Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Watch Dogs

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released May 27, 2014

A third-person open-world game from Ubisoft, set in an alternate version of Chicago where the entire city is connected under a single network, and a vigilante named Aiden Pearce uses it to fight back against a conspiracy.

Hey, Watch Dogs Still Exists for Wii U

• 61 results
    kkotd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If this doesn't allow you to look at your TV and 'hack' it to change the channel, I'll be very disappointed. That said, I wonder if it'll include the tablet (2nd screen) game where you chased people around in a top down helicopter and tried to stop them from racing through the city. It would work perfectly on the gamepad. Also I wonder if the drinking game will be moved to touch based, because we all loved trying to do that activity with our analog sticks.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

So much for all the unique features Ubisoft promised for hacking via the WiiU gamepad. If Nintendo wasnt hurting for multiplatform releases they should just have blocked its release all together. Ubi want to be EA/Activision so bad, already got yearly iterations of games coming and a stupid Steam/origin variant. They better not ruin that next Assassins creed game...

spctre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By spctre

News like this make me want to buy a Wii U and get all the 3rd party software, if only because nobody else owns that stuff.

It feels so... exotic. Excentric, even. Like, "look at my collection of third-world soda cans" excentric.

PerfidiousSinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By PerfidiousSinn

Most people have played this when it was released months ago. Comes out the same month as new Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, and Smash Bros.

Probably won't sell great.

niflhe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

As has been previously stated, this is probably a token effort by Ubisoft months after the real release to justify no longer supporting the Wii U and blame it on low sales.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I don't understand this at all. It's a complete waste of time and money. I'm willing to bet that anyone who wanted to play Watch Dogs badly enough that didn't have a Microsoft/Sony platform went and bought one. There is maybe a 1,000 person audience who owns only a Wii U and is thinking, "Oh cool! I can finally play Watch Dogs!". And those people may not get it just because of the poor reception it got months ago. What is Ubisoft even doing these days? They've got so many games in the pipeline that could get attention, but this? Why not put more resources into the stuff people actually want that keeps getting delayed (looking at you Beyond Good and Evil 2) or something new for the Wii U? Man, Ubisoft has really fallen into the depths of poor consumer response in the last few years.

rkofan87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see much reason for people to buy this, unless the Wii U is their only platform..

The game wasn't all that great either.. too late maybe?

this.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Wampa1

@spctre: It's good to know I'm not the only person who has that totally absurd urge to buy a weird-o offshoot version of a game even if it likely runs the worst. It just feels like a total oddity.

StoutLager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fedora.

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Freki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

It's not that fun can't be had with Watch Dogs.. it's just so mediocre compared to it's rivals..

In lack of better I think it's good that it comes out on the WiiU for those who only have that console, but unless a person is dying for an open world game I wouldn't recommend buying it..

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#63  Edited By monkeyking1969

I wonder if Nintendo said, "Here...this is a bag of money. Just put out the damn game and say nothing, jut pretend it was your own idea."

I really see no reason for this being a game where Ubi makes any money. Its not like the Wii U is doing better or anything changed; so this has the scent of a payment being made or a deal being struck. But make no mistake - I APPROVE. Nintendo should be pumping cash into getting a few of these "no-go" projects back on the calendar.

Time to admit they have no pride and no charm, and that money has to be put on the dresser to get any action.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.