Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Watch Dogs

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released May 27, 2014

A third-person open-world game from Ubisoft, set in an alternate version of Chicago where the entire city is connected under a single network, and a vigilante named Aiden Pearce uses it to fight back against a conspiracy.

I can't believe the believers (when it comes to watchdogs)

2AngryRalph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm probably the most optimist person I know when it comes to video. I will give any game a chance, and I try my best not to judge a game on hear- say. With that said...I just can't jump on this Watchdogs train. I've seen demos and trailers and nothing about it says: YOU MUST PLAY ME NOW! When it got delayed people were acting like Ubisoft stole Christmas... I still don't even know what the game is? So can some one help me understand what all the hype is about?

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Modern day Assassin's Creed.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@nictel said:

Modern day Assassin's Creed.

That's what I pull away from it and I'm not really into Assassin's Creed so that does not do much for me.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By ProfessorEss

Watchdogs 2 is gonna be great.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, this is probably just me personally, but I loved AC3, I loved FC3, I loved AC4, I'm having a hard time seeing how I will not love another open-world game built on the same ideas from the same developers with a completely new setting.

2AngryRalph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm AC'd out.....

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Late title card is gonna say Assassins Creed: Watch_Dogs

Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
    SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SarcasticMudcrab

I don't let myself get hype since the burn of gta 4 but still this is my most anticipated game. It's mostly the way events seem to naturally unfold and the sheer scope of how you can effect such events, like some kind of on the fly dynamic quest creator. Meh I doubt it will turn out like that but the delay has given me hope that they are at least putting some love into it and haven't rushed it for the console release.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm probably the most optimist person I know when it comes to video. I will give any game a chance, and I try my best not to judge a game on hear- say. With that said...I just can't jump on this Watchdogs train. I've seen demos and trailers and nothing about it says: YOU MUST PLAY ME NOW! When it got delayed people were acting like Ubisoft stole Christmas... I still don't even know what the game is? So can some one help me understand what all the hype is about?

I think it's mostly about Personal Preference and it I don't think we've ever had a game that was based around hacking.I honestly can't wait until it comes out,as soon as I seen the gameplay as was like "wow" It seems like it's going to be one of those game's were your decisions and actions effect the world and people around you which is a very interesting element that we don't see often.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Justin258

I wasn't terribly interested in it but I understand why people are. It's something I'll probably play at some point.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By spraynardtatum

I think it looks fantastic and I think the subject matter couldn't have come at a better period in time. My biggest concern is that there isn't going to be enough stuff to do with the hacking mechanic. From the demos I've seen it could get stale really fast if there isn't more to Watch Dogs than meets the eye. Hopefully the delay rectified that.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

When it got delayed people were acting like Ubisoft stole Christmas...

That was mostly because it was originally planned to come out just after the new consoles launched. People were pissed because they'd have to wait, but also because that was many folks main reason for wanting an XOne/PS4. So in a way, they did fuck up Christmas.

I think it looks potentally great because it offers a twist on typical open world gameplay where you can use the city's environment and tech to evade police, etc., without necessarily having to resort to just shoot/stab dudes. Nothing revolutionary, but hopefully unique.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They did a pretty thorough couple of demos for the game back when it was on the marketing tour de fucking force. There's no reason a person should be saying "I have no idea what this game is" when there is a video tab with 13 examples of what it ison the same page you're typing that.

Aside from that, I think the game was blown up largely because it was the only interesting looking launch game of the entire lot. Now that it's been pushed back, it's effectively buried itself under all the games people are actually buying these systems for. The hype for the game has been non-existent since that decision was made. Hopefully it comes together as a great game, but I doubt it'll sell as well as they think it's going to.

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Budwyzer

This game would be more exciting if the main character had electricity powers. or smoke. Smoke powers sound cool.

EdgeKasey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New AAA stuff that isn't a sequel is always something to get excited about.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By Hunter5024

I'm finding it hard to be excited for this game. I think that's because they've said next to nothing about the story and everything they have said is boring. Also I'm totally not into the setting. It's just futuristic enough to explain away their cyber shenanigans but not futuristic enough to be all that crazy.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I don't get it, either. Maybe Chicago just looks amazing to people that don't live here.

Granted, it's a bad ass city.

Vladd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New IP, with a creative gameplay that was going to be a "launch title".

So, we compared Watch Dogs to other "launch titles".
    And in that comparison Watch Dogs was looking good.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
    alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am so interested, I can't even begin to explain how excited I am for this game's release.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@krullban said:

Late title card is gonna say Assassins Creed: Watch_Dogs

Oh if they had the balls to do that oh man oh man would that be just perfect.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.