Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Watch Dogs

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released May 27, 2014

A third-person open-world game from Ubisoft, set in an alternate version of Chicago where the entire city is connected under a single network, and a vigilante named Aiden Pearce uses it to fight back against a conspiracy.

So signed up for their mailing list and got this.

badsmalltalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By badsmalltalker

I signed up for what was basically the mailing list for Watch Dogs (after going to their site during E3) and got this email around 5 pm today:

"Hi,

It is with great regret that we inform you that Joseph Demarco passed away

in a tragic, yet unexplained accident. Being one of the most important

philanthropists in the local digital art scene, his demise has left a deep

void in the community. Out of respect for his friends and family, the

dotconnexion exhibition will be cancelled.

Sincerely yours,

The dotconnexion Team

http://dotconnexion.com/"

There was also a winmail.dat attachment that I haven't been able to open because there aren't any computers in my house that have outlook. If I get it open I will post what was in it, but until then it looks like they are trying to start up their viral marketing campaign. (Or maybe not and we won't actually see anything else for a long time)

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Strife777

Awesome, viral marketing already. Considering the plot of the game, I'm sure this could turn out interesting if they do it right.

BormahAl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By BormahAl

Man Ubisoft is all over the place.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Really liking the ideas behind this game, eager to see the marketing play out.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheHumanDove

Well I personally thought it was a real person. Sounds cool though

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Justin258

Everybody's like "Yeah, looks like a cool game!" and nobody's like "Aw, man, sucks that the DeMarco fellow died".

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By AngelN7

I'm more interested to know what happen to that guy Pierce's friend his dialog was really cool.

Totori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Totori
    @believer258 said:

Everybody's like "Yeah, looks like a cool game!" and nobody's like "Aw, man, sucks that the DeMarco fellow died".

well he as actually a bad guy, so it's good he is dead.
    MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By MarkWahlberg

@believer258 said:

When will the promotional murders end?!

artfuldodger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By artfuldodger

anyone else in the 430ish person email thread with me?

MegaMetaTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MegaMetaTurtle

This woke me up at one/two in the morning, then I spent ten minutes trying to figure out who the hell it is XD

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By natetodamax

Pretty crazy that all of the email addresses that that was sent to were in the CC box, not the BCC box.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Subjugation

Ubisoft has done some pretty awesome viral marketing in the past. This video for Deus Ex: Human Revolution still strikes me as awesome.

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Pretty funny timing that at the same time Ubisoft's passwords have been comprimised. I just got this in my email:

Dear Member,

We recently found that one of our Web sites was exploited to gain unauthorized access to some of our online systems. We instantly took steps to close off this access, investigate the incident and begin restoring the integrity of any compromised systems.

During this process, we learned that data had been illegally accessed from our account database, including user names, email addresses and encrypted passwords.

Please note that no personal payment information is stored with Ubisoft, meaning your debit/credit card information was safe from this intrusion.

As a result, we are recommending that you change the password for your account:

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@datarez said:

Pretty funny timing that at the same time Ubisoft's passwords have been comprimised. I just got this in my email:

Dear Member,

We recently found that one of our Web sites was exploited to gain unauthorized access to some of our online systems. We instantly took steps to close off this access, investigate the incident and begin restoring the integrity of any compromised systems.

During this process, we learned that data had been illegally accessed from our account database, including user names, email addresses and encrypted passwords.

Please note that no personal payment information is stored with Ubisoft, meaning your debit/credit card information was safe from this intrusion.

The viral marketing e-mail went out over a year ago. All of the Watch_Dogs threads were bumped by a spambot.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@datarez said:

Dear Member,

The viral marketing e-mail went out over a year ago. All of the Watch_Dogs threads were bumped by a spambot.

Better yet that's the only thing that spambot has done. Wait a minute bumping all watch_dogs threads at the time when ubisoft was compromised coincidence i think not!!

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I was, but then I read comments where nobody acted like it was real so I figured it out.

erikalui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was so shocked with the first post and felt bad but when I read the comments below the post, all were talking about the game and nobody was serious. Luckily, it's about the game and not reality.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.