Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Watch Dogs

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released May 27, 2014

A third-person open-world game from Ubisoft, set in an alternate version of Chicago where the entire city is connected under a single network, and a vigilante named Aiden Pearce uses it to fight back against a conspiracy.

The way the music sounds on 7.1 (Pc)

valitiney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So just picked up watch dogs, loving it thus far, I only have one grip, and I am curious if it is the game itself, or my headset. I have the razer 7.1 tiamat headset, and when the music plays on this game, it comes in bad, overly loud, no range within the songs whatsoever, (front speaker, back, etc.) and it pains me to try and listen to the music on this game. There are actually quite a few songs I enjoy, that I did not expect to see on here, but it just sounds bad, really bad. Anyone else notice this, or is it possibly a 7.1 vs 5.1 issue?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I would recommend messing with your levels in Dolby or whatever you have, maybe make a Watch_Dogs profile for it.

valitiney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thats the thing, I have no software for this headset, nor does it come with any. This is the first game I have encountered to do this, and its terribly noticeable.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just gonna use this thread to say that the music in this game, especially on the radio, is even weaker than what GTA V had to offer. Granted I haven't hacked up all the songs (I assume) but so far there's only a 2-3 songs that are tolerable to listen to, while others are just bland background noise. Kind of a bummer, since you can listen to them while walking as well. One should really be able to hack up an 80's radio station from Vice City or something...

valitiney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By valitiney

The music is not the best, but for the most part, I have yet to really need to remove songs from the playlist, besides a select few. I listen to all genres as it is, so maybe that's why I can tolerate the majority of what there is offered, but I have seen the music being a common complaint so far.

Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I assume your sound card supports 7.1 output and you have its drivers configured properly? While personally, I've never understood the appeal of surround sound headsets (headphones literally only need two channels to provide a pretty much perfect surround sound experience: see virtual barbershop, and with only two sound drivers vs. 7+ the fidelity is much higher) it's entirely possible there's an issue with the mixing in Watch_Dogs.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

There's a good chance this is related to the game. If they can release it with NVidia surround not working (yet still advertised as supported) then who knows what other minority details they missed along the way.

valitiney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jrad said:

it's entirely possible there's an issue with the mixing in Watch_Dogs.

I am assuming it is this, everything on my end is correct, 7.1 card, drivers, etc. I am just baffled that something such as this was overlooked, sure, it isn't the biggest thing in the game, but it is a large part of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.