Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Watch Dogs

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released May 27, 2014

A third-person open-world game from Ubisoft, set in an alternate version of Chicago where the entire city is connected under a single network, and a vigilante named Aiden Pearce uses it to fight back against a conspiracy.

So how do you feel about the inevitable Ass...Watch Dogs 2.

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll So how do you feel about the inevitable Ass...Watch Dogs 2. (226 votes)

Pumped. Watch Dogs is the sheeeeeiiiiittttt! 6%
    Yeah, WD is cool. I'd play a sequel. 36%
    Meh, they gotta do a little tinkering here and there.... 27%
    Don't care. 31%

So I got Watch Dogs on PC and it's alright. I reminds me of the first AC, in that the basic mechanics are okay and the inevitable sequel will tighten and improve on everything.

The gameplay is okay, but even without playing too many main and side missions, I can feel how the game will break down. Mechanically, this is all tight but I just wish that we could skip to WD2 and miss out all this.

Graphically (as this has to be covered) it really doesn't do anything for me. Sure, some of it is pretty, but it doesn't wow me like BF4 did.

What do you think? Did you like WD? Would you care for a sequel? Do you feel it is a culmination of other Ubisoft games (Assassins Creed, Splinter Cell etc) amalgamated into one?

• 
    Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Only played a couple hours, too soon to say. I like its potential and the amount of stuff crammed into the world, but so far I really don't like the driving (or how the camera handles while driving), the protagonist, the way they've handled music or the graphics, really. At times it looks good, and it always looks decent, but I can't help but keep feeling like GTA V was more impressive on last gen than this is now. And it certainly doesn't stack up to Tomb Raider, MGSV, inFamous or MLB/NBA 2K14 in terms of graphical showcases.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I think the actual playing of Watch Dogs is more fun than the first Assassin's Creed. I thought that game was beyond boring.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ShaggE

I definitely look forward to "The Inevitable Ass: Watch Dogs 2". The title fascinates me.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Watch Dogs is a good game, not great, just good. If you look at Ubisoft's track record with the AC series (especially number 2), things seem to get better.

belgurdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By belgurdo

It's decent, and a sequel will definitely improve any flaws this installment has. It's also a lot better than asscreed 1 if that means anything to you

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By flasaltine

Watch Dogs 2 is so bad. They really fucked up with the graphics. The E3 2015 demo looked so damn good but when it finally released in 2016 it looked like fucking shit. Is this really supposed to be next gen graphics? The game sucks.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Watch Dogs 2 is so bad. They really fucked up with the graphics. The E3 2015 demo looked so damn good but when it finally released in 2016 it looked like fucking shit. Is this really supposed to be next gen graphics? The game sucks.

Well they never announced what the original platforms were, but everyone just assumed it was the Playstation 7. But it turns out the E3 demo was running on a highly modified toaster.

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By white

@flacracker said:

How was Halo 5? How much money was the Ti6 prize pool?

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@white said:

@flacracker said:

How was Halo 5? How much money was the Ti6 prize pool?

Halo 5 was alright. I mean, it's more Halo so if you like Halo, and I do, then you'd like it. But they could stand to make a few little changes, try some new things.

And man, that prize pool. Maaaan.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Corevi

I'd probably play a Watch Dogs 2 but other than better optimization on PC and more impressive graphics (daytime lighting specifically) I have no clue what they could improve, the gameplay is incredibly honed and polished already due to taking a lot of things they learned from the Splinter Cell games, AC series and FarCry 3. I'm not saying it's perfect and I'm sure they will find a way to improve on it, but I'm not seeing it.

Maybe make the player character more agile? Doesn't have to be AC crazy climbing up building but I felt that for someone who is incredibly proficient at vaulting and sliding over stuff he really should be able to get on top of a wall that's more than 1.2x his height

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

B. I like Watch Dogs. I think when the developers get away from last-gen, it'll make it even better. I don't know, I just feel like them working on last-gen perhaps made the new-gen versions worse than they could be, and/or, I'm just imagining how cool it'd look in a few years strictly speaking visuals, to make the atmosphere even better. I've never been to Chicago, but what's there in the game I've enjoyed roaming around in. The game itself overall wasn't original in any one way other than the hacking, but I had fun going through the story and doing the side stuff.

Usually, I'd want a sequel to see how the story goes, and I guess that can be said for a sequel to this, but the story of this wasn't especially strong to make me extremely interested in what's next. I thought it was all just 'good enough', but I'm interested in seeing what they'd bring visually, and gameplay wise for another open world. I liked the characters enough as well, but I hope those two things (story and characters) are done a little better next time, because while they're already adequate to have kept me interested all the way through, I wouldn't consider any of it 'best of' in anything.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I said it before it came out that this game smells like the first AC and I was proven right. If that's the case then Watch Dogs 2 could be amazing. I loved AC2. That was my 3rd favorite game that year and that was the year that Uncharted 2 & Batman: AA came out. If Watch Dogs is the price we have to pay to get AC2 like quality then it's a small price to pay.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Karkarov

Watch Dogs is a great game and I am constantly laughing at the people saying the graphics aren't good. Sorry it isn't BF4 on pc at max level graphics, never expected it to be, but comparing it to GTAV? That is just a joke. You would have to be blind and stupid to think GTAV looks as good as Watch Dogs does graphically, it is definitely "next gen" in those terms.... whatever that actually means.

So yeah I like Watch Dogs 1, a lot more than the nonsense comparison of Assassin's Creed 1, so yeah I would buy Watch Dogs 2.

Crommi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the most part I like it but there's too many minigames and repetition in side-missions. Graphics are roughly what I expected and it seemed like Ubisoft had to delay the game for further optimization because current-gen console performance was not as impressive as everyone was hoping. Artists and developers are constantly waiting for the hardware to get better, they can already do photorealistic visuals but the GPU performance is not there yet to make it viable in real-time applications like games. Heck, it doesn't take more than couple months of training and you can already model a car in much higher detail that you see in any game right now (topology may be terrible but that comes with more experience).

Initially I didn't like Aiden's voice but it kinda grew on me and suits his character. It's also understandable that it may not be easy to like him because he is very selfish and not behaving like a regular hero-character.

Avatar image for stealthmaster86
    Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Fix the driving and don't make the cops so relentless. That is all I ask.

DragonNinja789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stackboy said:

Watch Dogs is a good game, not great, just good. If you look at Ubisoft's track record with the AC series (especially number 2), things seem to get better.

Not necessarily, Assassins Creed III is still ass.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I'm all about inevitable ass, but it depends on the context.

As for Watch Dogs 2, of course. It sounds like a game that got locked between generations and suffered on all fronts because of it. Make a dedicated current gen game, run with the initial promise you now have the time and hardware to work with, improve through the legitimate criticisms, and incorporate new ideas.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Yeah, I'll play another Watch Dogs. I just hope it doesn't become an annual thing like Assassin's Creed.

Eh, who am I kidding? There's going to be like three games every year until Ubisoft goes under or they burn the series to the ground Activision style.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Your poll didn't actually have the way I feel. I'm not interested at all in the first game but am super excited for a sequel. It seems like they have neat ideas but they just kind of made an open world third person shooter. I'm excited for a sequel because I believe they'll actually be able to focus on making it more unique. Or I'll be super bummed and they'll just push something out without any changes.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stackboy said:

Not necessarily, Assassins Creed III is still ass.

compared to AC 1 it's mindblowing.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else get extremely tired of the chunk of missions that ALL go like this: Sneak in to security place, hack cameras, find guard with key code, use key code on server, find guy in server, go kill that guy. I think it was the 3rd of 4th mission into act II when I realized it felt like I just did 5 of those missions in a row. Haven't came back to the game since.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Watch Dogs 2 should be set up more like DayZ. It would be so much cooler if the multiplayer was way more integrated. And maybe instead of hacking into peoples bank accounts like a degenerate you could be trying to prevent it or track down people that do that kind of stuff. Like an actual Watch Dog.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's different enough (from GTA) to make a go of it as a regular series. I really do hope Ubi doesn't try to annualize it - if they must schedule it regularly, alternate with Far Cry.

@spraynardtatum Yeah, I always figured this was going to be the good/evil system, I was surprised you can just jack people's money without consequence. Maybe there could be a bounty system where you are rewarded for stopping others from hacking the innocent. I picture a sort of vigilante style "we are fighting the crimes that the cops ignore" aspect to it.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I want to see them go away from present day cities and move towards future or near future cities with upcoming technology. It seems that with the invention of something as amazing as ctOS, there should be other futuristic things. I think for a sequel that would up the ante and give more hacking abilities. It would be pretty cool to have the ability to hack into Amazon delivery drones and have them drop you ammo and gear or mess with self driving cars to cause distractions.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Inevitable ass is the best kind of ass.

Cydramech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless they cave-in to the attitude of the people not liking Aiden and wind up creating a W_D version of James Heller, I'll stick around. It has the potential to be an awesome franchise, certainly if they learn a few things in improving their stealth & open world mechanics (even just from AC4:BF).

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Ubisoft games like these seem to generally get less interesting the more they go on (ass creed 1 to 2, far cry 2 to 3) and watch dogs already looks like a fairly whatever game so whatever who cares

dOm_CaTz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd wish they'd ditch the "anti-hero with a heart of gold" bullshit and straight up make him a villain since that's what he felt like in 1. I feel like it would be a nice change of pace from all the save the world games, sometimes you want to play as the Joker and watch the world burn.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I just can't bring myself to play much of Watch_Dogs. I enjoy the mechanics, but not much else about the game. I'm certainly interested in a sequel, but I just hope Watch Dogs 2 is the kind of leap Assassin's Creed 2 was.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch Dogs was (imho) a neat game with a lot of good ideas. I don't fully unterstand why the game gets so much hate tbh. If they did a second one, refine the mechanics and have a better story ... That would probably be a pretty good game.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Inevitable Ass is a game I want to play.

MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the game was fine, but if/when they release a sequel I Hope they Red Steel 2 the hell out of it. I think something like Watch Dogs would have worked better in a Cyberpunk setting than using a near future Chicago.

Just my 2 cents if you ask me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.