Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Watch Dogs

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released May 27, 2014

A third-person open-world game from Ubisoft, set in an alternate version of Chicago where the entire city is connected under a single network, and a vigilante named Aiden Pearce uses it to fight back against a conspiracy.

How will they close off the map?

• 63 results
    MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By MiniPato

So from watching the latest trailers and footage, there's apparently mountains and hills in Chicago, all of which are visible from the city. As a Chicagoan, this baffles me. But I guess that answers my question considering there are not pilot-able flying vehicles.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Maybe The Taste of Chicago takes place during Watch Dogs, cutting you off from the Lake Front. Not because of the crowds of people, but because you'll get stabbed and mugged for your tempura shrimp.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

GeoMod 2.0.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They just have an infinite loop a la the Matrix subway.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

"I still have work to do here"

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd love it if, at the edge, his hat flies off and he automatically runs back to grab it.

Alternatively, sharks always work. Just spawn a shark in the middle of the road. Or a literal watch dog that does that "I'm watching you" gesture with his paw. Not sure how that would stop you, but combine it with the hat and shark ideas, and you're golden.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
    Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@shagge said:

I'd love it if, at the edge, his hat flies off and he automatically runs back to grab it.

That is genius.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Hackers

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

giant horrific Dave Lang face at each cardinal point

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm fine with a "you can't go that way" message like in Oblivion and Skyrim. Invisible walls are not worse than the "LA is now an island" solution.

I agree. It's silly. It's one of the things that makes GTA feel like a cartoon wanting to be taken seriously.

Kierkegaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

Hey, this topic exists! What the hell! Why are there mountains and why is Chicago an island that lacks its Northside? I want Wrigleyville, damnit!

I think it's just that Chicago has not been represented very often, so I'm all exicted and then it looks like it's surrounded by the sierra nevada. There are so many better solutions than this....

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By MiniPato

Hey, this topic exists! What the hell! Why are there mountains and why is Chicago an island that lacks its Northside? I want Wrigleyville, damnit!

I think it's just that Chicago has not been represented very often, so I'm all exicted and then it looks like it's surrounded by the sierra nevada. There are so many better solutions than this....

The Northside has been flooded by global warming. And then they had to build a dam and wind turbines. And the continental plates shifted, causing mountain formations.

Not really. It seems like they just got the basic gist of downtown and determined that the rest of Chicago was too flat and boring to explore. I mean, I'd be fine with them just recreating downtown if they had more key landmarks. I expected the Art Institute to be there, but nope. None of the museums seem to be there. No field museum, planetarium, or aquarium. Museum of Science and Industry would have been a cool place to set a mission. It has tesla coils and mini tornado/wind vortex simulators! It would have been nice to see a Chinatown in their version of the south side as well.

I'm kinda disappointed, but it's still a fun and intricate city to explore, even if it is an inaccurate recreation.

Avatar image for exiledastronaut
    ExiledAstronaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minipato: Sucks to hear it's not exactly accurate :/ Still love the game though

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.