Ubisoft just flipped the Gaming Industry on it's head!!!

• 55 results
#1 Edited by BPRJCTX (704 posts) -

Update:

E3 Demo (shows Driving):

Screenshots:

Article:

http://digixav.wordpress.com/2012/06/05/watch-dogs/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you guys see that?!

That was unbelievable, i was just in awe throughout the wholle video!!!

Watch Dogs, the first next Gen game?

And was that a Wii U Pro Controller, or some controller for the PC?

If that was on the Wii U...

I didn't expect it to be that powerfull...

I can only imagine what the PS4, and the next Xbox will be able to produce...

Edit 1:

Check it out, if you haven't wathced it, and if you did, watch it again!!!

http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/ubisoft-e3/

It's at the one hour mark.

Edit 2:

It's a 3rd party PC pad that looks like a 360 controller.

It was running on a killer PC.

#2 Edited by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

VIDEO GAMEZ R KOOOOOLL!!11

#3 Posted by BPRJCTX (704 posts) -

@sofacitysweetheart said:

VIDEO GAMEZ R KOOOOOLL!!11

YESSS!!!

#4 Posted by mpgeist (593 posts) -

People felt the same way about Halo 2. Watch Dogs is interesting and has potential, but calm down.

#5 Posted by ShalashaskaUK666 (517 posts) -

I thought 360??

#6 Posted by Intro (1205 posts) -

Had to have been PC, it looked great. Actually excited for a game from E3.

http://www.gametrailers.com/netstorage/e3/live.html

It's at 7:35:00 or so

#7 Posted by kimj0ngil (7 posts) -

I AM EXCITED FOR EVERY GAME MADE PART 4

#8 Posted by Coafi (1481 posts) -

Did you also experience some girlwood?

#9 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

I was under the impression that was PS3 footage.

#10 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

@Coafi said:

Did you also experience some girlwood?

I did. I truly did. Tasted like pennies.

#11 Posted by Brodehouse (9585 posts) -

Watchdogs is not next-gen. It's Assassin's Creed with a different setting and a cover system.

#12 Posted by MildMolasses (3213 posts) -

It looked like he was using a dualshock controller, but there was no onscreen indications of any sort as to what it was running off

#13 Posted by Landon (4130 posts) -

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

Yeah, I thought it was a PS3 game as well.

#14 Posted by Jimbo (9772 posts) -
@Brodehouse said:

Watchdogs is not next-gen. It's Assassin's Creed with a different setting and a cover system.

Eh, not really.
#15 Posted by samcroft90 (90 posts) -

you heard that will smith song too? yeah it was pretty awesome

#16 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

From what they've displayed at the presser it seemed a lot more than that. Especially that ending, leading us to believe the game has an connected online world with that fidelity of graphics? Very impressive and lots of unanswered questions, which is great. Actually genuinely excited.

#17 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2458 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

You could say that about every game ever, except the very first one.

#18 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Looked like they were playing it on the PS3, visually the console is capable of producing some astoundingly beautiful games such as God of War 3, Killzone 3, Uncharted series and so on. Wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft spent some time working on making the game look and run well.

#19 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@Landon said:

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

Someone pointed out in another thread that they were using a 360 controller.

#20 Posted by Brodehouse (9585 posts) -

@atomic_dumpling said:

@Brodehouse said:

What? Other games aren't Assassin's Creed.

@Dylabaloo said:

@Brodehouse said:

From what they've displayed at the presser it seemed a lot more than that. Especially that ending, leading us to believe the game has an connected online world with that fidelity of graphics? Very impressive and lots of unanswered questions, which is great. Actually genuinely excited.

It's running on a PC. That doesn't mean it's next-gen.

#21 Posted by Redbullet685 (6025 posts) -

In the chat someone said it was some kind of PC 3rd party controller.

#22 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

It's running on a PC. That doesn't mean it's next-gen.

Never said it was or wasn't next gen and quite honestly I don't care. I was responding to your comment of it being derivative of Assassin's Creed which it clearly is not.

#23 Posted by BPRJCTX (704 posts) -

@ShalashaskaUK666 said:

I thought 360??

@Intro said:

Had to have been PC, it looked great. Actually excited for a game from E3.

http://www.gametrailers.com/netstorage/e3/live.html

It's at 7:35:00 or so

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

@MildMolasses said:

It looked like he was using a dualshock controller, but there was no onscreen indications of any sort as to what it was running off

@Landon said:

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

Here:

http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/ubisoft-e3/

You can see it at 1:08:12.

It's definitely not the PS3's or the Wii U controller.

It has the same colored buttons as the 360 pad, and it looks like it, but i think it's a third party PC pad, that looks like a 360 controller.

#24 Edited by BPRJCTX (704 posts) -

@Hamz said:

Looked like they were playing it on the PS3, visually the console is capable of producing some astoundingly beautiful games such as God of War 3, Killzone 3, Uncharted series and so on. Wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft spent some time working on making the game look and run well.

Look at my last post.

It wasn't a PS3 pad.

It looks like a 360 pad, but it's probably a third party one, and even if it was the official one, that was running on a killer PC.

#25 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2458 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

@atomic_dumpling said:

@Brodehouse said:

Assassin's Creed is just Splinter Cell with a different setting, combat and climbing mechanics -- which iself was just Thief with high-tech equipment and a different setting (and so forth).

#26 Posted by Xerxes8933A (227 posts) -

Here's a screencap. Looks like a third party xbox controller.

#27 Posted by Brodehouse (9585 posts) -

@atomic_dumpling said:

@Brodehouse said:

@atomic_dumpling said:

@Brodehouse said:

Assassin's Creed is just Splinter Cell with a different setting, combat and climbing mechanics -- which iself was just Thief with high-tech equipment and a different setting (and so forth).

I just asked my roommate what game he thought that looked like. He said 'future Assassin's Creed'. I don't understand why saying it's like Assassin's Creed is such a fucking controversy.

#28 Posted by tourgen (4427 posts) -

Really who cares what it comes out on.  I'm going to get a next-box or PS4 anyway, or just get it on the PC.

Also that Far Cry 3 looked pretty great.  I like the weird, tripped-out direction they went with it.

#29 Edited by BPRJCTX (704 posts) -
#30 Edited by p_p_o_d (543 posts) -

Ubi just showed that great games and megatons make a e3 show great even if the hosts are jacked up on redbull and cocaine and wont shut up. 

That co host guy like Patrick x5 on the "WHY THE HELL WONT YOU SHUT UP" o meter

#31 Posted by DefAde (264 posts) -
#32 Posted by warxsnake (2635 posts) -

Watchdogs is DX11

#33 Posted by alternate (2682 posts) -

Game looks interesting. The exuberance of the OP makes me feel nauseous though :D

#34 Posted by salad10203 (654 posts) -

Its sad that Giant Bomb has basically become a community of bitter hipsters. Any enthusiasm for any type of game is immediately mocked.

#35 Posted by stinky (1543 posts) -

ubisoft set a high bar by talking about games at e3.

#36 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

How does another open world game turn the industry on its head?

The demo looked awesome, but you are going too far with I think.

#37 Posted by Eidderf (506 posts) -

This is a shot in the dark but maybe it looks like a 360 control but not quite is that it was being played using the controller for the next xbox (or some sort of early prototype)

Probably not, but it's weird they didn't announce any platforms.

#38 Edited by Puzzler20 (78 posts) -

According to an Ubisoft Release Calander it is a PC PS360 Game.

BTW that makes me Less Excited for this game but I still want that game.

#39 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19307 posts) -
#40 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

You know that sheer joy and excitement of a new mysterious product you feel? 
I haven't felt that in years. Sure, I've felt unbelievable hype for Battlefield 3 and Red Dead Redemption for example, but they all felt like iterations, recycling games we know, styles we've gotten enough of. 

But when I watched that Watch Dogs demo, for the first time in years I didn't wanna be cynical orstart comparing it to other games. I just felt a raw new IP in front of me that shows incredible potential. I am excited. 

It will probably be another cover based console shooter with aim assist, scripted events, too many cutscenes, QTEs, pseudo-freedom and the camera control being taken away from me all the time (like Far Cry 3), but hey, a man can dream.

#41 Posted by Kaiserreich (684 posts) -

Confirmed by Ubisoft that it was running on a PC.

#42 Posted by BPRJCTX (704 posts) -

@Eidderf said:

This is a shot in the dark but maybe it looks like a 360 control but not quite is that it was being played using the controller for the next xbox (or some sort of early prototype)

Probably not, but it's weird they didn't announce any platforms.

Here's a better look at the controller.

It looks more like a cheap knock off of the 360 game pad for the PC.

Maybe if no one can find that controller on the Web, you could be right about it being an early prototype for the next Xbox controller.

#43 Posted by Flawed_System (388 posts) -

Looks cool. Will be getting it.

#44 Posted by BPRJCTX (704 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

You know that sheer joy and excitement of a new mysterious product you feel?
I haven't felt that in years. Sure, I've felt unbelievable hype for Battlefield 3 and Red Dead Redemption for example, but they all felt like iterations, recycling games we know, styles we've gotten enough of.

But when I watched that Watch Dogs demo, for the first time in years I didn't wanna be cynical orstart comparing it to other games. I just felt a raw new IP in front of me that shows incredible potential. I am excited.

It will probably be another cover based console shooter with aim assist, scripted events, too many cutscenes, QTEs, pseudo-freedom and the camera control being taken away from me all the time (like Far Cry 3), but hey, a man can dream.

Yes yes yes!!!

I know exactly how you feel!!!

I rarely get excited about games, abut man, just feel like a little kid on chistmas morning right now!!!

#45 Posted by BisonHero (6160 posts) -

@salad10203 said:

Its sad that Giant Bomb has basically become a community of bitter hipsters. Any enthusiasm for any type of game is immediately mocked.

Pretty much. This easily has potential for game of the show, though it's a little unfair because it's probably going to be one of the only surprises of the show.

Sure, there is a cynical part of me that wants to believe that demo was literally the coolest possible execution of all of those hacking abilities, and I know at some point that game will come out and people will write guides for it, and in reality there are probably one or two abilities that are abusable as hell.

But c'mon, that trailer was cool as fuck, and came out of nowhere, and is basically the amount of hacking that would've made sense for the new Syndicate.

#46 Posted by BPRJCTX (704 posts) -

@Puzzler20 said:

According to an Ubisoft Release Calander it is a PC PS360 Game.

BTW that makes me Less Excited for this game but I still want that game.

I just, can't believe that...

I don't know how they're gonna put this game on the 360 or PS3.

It just looks like something so far beyond the capabilities of the current hardware.

It literally made AC3 look like crap in comparisson...

#47 Posted by xyzygy (9891 posts) -

OK yeah that was amazing.

#48 Posted by phrali (646 posts) -

it's ubisoft. it's going to be a disappointment.

#49 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2484 posts) -

I would pay $60 just for a game that I can walk around an open world and randomly jam cell phone signals to piss people off.

No. Seriously, give me that game.

#50 Posted by erikalui (21 posts) -

I too am excited about the gaming functions and the new releases shown on Youtube. I just now want the game in my hand to have a blast.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.