Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Watch Dogs

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released May 27, 2014

A third-person open-world game from Ubisoft, set in an alternate version of Chicago where the entire city is connected under a single network, and a vigilante named Aiden Pearce uses it to fight back against a conspiracy.

PS4 install issue..,

Freki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Freki

So I'm I the only one who can't play the game yet?

Bought and downloaded the game and started it, got about 10min in and a message pops up with "Installing 40%" with the only option being quiting the game...

16 hours later and various tries I'm finally at 97% but seriously WTF???

And I thought the install process on PS3 was bad.. never have I had a game install for an entire day... :(

I'm guessing it's pulling some data from the internet, but with a 50mbit connection a couple GB should be minuttes not hours..

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

My game literally installed (off disc) in 30 seconds to a playable state. I then never got any other messages stopping me from playing saying that the game was installing. There must be something wrong happening there.

cbk486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Contact Ubisoft or Sony maybe? Sorry this happened with you.

SuperCycle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, my game took forever to install. It would only allow me to play the opening tutorial and then would tell me that it was at 67% installed. I had to wait for it to be fully downloaded on my ps4 and then start a new game before it let me play. I find it a little strange that ps4 makes it difficult to find out how much of the game is actually downloaded and installed on the system, even though the game was fully clickable and I could start the prologue it wasn't fully downloaded.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@liquidprince: Yeah, I went with a physical version and it fully installed very fast. It was much faster than inFamous. I don't remember how big that install was, but this one was 20 GB. I wasn't sure if upgrading my hard drive to a 1TB hybrid had anything to do with it.

@supercycle:If you go to the notifications/downloads, it tells you how much is downloaded. I can't remember if it says how much has been installed, since I usually stop paying attention. By the time I check, I already have another notification that it was installed.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@sergio said:

@liquidprince: Yeah, I went with a physical version and it fully installed very fast. It was much faster than inFamous. I don't remember how big that install was, but this one was 20 GB. I wasn't sure if upgrading my hard drive to a 1TB hybrid had anything to do with it.

For the record, I have a 1TB Hybrid too.

boysef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

yea same here, looks like i'll have to wait another day(s) to play it... same thing happend with wolfenstein on digital dl... fucking malarky

HoboZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ditto :( Halted me at the end of tutorial, then received the notice that it was 43% installed. Quick estimate shows it's gonna be another 15-17 hours at this rate, and I have 70mb fibre :( If you go back to the dashboard, highlight Watch Dogs and hit Option > Information you'll get the exact download progress, depressing though it may be.

The issue appears to be getting some press now. Hopefully something is actually broken somewhere, and this isn't the norm going forward for AAA launches.

leviathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By leviathan

This seems to be an issue with titles downloaded off PSN. I've had this occur to me when i purchased NFS Rivals off PSN too.

What seems to be happening is the day 1 patch is bein downloaded along with the game itself. However, you'll notice the game client that downloads off PSN is only approx 3.6GB or so. Obviosly there is no way in hell games these days are only 3.6GB.

As a result, it will say downloaded completed once the 3.6GB is done, and show up in your games list, and you can generally play the tutorial/first section of the game, then you gotta wait to download the remaining 17GB or however much.

I haven't really figured a way around this. After googling it, it seems it may have to do with the day 1 patch being downloaded at the same time. The best thing i've come up with is to check how much of the FULL game has been downloaded. In order to do this, just go to data management or whatever, and look at your games list. It should show there how much of the full download has been completed.

Sorry again I couldn't provide any actual help, but I hope i was at least able to shed some more info about it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.