Just wondering

#1 Posted by shamit001 (6 posts) -

Hey guys, sorry if this is a stupid question but it was bugging me haha...

The recent gameplay that was released for the PS4 had another player controlling the security cameras around the world. I just wanted to know , would other players always be there when you are playing? I mean wouldn't there be a way to just play by yourself without any one else in the game? What do you guys reckon? Thanks :)

#2 Edited by Savage (297 posts) -

There's no official description of just how the multiplayer will work, but both of the public demonstrations of the game have now focused either mostly or entirely on what looks like a pure singleplayer open world game, so I think it's safe to expect the game to have a familiar style of singleplayer story mode and then, separately, some kind of optional or different multiplayer mode.

#3 Posted by Jay_Ray (1009 posts) -

Well it would be stupid of Ubisoft to require the console version to be always online if the console it self doesn't require it like the PS4 or current gen systems which they said Watch_Dogs will be available for.

#4 Edited by MaFoLu (1854 posts) -

From what I understand it will work like Dark/Demon's Souls where as long as you're online other players can "invade" your game without you really knowing, but if you are online the game will still work the same just without the other people. Might also be an option to toggle the other people of without playing offline.

Don't really have any official information on this, though, so I'm pretty much just guessing here...

#5 Posted by Winternet (7936 posts) -

More importantly, is it really going to be Watch_Dogs? What is that underscore doing there? Jesus.

#6 Posted by shamit001 (6 posts) -

haha.. thanks guys. I mean as much as I love the idea of other players invading the game, I would love to try out how my own actions influence the world around me without anyone interrupting it haha

#7 Posted by buft (3298 posts) -

Hey guys, sorry if this is a stupid question but it was bugging me haha...

The recent gameplay that was released for the PS4 had another player controlling the security cameras around the world. I just wanted to know , would other players always be there when you are playing? I mean wouldn't there be a way to just play by yourself without any one else in the game? What do you guys reckon? Thanks :)

It made me think that the camera was hacked by the AI, as in this is the mission giver watching and we give him an appropriate looking hacker/ internet forum handle to make things cohesive, ive not heard anything of multiplayer so i just assumed this to be the case, definitely would be an interesting slant on multiplayer though having a dude drop in your game watching your actions and doling out missions or doing their best to wreck your day

#8 Posted by buft (3298 posts) -

More importantly, is it really going to be Watch_Dogs? What is that underscore doing there? Jesus.

oh shit, i never noticed that and its on the boxart too, no_way am i typing that every time

#10 Edited by TheHT (10287 posts) -

Seems like there'll be an always on multiplayer component. Judging from the E3 demo I'd have said it was co-op (the player is told to help Aiden, the main character) but this character looked to be monitoring the main character who then blocks the camera. Could still be co-op but Aiden doesn't want their help or something.

I'm sure there'll be a way to shut that all off and just play as Aiden.

#11 Edited by erikalui (21 posts) -

The multiplayer game has many questions which are left unanswered till we can get to see the live version of the game. Spy cameras are one of the feature everyone is assuming to be present in this mode.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.