MS uses PS4 version as Xbox One version in video

• 62 results
#1 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRMqE9yPDpc

(Edit: the video is now removed)

Is this the reason for the delay?

Around 1:37 is where the magic happens.

Hard to catch, but you clearly see it flash for a second.

#2 Posted by TheHT (11300 posts) -

WHOOPS

#3 Edited by jimmyfenix (3855 posts) -

I remember when MS removed a redman song from True Crime NY just because he mentioned Playstation.

#4 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

LOL.

#5 Posted by Hailinel (24867 posts) -

Whoopsie-doodles!

#6 Posted by EuanDewar (4947 posts) -

I don't think its that bad but I do think it is pretty funny

#7 Edited by chiablo (931 posts) -

The hole they're digging just keeps getting deeper, doesn't it?

#8 Posted by Damodar (1393 posts) -

Oh dear...

#9 Edited by Lava (668 posts) -

Well that's a funny accident. Probably not a huge deal but still quite funny.

#10 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

That's kind of funny. Not really a big deal but funny nonetheless.

#11 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4973 posts) -

Goddaaaayuuuummmm.

#12 Edited by Akyho (1655 posts) -

Apparently the trailer has been up for 2 months with everyone catching it then, and us only finding out by a random forum post. Turns out not big news still funny to know.

#13 Edited by AMyggen (3084 posts) -

Isn't this old news by now? That fuck up has been known for over two months, and I highly doubt it has anything to do with the delay. If MS cared about this they would've taken down the video a long time ago. It's not like they're passing it off as running on the Xbone either, it's clearly just Ubisoft's promitional video that has been uploaded on numerous other sites (including this one IIRC). Dumb move maybe, but a non-story really.

#14 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

here is one from need for speed rivals

Escapist went to an XBox one event the past week or so played the XBox one version but all direct feed material was from PS4. After Neogaf noticed it the video now went private XD

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=710829

#15 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4213 posts) -

Is this YouTube spam?

Is it really?

#16 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -
#17 Posted by firecracker22 (547 posts) -

Well, once I guess can be a weird accident. Twice seems less likely. If there's anymore than that, then it can't be an accident. Can it?

#18 Edited by AMyggen (3084 posts) -

@nekroskop: But there's no reason to believe that MS putting up a promotional video of the game on their YT channel has anything to do with the game being delayed, especially since this is two and a half months ago. Posing that question in the OP is ridiculous.

Without knowing this for certain, I'm sure that it's pretty normal practice for MS & co to post the promotional videos of third party games, made by the dev, on their channel. It would be worse if they claimed that the game ran on a Xbone in the video, but they didn't. Maybe a dumb move by their PR people, but nothing major (which even MS seem to agree with, seeing that they haven't removed it).

And no, I'm no "MS shill" or some dumb bullshit like that. When I buy a next gen console, it's gonna be a PS4. But I just think this is a non-issue.

edit: If people can spot a trend of MS showing off third party games on a PS4, then we might have a problem.

#19 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@firecracker22 said:

Well, once I guess can be a weird accident. Twice seems less likely. If there's anymore than that, then it can't be an accident. Can it?

Microsoft making it so people can't discuss the Xbone versions of BF4, ACIV, Ghosts just makes it seem more and more likely they're trying to hide their inferior versions and it's deceptive as fuck.

I hope reviews actually rag on the Xbone versions if they do indeed look and perform worse, let's not forget how much shit the PS3 used to get for having the inferior multiplatform games. (in almost all cases)

Fair is fair.

#20 Posted by SomeJerk (3252 posts) -

The Xbone AC4 actually does look, play and perform fine. It's just that it's not 1080p.

#21 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

@somejerk said:

The Xbone AC4 actually does look, play and perform fine. It's just that it's not 1080p.

wait it is not?^^

#22 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3337 posts) -

This is fantastic.

#23 Posted by MildMolasses (3221 posts) -

@sooty said:

@firecracker22 said:

Microsoft making it so people can't discuss the Xbone versions of BF4, ACIV, Ghosts just makes it seem more and more likely they're trying to hide their inferior versions and it's deceptive as fuck.

I really don't know why you are so hung up on embargoes for games that are weeks from release. More than likely they are all going to hit at the same time so that's all you are going to see for a day or two, accomplishing the exact opposite of what you are accusing them of doing. Just like yesterday when a bunch of sites posted X1 preview event coverage at the exact same time, giving the impression that that is all anyone is talking about.

Jeff already said that the Ghost impressions for the X1 version can up on next tuesday. I bet a bunch of other X1 versions go up too. Why don't you take the tinfoil hat off for a few minutes and actually wait for real evaluations to hit before getting too carried away with your MS conspiracies. Everyone embargoes shit all the time, and if these are worse versions, you will hear about it

#24 Posted by Wolfgame (755 posts) -

This actually isn't unique to the launch of the new consoles, I sent MS an email a couple of years ago because the product page, both on the 360 marketplace and xbox.com for Record of Agarest war features screen shots showing the PS3's control scheme(they never changed it). Granted, for that game it isn't a big deal. But, failing to showcase premier launch games on your own hardware and being this deceptive is incredibly dangerous for MS.

#25 Edited by IBurningStar (2173 posts) -

The ride never ends.

#26 Edited by MachoFantastico (4706 posts) -

Definition of shooting yourself in the foot with this one.

I love how the frame flickers for a second.

#27 Posted by GaspoweR (3052 posts) -

@mildmolasses: I think the fact that the embargo is up on a much later date than the PS4 versions of the games is pretty suspect as to their confidence of how it's going to be reviewed but I agree with your point to just wait for the embargo to be up.

#28 Posted by TooWalrus (13208 posts) -

That's funny. It's also not really a big deal.

#29 Posted by JasonR86 (9710 posts) -

I doubt this is Microsoft's doing. Ubi probably just provided one video for advertising and it happens to be the PS4 version. But who knows. I don't know. Whatever.

#30 Posted by Y2Ken (1148 posts) -

It's not using the footage that bothers me in particular; just that they tried to cover it up.

#31 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

That's pretty funny. But it's not that big of a deal. Now, as @sooty said, the fact that they're holding back reviews for their games could be an issue, unless they're only doing it to get them closer to release. I guess we'll see.

#32 Posted by MildMolasses (3221 posts) -

@gaspower said:

@mildmolasses: I think the fact that the embargo is up on a much later date than the PS4 versions of the games is pretty suspect as to their confidence of how it's going to be reviewed but I agree with your point to just wait for the embargo to be up.

I always think Sony lets reviews run way too early compared to release date, so I think the fact they jumped out early with these games doesn't really imply a level of confidence, that just seems like their usual strategy. If the 12th is the X1 embargo date, then they've pulled a successful dick move and overshadow everything in the days leading up to PS4 launch. Confidence, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with it. It is about controlling the flow of information, same as always

#33 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4354 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07 said:

Is this YouTube spam?

Is it really?

Now you're concerned with youtube spam? lol

#35 Posted by Bollard (5568 posts) -

Realistically, it could just be that build hasn't got the Xbox button images in it yet, considering PS4 is launching sooner anyway. Heck, it's probably running on a PC.

#36 Posted by GaspoweR (3052 posts) -

Realistically, it could just be that build hasn't got the Xbox button images in it yet, considering PS4 is launching sooner anyway. Heck, it's probably running on a PC.

Yep, this, and Ubi did say that when they originally built Watch Dogs it was on PC specs that they originally projected to be close to what the next-gen consoles might be running on and they didn't have direct info from either of the companies from that point in time so it's natural that these videos where still being made on internal dev kits running on PC hardware and not even actual PS 4 dev kits anyway. Plus, it may have been a video that UBI submitted to MS since the MS guys just wanted to have a video up for Watch_Dogs on their own channel.

#37 Posted by mcmax3000 (285 posts) -

@gaspower said:

Plus, it may have been a video that UBI submitted to MS since the MS guys just wanted to have a video up for Watch_Dogs on their own channel.

Yup, most likely this. In both cases, it's probably video that Microsoft got from the publishers, who didn't want to bother going back, and capturing separate video of each version of the game.

#38 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4354 posts) -
#39 Edited by mcmax3000 (285 posts) -

@gaspower said:

I'd bet most likely, a) They didn't know the PS4 embargo date when they set their embargo, and b) as the guys mentioned on the Bombcast this week, the November 12 embargo seems very deliberately set to ensure that there's a whole bunch of Xbox One news hitting right before the PS4 launch.

#40 Edited by Sterling (2327 posts) -

@gaspower said:

I'd bet most likely, a) They didn't know the PS4 embargo date when they set their embargo, and b) as the guys mentioned on the Bombcast this week, the November 12 embargo seems very deliberately set to ensure that there's a whole bunch of Xbox One news hitting right before the PS4 launch.

If that was the reason behind it, oh boy, how dumb. That is a little late in the game. Who is going to change their mind three days before a launch? And you will be able to pickup most PS4 games on the 12th also. So if that was their intent, to try and flood the market with xbo stuff, it was for naught. It wont affect anyone at that point.

#41 Edited by MildMolasses (3221 posts) -

@mcmax3000 said:

@gaspower said:

If that was the reason behind it, oh boy, how dumb. That is a little late in the game. Who is going to change their mind three days before a launch? And you will be able to pickup most PS4 games on the 12th also. So if that was their intent, to try and flood the market with xbo stuff, it was for naught. It wont affect anyone at that point.

Given how easily upset and fickle the audience is, three days seems like plenty of time for people to get irate/fall in love

#42 Posted by EXTomar (4744 posts) -

@colourful_hippie: When do I not see you post Lol? Say something original. You won't.

Relax. No one thinks any less of you because you are a little hurt by this weird news. Keep pushing it and the bar goes even lower.

This is not Youtube spam. I wish there was more original comment but it is hard to say much more than the video and the example images.

#43 Posted by kishinfoulux (2317 posts) -

This forum is quickly becoming console wars. I always thought this place was better then that. Leave that shit to Gamefaqs and Gaf or something.

It's not a big deal. I'm sure all companies have done this. Hell remember when Sony tagged their Sony All Stars videos on youtube, with Smash Bros. instead? Yeah.

#44 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2161 posts) -

@kishinfoulux: Nintendo also did this with the Wii U announcement.

#45 Posted by hippocrit (240 posts) -

Goddaaaayuuuummmm.

This is great with your avatar pic.

#46 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

Video is now private^^

#47 Edited by ll_Exile_ll (1709 posts) -

@gaspower said:

I always think Sony lets reviews run way too early compared to release date, so I think the fact they jumped out early with these games doesn't really imply a level of confidence, that just seems like their usual strategy. If the 12th is the X1 embargo date, then they've pulled a successful dick move and overshadow everything in the days leading up to PS4 launch. Confidence, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with it. It is about controlling the flow of information, same as always

That argument would make sense, except in those instance those are Sony published games. It's always publishers that set embargo dates, so obviously Ubisoft and EA are fine with next gen versions of those games being shown before the consoles come out. It's specifically Microsoft saying the Xbox One versions can't be shown or reviewed.

#48 Edited by BIGJEFFREY (5055 posts) -

There was actually never a Xbox One version, Ubi realized this and that is why they delayed.

#49 Edited by spraynardtatum (2977 posts) -

@darji said:

Video is now private^^

wow! It isn't even a big deal. "removed by the author" is slang for "bad for our image".

#50 Posted by GaspoweR (3052 posts) -

There was actually never a Xbox One version, Ubi realized this and that is why they delayed.

"OH WE STILL DON'T HAVE ZE XBOX VERSION? WHAT ABOUT ZE MULTIPLAYER?" asked one concerned Ubisoft officer.

Okay, that sounded kinda offensive but that was what popped into my head when you said that comment.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.