Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Watch Dogs

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released May 27, 2014

A third-person open-world game from Ubisoft, set in an alternate version of Chicago where the entire city is connected under a single network, and a vigilante named Aiden Pearce uses it to fight back against a conspiracy.

On your first playthrough, how will you play the game?

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Poll On your first playthrough, how will you play the game? (52 votes)

Offline only 46%
    Online from start to finish 54%

Just curious as to how the GB community is planning on playing.

Read that Notoriety stuff gets wiped if you ever decide to go offline from invasions.

• 
    Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Online all the way

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SharkEthic

Online. Unfortunately Uplay is a piece of shit, so that's not an option at the moment.

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@sharkethic: Had issues trying to get online the first few minutes I played but persistence paid off... then I had intermittent drops from uplay during the game - I wonder what happens to your notoriety and skills if that happens :(((

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I won't be getting the game until I finally settle on which of the new consoles I want but when I do I will almost certainly play offline. I have no interest in multiplayer interactions being shoved into my single player experience. Hell for the very short time I played WoW I played on a no PvP server.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I turned Online Invasions off because it directly opposes to how I try to play the game and the rewards of online interaction is not that significant.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Oh thought this was about lethal vs knockouts. I want to do online when I get the game and a computer to run it but apparently Uplay is a piece of shit so let's see?

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Online. The dark souls invasion style stuff sounds fascinating...... Assuming the ubisoft servers are working.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Offline. Red phantom invasions in Dark Souls II are the absolute worst part of the game. I'm thankful for the option to turn this mechanic off in Watch Dogs.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By gaminghooligan

I haven't found the invasions to be that intrusive so I'm leaving it online for now. It was funny however that one of the few times I was invaded so far was a time where I managed to get myself stuck in the environment.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never liked Dark Soul's invasion system as much as I am a Souls fan. But the frequency is so low it's not really a problem.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

multiplayer takes FOREVER to get started.

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After watching some streams of the 'multiplayer' it was the first thing I turned off when I started playing. It really just seems like a pointless distraction that would quickly become a nuisance. I love multiplayer in sandbox games. Hell, I haven't even gotten halfway through GTA V's campaign because I just got hooked on the multiplayer and never looked back. But Watch_Dogs is sort of phoning it in, in my opinion. Pun not intended, but welcome.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Offline. Its more of hassle right now than it is fun (disconnects, loading times, and while this is going on you can't do anything else). And the rewards seem pretty pointless. I'm holding off on all online play for this game for a while. Probably until after I complete the main story, or until they patch the online/fix the servers.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Karkarov

Uh neither of your options? I started online but it got annoying just trying to figure out some hacking puzzles then BAM you are being hacked drop what you are doing and spend 10 minutes chasing some random guy around! So I turned it off. Also yeah, all the rewards are literally for online only. Just like all the digital trip rewards only help you inside the digital trips. They are just there for people who are bored and or want to mess around.

Diancecht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tried playing online, it's more frustrating than fun. Really enjoying the campaing so far, good voice acting and somewhat good plot.

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Offline. I don't want to be interrupted by someone trying to hack me as I'm trying to get to an objective marker constantly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.