually the final product. But more instanced challenges, similar to GTA Online.

Go watch the trailer, there's totallly an invading mechanic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.