Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Watch Dogs

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released May 27, 2014

A third-person open-world game from Ubisoft, set in an alternate version of Chicago where the entire city is connected under a single network, and a vigilante named Aiden Pearce uses it to fight back against a conspiracy.

MS uses PS4 version as Xbox One version in video

• 63 results
    Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Levio

Human error is more common than human malice.

In this case, someone at MS probably just didn't realize it was a Sony video.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

These videos are all probably provided by publishers as kind of a promotional thing for the game itself, not the game on a specific platform. I don't really see anything wrong with it. If the buttons were massive and integral to the demonstration video, then yeah, but I don't see this being anything major.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By face15

That's hilarious.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy said:

These videos are all probably provided by publishers as kind of a promotional thing for the game itself, not the game on a specific platform. I don't really see anything wrong with it. If the buttons were massive and integral to the demonstration video, then yeah, but I don't see this being anything major.

This specifically wasn't even made for or by Microsoft. It's just the gameplay series Ubisoft made and published themselves. Microsoft just put it up on their channel too.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Optix12

at this point i dont even trust those forza videos they have, probably running on a ps4

edit: put on your sarcasm detectors there. also its weird that they didnt care about youtube comments discussing the messup 2 months ago but when neogaf picks up on it they decide to remove the video.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol... Someone done fucked up

Avatar image for librorumprohibitorum
    LibrorumProhibitorum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@levio: So they censored it and uploaded it as their own? That's malicious.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The xbox version couldn't look so much worse that it would really be worth it for Microsoft to pass the PS4 version off as the xbox version. I have to imagine this does way more damage than a mildly less good-looking video.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The xbox version couldn't look so much worse that it would really be worth it for Microsoft to pass the PS4 version off as the xbox version. I have to imagine this does way more damage than a mildly less good-looking video.

But the thing is Microsoft didn't do anything. They posted a video that Ubisoft sent to the gaming press. It's the gameplay series video that Ubisoft made.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Cold_Wolven

They've stuffed up like that before when Microsoft's Dutch Facebook page posted images for XBOne games but one of the screenshots was for Killzone: Shadow Fall.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I hear the X-Box 3 is coming with a packed in shovel to dig out of all the shit they keep burying ontop of it.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They've stuffed up like that before when Microsoft's Dutch Facebook page posted images for XBOne games but one of the screenshots was for Killzone: Shadow Fall.

haha what? reminds me of this Gran turismo page posting Forza screens from back then^^

mcmax3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

@mcmax3000 said:

@gaspower said:

@mildmolasses: I think the fact that the embargo is up on a much later date than the PS4 versions of the games is pretty suspect as to their confidence of how it's going to be reviewed but I agree with your point to just wait for the embargo to be up.

I'd bet most likely, a) They didn't know the PS4 embargo date when they set their embargo, and b) as the guys mentioned on the Bombcast this week, the November 12 embargo seems very deliberately set to ensure that there's a whole bunch of Xbox One news hitting right before the PS4 launch.

If that was the reason behind it, oh boy, how dumb. That is a little late in the game. Who is going to change their mind three days before a launch? And you will be able to pickup most PS4 games on the 12th also. So if that was their intent, to try and flood the market with xbo stuff, it was for naught. It wont affect anyone at that point.

Nobody is going to change their mind three days before a launch, but at the same time, I'd guess that hardly anyone is going to change their mind two weeks before a launch either, unless things were an ungodly shit show, so I don't think putting the reviews out sooner would've done anything for them.

It's about getting the Xbox One name out there when Sony's trying to get the Playstation 4 name out there. It's more about the people who are still on the fence, and trying to get them to wait that extra week. Will it work? Probably not to any significant degree, but it does make sense.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.