Killer Showing

• 110 results
#1 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Trenchcoat? Paranoid? Hacker? Conspiracy?

In a Highly Interactive Living City Simulation?

Blowing Minds! Ubisoft Steals The Show.

#2 Posted by ChocolateCoffin (201 posts) -

Definitely, can't wait to hear more on this. like how the multiplayer works for example.

#3 Posted by admachina (190 posts) -

Game of show by a long shot for me so far

#4 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2165 posts) -

All it needs is some more Matthew Lillard and I'm 1000% sold.

#5 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Probably the best thing I've seen thus far. Definitely didn't expect Ubisoft to pull out a new IP like that and surprise the shit out of me.

#6 Posted by Kidavenger (3570 posts) -

Game looked boring to me... open world yet totally scripted; I did like the concept though.

More excited for Zombi U.

#7 Posted by Coafi (1490 posts) -

I loved what I saw, I hope it's for this generation of consoles, not the next.

#8 Posted by ShaggE (6479 posts) -

I have to have this game in my hands. I am seriously, utterly wowed. GTAIV just aged 10 years all at once as far as depictions of NYC are concerned.

#9 Posted by believer258 (11949 posts) -

Wow. Why is it that I'm missing the good parts of these shows?

Ah, well. I'll wait until after E3 and watch all of the trailers then.

#10 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

To confirm, was that multiplayer? That shit was all happening in a single world with multiple players?

#11 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

Alright opening, mindblowing middle, disappointing towards the end when it became a shooter, but still, I AM SO FUCKING PUMPED FOR THIS GAME IT IS UNREAL.

Give Watch_Dogs to me.

#12 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

Graphics and concept looked really great. I hope it plays well and releases Q2 2013 at the latest

#13 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11138 posts) -

Looks CRAZY! Ubisoft is going to be hard to top this year (at E3, I mean, I doubt that Watch Dogs is a 2012 game).

#14 Posted by TheMathlete (323 posts) -

I definitely didn't see that coming. Watch Dogs is my game of show so far, and it'll probably stay that way. I didn't hear anything about this game before the show, did anyone else?

#15 Posted by Jonin (11 posts) -

@Seppli: Yea that game looks really cool. Really surprised me.

#16 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Kind of what you'd imagine a modern day Assassin's Creed to be like.

Definitely a game to keep an eye on for future previews.

#17 Posted by Redsox44 (482 posts) -

Looks amazing. Looks like what a modern AC game should be without having to stay with AC gameplay.

#18 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1250 posts) -

Loved it! Can't wait to see more of it!

#19 Posted by Chemin (632 posts) -

Easily the most interesting thing out of E3 as of yet. I will definitely keep this game on my radar.

#20 Posted by viking (63 posts) -

@Tylea002 said:

Alright opening, mindblowing middle, disappointing towards the end when it became a shooter, but still, I AM SO FUCKING PUMPED FOR THIS GAME IT IS UNREAL.

Give Watch_Dogs to me.

Indeed! Less shooting, more hacking and walking around enjoying the havoc your hacking has caused!

#21 Posted by DarkFury (369 posts) -

Best new game so far, for sure.

#22 Edited by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

When I first saw that he was going to mess with the traffic light I was like "No fucking way, are you kidding me?"  
Then he did and it was everything I ever wanted to see, that was fucking amazing.  

Also, am I correct in thinking that when it zoomed to the other character that it was supposed to be the other guy playing that? and then it zoomed out even further and even more gamertags showed up? 
Because that would be pretty awesome

#23 Posted by TheHT (11389 posts) -

Yeah dude. Seeing people's dirty secrets real-time and getting a threat assessment reading is also really neat.

#24 Posted by NegativeCero (3005 posts) -

Blown away. I am glad this E3 wasn't completely predictable stuff.

#25 Posted by Redsox44 (482 posts) -

Seems like they were smart and didn't try to make a modern AC game but made something unique that works with modern day. I am still in awe.

#26 Posted by Twiggy199 (498 posts) -

Best i've seen so far, and, had the biggest cheer of the show, brilliant.

#27 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -
@ShaggE said:

I have to have this game in my hands. I am seriously, utterly wowed. GTAIV just aged 10 years all at once as far as depictions of NYC are concerned.

Looked like Chicago to me.
#28 Posted by Bones8677 (3248 posts) -

@Kidavenger said:

Game looked boring to me... open world yet totally scripted; I did like the concept though.

More excited for Zombi U.

How can you possibly be more excited for ZombiU? It was a CG trailer with no gameplay or hints as to what the game will be like.

#29 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

@viking said:

@Tylea002 said:

Give Watch_Dogs to me.

Indeed! Less shooting, more hacking and walking around enjoying the havoc your hacking has caused!

Totally. The shooting was the worst part, and it actually really disappointed me. The rest gave off a strong Hitman vibe, which got me really excited. Still the best game shown from anyone though, by far.

#30 Posted by Nilazz (613 posts) -

So...The big question is, for what format will we see this awesome game?

#31 Posted by Animasta (14698 posts) -

oh my god YES. I want to play this game so much

#32 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

SINGLE PARENT

#33 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5432 posts) -

Best thing shown thus far, and it wasn't even leaked beforehand!

#34 Posted by Hot_Sawce (66 posts) -

Over-under of how quickly you get tired of hearing the same four lines when you wreck communications is set at 105 minutes.

#35 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

I love it to bits, even the shooting was done well with loads of interactions and not just shooting.

I want more!

#36 Edited by N7 (3590 posts) -

I honestly used to have dreams of a game like this... open world... action adventure... multiplayer(coop?), crime, city simulation... thing...

I don't even know. I was excited for Assassin's Creed. I was excited for Splinter Cell. And then this thing just came out of nowhere and gave me everything I wanted to see.

EDIT: And yeah, it's Chicago.

#37 Posted by CaLe (3996 posts) -

I thought nothing would have topped Far Cry 3, then AC3 came and thought the same.. then this.. Ubisoft has won this show, never mind Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo. Amazing.

#38 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -
I didn't ask for this(but i want it)
#39 Posted by hoossy (934 posts) -

I want more coat physics! 100% coat physics 100% of the time!

And hacking puzzles, make this bitch challenging!

#40 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

SINGLE PARENT

HIV POSITIVE

#41 Posted by ExplodeMode (852 posts) -

This new game, Dishonored, X-com EU, CD Projekts new thing. All of this super nerdy stuff is popping up out of nowhere and I love it.

#42 Edited by Tennmuerti (8123 posts) -

While graphically it looked impressive, a lot of that stuff seemed very very scripted. Especially that car crash scenario trapping the dude you waned very neatly.

It will be interesting to see what are the innards and mechanics of the game, what are the actual limits and the possibilities (not just stuff people instantly imagine in their heads).

So far the only real gameplay has been a dude walking around, doing a few hack prompts on preset icons and some third person cover based shooting. Nothing much to amaze.

People are a tad ovehyped imo.

(still the best E3 thing i've seen so far and will probably remain so)

#43 Posted by hoossy (934 posts) -

@Hamz said:

Kind of what you'd imagine a modern day Assassin's Creed to be like.

Definitely a game to keep an eye on for future previews.

That's a really good way to look at it. I like the sound of that, but please no templars

#44 Posted by Kierkegaard (597 posts) -

I love this. Being a chicagoan and an adult in need of games that tell important stories, I am deeply invested in this game now.

#45 Posted by ShaggE (6479 posts) -

@Seppli said:

@ShaggE said:

Looked like Chicago to me.

Yeah, I meant to say "cities", but my mind went to NYC after mentioning GTA. Also, that pretentious art exhibit seems right out of New York.

#46 Posted by MachoFantastico (4719 posts) -

Already rumours going about that it's not for current platforms. Not sure about that.

#47 Posted by Irvandus (2880 posts) -

Do, Want, Now!

#48 Posted by Scodiac (470 posts) -

Easily, the freshest and most exciting thing shown at E3 so far. Watch Dogs probably just stole the whole show.

#49 Posted by Cloneslayer (1633 posts) -

This game is one of the few that saved the show.

#50 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Gameplay Demo in case some people miissed it or want to watch it agian.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.