Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Watch Dogs

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released May 27, 2014

A third-person open-world game from Ubisoft, set in an alternate version of Chicago where the entire city is connected under a single network, and a vigilante named Aiden Pearce uses it to fight back against a conspiracy.

Out of Control Trailer

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

There've been leaks going on, but it's officially released now.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Benny

After seeing this I'm now convinced this game is an action-shooter with some environmental stuff you can activate from time to time like in Syndicate. At first I'd hoped it was was less combat focused and perhaps drawing on games like Hitman or Deus Ex, but I guess we'll see. Hard to tell from a minute of footage obviously so I'm still hoping I'm wrong!

Edit: Oh and it looks like it'll be a PS4 launch game, I'm guessing 19th of November is the PS4 launch date?

Jeldh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@benny: I really hope its just a trailer to quickly gain some hype.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benny said:

After seeing this I'm now convinced this game is an action-shooter with some environmental stuff you can activate from time to time like in Syndicate. At first I'd hoped it was was less combat focused and perhaps drawing on games like Hitman or Deus Ex, but I guess we'll see. Hard to tell from a minute of footage obviously so I'm still hoping I'm wrong!

Edit: Oh and it looks like it'll be a PS4 launch game, I'm guessing 19th of November is the PS4 launch date?

It could be that they're just playing up the action because that makes for a "better" or more compelling trailer to more people, while the actual game might not necessarily reflect that.

It's going to be a PS4 launch game, but that does not necessarily mean the PS4 will launch on November 19th as the game will be out for current generation platforms as well.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Benny

@fluxwavez: Very true, thanksgiving is the week after though so it's definitely that 2 week window.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By probablytuna

I'm curious to see what the difference in quality will be when the game's running on current generation hardware.

nonused

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By nonused

Has that underscore always been there? It's driving me crazy.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nonused said:

Has that underscore always been there? It's driving me crazy.

It has and it's awesome.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I wouldn't necessarily call this game cyberpunk, I think the attractive thing about cyberpunk has always been the idea of examining the kind of world we would have once really high level tech (which was only really available to governments and corporations at the time most of the important cyberpunk literature) became easily accessible to street-level "punks", political revolutionaries and average people.

This trailer makes me think of a street-level Batman in a time where you no longer need to be a millionaire to have all the cool gadgetry, just smart enough to understand how things work and not get caught while creative enough to use systems in ways they weren't intended.

We've had some interesting exploration of higher tech sci-fi in franchises like Deus Ex, but I like the idea of an average guy with street-level tech hacking the system. I know this game isn't the first use of a hacker hero (or avenger or whatever he technically is), but it seems like it could be as unique as Assassin's creed was when it first released.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

It might be a last minute decision, to get this or ACIV with Xbox purchase.

It looks dope, though!

PhilipDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By PhilipDuck

@probablytuna said:

I'm curious to see what the difference in quality will be when the game's running on current generation hardware.

Yeah, see how hard hit; performance wise the current gen is when this is released. Looks awesome still, but defiantly going to be a PC or Ps4 buy though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.