Multiplayer in watchdogs sound neat.

#1 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

While your playing single player others will join your game journey style. They are not coming to mess with you or kill you. What other players jobs are is to spy on you doing things without being noticed. You can get contracts like "go into this guys game and catch him doing this without him knowing your there." That camera the guy turns off while ridding the train away was controlled by another player.

#2 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4294 posts) -

This is pretty damn cool. I'll play!

#3 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -

This was from gametrailer's after show.

#4 Posted by CollegeGuyMike (391 posts) -

I noticed this when I rewatched the end of the trailer, that the camera had another name over it. I think last years E3 demo pulled out of gameplay to a seemingly multiplayer scenario too right? It seems like it could be really cool. I can't wait for this game.

#5 Posted by Krullban (1062 posts) -

So can you only be cameras? Or other dudes too?

#6 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -

Yeah in the e3 bit you were aiding the escape of the main character.

#7 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

@krullban no you can be dudes to

I think he actually walks by the player controling the camera.

#8 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5983 posts) -

Sort of depends how it works; but aside from the scope and size of the city being larger all of the other elements of the game are huge over-extensions and since launch titles tend to suck that's not necessarily a good thing. Assassin's Creed 1 at best, impressive for the time but quickly overshadowed by much better successors and copycats of various elements.

#9 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Watchdogs was also confirmed to being coming to everything but the 3ds and vita.

It's coming to the 360, ps3, ps4, wii-u and the next xbox.

#10 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

Sounds really cool, I sort of inferred this when I saw that name over the camera but I didn't know how it would fall into place.

#11 Posted by Lord_Xp (605 posts) -

Wow that is pretty awesome. I like this idea. I just heard about this game since Ps4 was announced. I was surprised to see forum topics as far as June 2012. Either way, I'm glad I know about it now.

#12 Posted by Jedted (2400 posts) -

I saw the new trailer at PAX East where some lady briefs you on what goes on in the PS4 demo. I like the style of multiplayer they are going for but i'm curious how these "watchers" can affect you in your game. Like does a successful camera hack increase that player's notoriety in their game? Stuff like that i think could be pretty cool.

Here's the trailer that explains some of the stuff:

#13 Posted by erikalui (21 posts) -

When is this game going to be available on PC? Also it is like spying on the other player’s game being a camera, so we cannot harm the other player’s game like hack. Sounds cool but I was expecting a bit more from the multiplayer game mode.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.